Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Suit Yourself - Vintage Mod! Outfits For The Lads

by Berg Posted 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:14 PM - Updated 11th Aug 2007 at 4:21 PM by Berg

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 9:02 AM
I know I promised myself I won't download anymore but for such a retro freak like me, not downloading these suits is a crime. Thanks a crunch for those awesome suits!!!
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 7:05 PM
Wow, thats cool
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 10:52 PM
Thanks for your kind comments, everyone! I hope you'll find good use for these outfits and maybe make some more for us! And a big thank you, to you who suggested this as a featured item
Quote: Originally posted by smurfrevolt
It would be really fantastic though if these clothes will also be available for teens and young adults...I have no idea how it can be done, and it must be difficult, but these are too good not to be worn by the other sims... =D

Not difficult Even if you're a SimPE-phobic, it's child's play to make these outfits available for YA's as well. It's covered in the Bodyshop Skinning forum (I believe Faylen wrote a tutorial). It's very easy and you can't screw up your game, I promise :P

For teens... Not difficult either, just boring But I plan to convert the mesh and textures for teens too, eventually. My old suit for teens hasn't aged gracefully so I will replace it. One day!

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 2:56 AM
This is great!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 10:04 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Aug 2007 at 9:07 PM. Reason: is a thanks post
Wow ! Just excelent ! Five stars !

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Berg
Thanks for your kind comments, everyone! I hope you'll find good use for these outfits and maybe make some more for us! And a big thank you, to you who suggested this as a featured item

Not difficult Even if you're a SimPE-phobic, it's child's play to make these outfits available for YA's as well. It's covered in the Bodyshop Skinning forum (I believe Faylen wrote a tutorial). It's very easy and you can't screw up your game, I promise :P

For teens... Not difficult either, just boring But I plan to convert the mesh and textures for teens too, eventually. My old suit for teens hasn't aged gracefully so I will replace it. One day!

Um, I really am a tad apprehensive about using SimPE. I'm reading up on it now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smurfrevolt
Um, I really am a tad apprehensive about using SimPE. I'm reading up on it now.

You'll be fine! PM me if you need any additional help.

Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 5:56 PM
OMG. I'm SO glad someone finally made some slick 60's fashion.
Any change of you doing, like, some traditional 60's skinhead gear? Braces, old levi stay-press, fred perry's and ben shermans?
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:05 PM
These are very cool, but when I try to extract the files with winrar, it says that they're corrupt. How can I fix that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 2:09 AM
Weddles: Redownload!

This is a common error. Sometimes something gets corrupted during download. Just try again!

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 3:21 AM
great job, smart and unique to any suits in my game. thanks!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 5:45 AM
yesssss! where did you get that sharp bowler hat as well?

mi cuerpo es mio. no se toca, no se viola, no se daña, no se mata!
Instructor
#38 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:13 AM
Great job, I have no idea why I haven't commented on this yet...? Thank you!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 11:31 AM
these are great. My businessy sims will be very pleased with these suits =]
Forum Resident
#40 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 2:48 PM
Wow, a very deserved feature! These are beautiful. You are a great skinner, Berg! Thank you. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#41 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:17 AM
Ohmigosh... fab! THANKS!
Forum Resident
#42 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:37 AM
I've said it once, I'll say it again. I love these!

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
Test Subject
#43 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 6:17 PM
awesome!!!!
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 1:36 PM Last edited by whiterider : 14th Dec 2007 at 5:28 PM.
yeah!! great job!! :D
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 12:30 AM
let us know when the hat is out!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 11:54 AM
Tiiight... ^^

Don't hate me for my negative personality... It's in the blood.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 7:47 PM
Thank you so much for this beautiful mesh. And thank you especially for your generous redistribution policy. I can't wait to recolor these (not that yours aren't beautiful!)

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Test Subject
#48 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 2:57 AM
goodness, these are really nice. but could you make them for adult females too? like everything the same except it would be wearable by both sexes. :] it'd be greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 11:09 AM
Fantastic. But could you please also make a set of these suits revamped to look like the two that David Tennant wears in Doctor Who?
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 2:11 AM
Amazing! I love them all!

You do know you need to get a move on on that bowler, right? It looks incredible, and I've been looking for one for a month, lol! (No, I do NOT have the tenacity to make one myself!)

"Girls have gotta be either sexy or smart, not both. That's why for every ounce of ugly you are, you need to read one book. Now, would you like me to drive you to the library?" -Taylor Geiman
Page 2 of 3