Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 6:20 PM
Default CAS overwritten face templates by CC
Hello everyone!

Recently I've stumbled upon a change in my face templates that I certainly did myself. No matter what I do the sims don't change that much which bothers me greatly. Now I want to get rid of the said CC and I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this issues.

Is there a program that would help me to identify the culprit CC that changes the face templates? I honestly don't remember at all which CC it was in my downloads folder. I've tried to search the "default replacement" keywords and variations of it inside my downloads folder and I sadly didn't find anything.

Many thanks to anyone willing to help!

I also attached a screenshot below to better illustrate my issue:

Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 7:07 PM
First try searching for the names of the Maxis face templates. Try the terms 'cper', 'elf', 'caus'- also look for 'arch'. If you look at some other face templates you'll see that the creators often use the Maxis names in the filename- see this download for example:
https://modthesims.info/d/239790
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 7:42 PM
Thank you! I have gone through my download folder and even downloaded some CC templates to know what I'm working with. However, I found nothing in my downloads folder. I am officially lost, no idea what it could be.

Unfortunately I can't even pinpoint when exactly this change happened as I've been playing with families I wasn't creating. I first noticed this odd thing yesterday when I tried to give a townie sim my sim married a plastic surgery. That was the first moment I thought something was off and today in CAS it was confirmed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 9:11 PM
Try the Clean Installer-face replacements should show up as a default replacement.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 12:24 AM
Ha! That actually helped me!

I found the culprit in no time. I cross referenced it with the creator and I found the face replacements.

Thank you so so much for you help.

Also, the names are the reason why I probably couldn't find it by searching for the names of the templates. This creator uses completely different ones.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 8:31 AM
Well done! Yes, they have the 'cper', 'elf', 'caus' bits that I mentioned in there, that's the Maxis face designation. Well done for finding them!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:04 AM
Putting a * in front of a search term in Windows Explorer will help pick up stuff in the middle like that. That is not really explained well XD, so, for example ...

I have a picture in my Pictures folder named '5greycats'. A search for 'grey' won't pick it up, because it's in the middle of the whole name without a space or - in front of it. A search for *grey will pick it up.

Also, it really helps to have a separate folder for default replacements!

Cat Tax. XD

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:43 AM
I actually didn't even know about that. I was also confused because it WAS sometimes picking up stuff in the middle but I'll try to remember this to apply it in the future.

And I already made sure all of my default replacements have their own special folder. I have one for "behavior mods" aka gameplay mods but somehow forgot to group defaults together... Well, I have learned my lesson.

Once again thank you both for help and great tips!