Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 1:16 PM
Actually since I started this thread, they seem to have stopped going on about yibsimism on twitter, so either they were just a bit hydrated and ebullient last night or they thought toning it down might be a better idea after all.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Inventor
#52 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
crinrict, the link in your signature is unavailable?

Is it still not working for you ? It does for me.

--------

Thanks guys for all the 'love'. I'm truly enjoying myself so far. Met lots of very nice people.

Today we had a tour of cologne, checking out the chocolate museum and of course press conference. That was a one of a kind experience (very loud and not interested in any of the other games they showed) but it was all done very professionally in my opinion.

I'll post more about the game itself when we see more ourselves and know which infos we can post.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
They're thinking of including a memorial to Qxxn or whatever her name was in the game?

There is a petition going around the official site for it, but EA hasn't responded yet to any of the requests. Just don't go there saying that you don't want it...not a pretty sight. There was a thread about some logo on a store set looked like a dedication to Quxxn and I did respond about that issue being absurd and if it is, I am not interested. There have been lots of players that have contributed to this community in far useful ways than a "Let's Play" video and they died without any notice or fanfare on the site. Some have used their mods, CC, or whatever was contributed by them. I was not trying to be disrespectful to their sorrow, but thought it would be better for them to create something in their own game and make a thread of dedication. I really hope EA don't do that and I would never ask EA to make a dedication for a Simmer that passed. I would make my own. IMHO

Reason why I brought up Quxxn because she was part of the Yibsims group.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#54 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict

--------

Thanks guys for all the 'love'. I'm truly enjoying myself so far. Met lots of very nice people.

Today we had a tour of cologne, checking out the chocolate museum and of course press conference. That was a one of a kind experience (very loud and not interested in any of the other games they showed) but it was all done very professionally in my opinion.

I'll post more about the game itself when we see more ourselves and know which infos we can post.

Main info we want.. if you can share it well.. the main info I want to know. Do we have life stages?
Original Poster
#55 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Main info we want.. if you can share it well.. the main info I want to know. Do we have life stages?

That's definitely embargoed till November :P

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#56 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:05 PM
Wonder how many times we'll see the words "tactile" and "expressive" in the next few days.

Don't forget "groundbreaking" and "revolutionary"
Instructor
#57 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:22 PM

It is now but wasn't earlier (I got web is unavailable quite a few times, odd).

It would be great if you could somehow find out if we get proper genetics (hint hint). :D

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#58 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:13 PM
I can't speak for Twallan, since I'm not Twallan, obviously, but he has already said he has no plans for modding Sims 4, so I don't think an invite was forthcoming.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 9:50 PM
I honestly thougt YibSims was a new sim site. I kept reading the word in the last week and kept thinking i should Google it but never did.
Inventor
#60 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
It is now but wasn't earlier (I got web is unavailable quite a few times, odd).

My site sometimes does that especially if there's traffic to it. I don't have the best hosting plan cause I usually don't get as many hits at one time as other sites.

Glad it's working now.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 11:58 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 21st Aug 2013 at 12:36 AM.
The only one who's there right now that I actually care about is Flabaliki (James). His tutorials on the The Sim Supply Youtube page have been a humungous help to me over the years. Everyone else can go jump off a bridge (And my stomach turned a little when I saw Ipodzeke in James' Vlog)

As for the Quxxn Memorial (if that's actually gonna be a thing), why not give her one? I wasn't a fan of hers in the slightest but it doesn't bother me. Not should it bother anybody if EA chooses to honor her in some way. It just seems really petty and insulting to her if people are offended by EA showing a gesture of kindness for once :/
Theorist
#62 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hey guys,

I can't help commenting cause as many know, I'm here in Cologne as well.

I want to say that I know exactly how you all feel and that I don't feel like I'm part of the YibSims clan at all. I was invited to the event as pay-off for my work at the AnswerHQ. I personally don't think I earned this anymore than any other simmer but I'm very happy to have been included (and I don't feel bad about that at all). Everyone has his/her place and you are all awesome anyways. Were would we even be without ModTheSims ? What boring life our sims would be doomed to live ? You're as much YibSims as anyone else.

(snip to make this a wee bit shorter)

Let me know what I can do that makes you feel represented. I'm all about bugs but I do think it's to early to focus on any of those just yet but I'll be sure to tell them, should I see any in the demos we get to play so I'm still totally unsure what my reports are going to look like.

(and I also think it's a bad idea to call the invited group YibSims, whoever might be included in that term - is it only the ones that were invited to the conference call or also the few builder and myself that were invited much later)

Need to get ready for breakfast and tour of Cologne now but I'll check back in. Promised.

Crinrict, you know we love you!

Ha ha! Seriously though, I was really happy to see that you and some of the other creators were invited after all - I think they really did listen to the fans who were not thrilled with the whole "yibsim" thing from the conference. I know I saw more than one thread about it on the official forum!

Speaking for myself, I'm jealous as hell but I don't think I could take the stress of that event right now anyway.

Have fun and report back on everything you can!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Alchemist
#63 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 12:40 AM
Matrix54, Pescado and Jessa should have been invited. Oh wait...maybe not Pescado. He might scare some people. Love you, Pes!
Mad Poster
#64 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:25 AM
OMG, can you imagine the horror of me being apart of Yibsims? Considering I'm not the biggest fan of most of the people in Yibsims (Especially Curtis and Zeke) and I'm not all too fond of the Sims 4, or the state of the series and the company as a whole...

I guess it'll be good for drama. *shrug*

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#65 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:33 AM
It has been revealed. The Sims 4 EA forum talks about Yibsims. Get a new friend or neighbor. Well the other shoe has dropped. We're getting a co-op feature at the very least.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:38 AM
It has been revealed. The Sims 4 EA forum talks about Yibsims. Get a new friend or neighbor. Well the other shoe has dropped. We're getting a co-op feature at the very least.

Oh crap
Mad Poster
#67 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:41 AM
OK, gotcha. I know for sure I am out. Been nice knowing you, see you in the Sims 3 forums.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#68 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 1:44 AM
For clarification here is the entirety of the description

The Yibsim Simposium
"The Sims that play together, stay together. Make new friends and neighbors in here! "
Eminence Grise
#69 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 2:11 AM
IMO they SHOULD invite the people whose contributions are more important to simmers and the success of the franchise than anybody else's... that is, the top mod tool makers and modders, starting with Inge and Peter Jones, Delphy and HP, Twallan, Pescado (although I think there are pretty good reasons for them to think twice about him ), CMO, and so on. (I could list lots of others, but am concerned about leaving out some of our brightest and best.) However, I think that probably what EA thinks about that group is... "they know too much". And they do

Great that Crinrict went though... Crin, you truly deserve it
Field Researcher
#70 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 2:12 AM
Wonder how many times we'll see the words "tactile" and "expressive" in the next few days.

There's a drinking game in there somewhere.
Theorist
#71 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 2:12 AM
Yeah, it doesn't really reveal a whole lot, IMO. It might just be a way to find friends for the social features, and we already knew it would have social features. I don't see anything there that states people can play in each other's games or anything like that.

That said, yeah, I think they are still planning to go heavily into the social crap. I think that's why they dumbed down the graphics/art style (all the better for a multi-platform game) but I'm waiting to see just what the in-game social aspects consists of before I have a panic attack.

I haven't seen anything that makes me want to run out and pre-order the game either way.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#72 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 3:29 AM
For clarification here is the entirety of the description

The Yibsim Simposium
"The Sims that play together, stay together. Make new friends and neighbors in here! "

I hate how they seem to be pussyfooting around all the online elements in the game and scared to tell us about them, its like they've got no balls to go with the cock they're ramming down our throats.
Eminence Grise
#73 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling
I hate how they seem to be pussyfooting around all the online elements in the game and scared to tell us about them, its like they've got no balls to go with the cock they're ramming down our throats.

Why do you think they're pussyfooting? :O The one thing that has been perfectly clear is that there's no online requirement. For instance http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/ne...e-sims-yet.html :
Offering an online, connected "platform" - if you want to be part of it

With such flexible but accessible opportunities for creating buildings and Sims, The Sims 4 has big plans for connecting and sharing content with others.

While specifics on this will be shared at a later date, sharing and shopping tools will be fully integrated and internal to the game itself, making it easy to access content.

Vaughn also confirmed that for those who don't want to take part in online aspects don't have to - you can fully opt out of sharing content – and added it will be possible to play everything offline.

You can choose not to BELIEVE them, but they've addressed this straight on in every venue I've seen. And "shopping and sharing" is exactly what is already implemented in TS3... may be more integrated but clearly non-essential.
Alchemist
#74 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 4:38 AM

Fetch happened!

Noooooo......
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 7:58 AM
Well I am very glad we can finally all become yibsims. OMG I was so jealous, eating up inside with desperation to be someone's yibsim... :smirk:

So, which of you lovely simmers wants to be yibsims with me?

Page 3 of 5