Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM
Default Kimono for Formal wear
I thought I had seen this somewhere but I'm not having any luck finding it if it exists! I'm looking for kimono that can be worn as formal clothing. I'm fine with the existing ones being unlocked for that category, though I wouldn't turn my nose up at recolors
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:55 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 24th Jul 2018 at 9:46 PM.
if you find the clothing for any category, you can use Wardrobe Wrangler or SimPE to change its/their clothing category.
some Sims Resource tutorial lists the SimPE values for each individual clothing category.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
if you find the clothing for any category, you can use Wardrobe Wrangler or SimPE to change its/their clothing category.
some Sims Resource tutorial lists the SimPE values for each individual clothing category.

I do have both Wardrobe Wrangler and SimPE. I've used WW to change things before, but only on CC packages. Do you know of any tutorials on how to change something already in game? I imagine the kimono lurks somewhere in the objects package of the pack it came with, though I haven't a clue how one would find it or change it.

@emmyjulia Thanks! Those are lovely recolors =)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:03 PM
Extract the PropertySet (from the ingame files, not from a recolor in Bodyshop) from the outfit you want to change, put it in a new file, and change the category (20 is formal - if it's set to everyday which is 7, you can set it to 27 to get both).
Full tutorial here: http://modthesims.info/t/448540

Some of the kimonoes might be in the Holiday sets, named H05 and H06, here (in a non-UC game)
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 6:26 PM
@simmer22 Thank you for the tutorial! (Sorry for the late reply.)