Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 10:04 PM
Deleting clothing...
What is the best way to delete clothing from the game without borking your game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 11:23 PM
From the Downloads folder.

I tend to use the tooltip tool along with Bodyshop and SimPE if I need to clean out large amounts of CAS items.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
From the Downloads folder.

I tend to use the tooltip tool along with Bodyshop and SimPE if I need to clean out large amounts of CAS items.

What is the tooltip tool?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2023 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wowrosanna
What is the tooltip tool?
I'm pretty sure it's this tool by CatofEvilGenius for adding tooltips to Body Shop files.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2023 at 12:14 PM
I think that the only borkage possibility in Bodyshop is if something Maxis has accidentally been given the cc star?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Apr 2023 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I think that the only borkage possibility in Bodyshop is if something Maxis has accidentally been given the cc star?

I believe so, although I think it can get messy and leave files behind if a piece of CC comes with many files.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2023 at 10:29 PM
Unlocked clothes with the star/bin showing.
Clothes without the star but with the bin (if that ever happens).
Some default replacement clothes (if the star/bin is showing).
Repo'd clothing (to EAxis items) can potentially also cause trouble.

Honestly a bit difficult to know at times, because there are people who can more than happily delete anything they want, and then there are people who delete one item, and suddenly they've somehow deleted some game texture files.

I prefer deleting from the Downloads folder, mainly because then I can also more easily pair meshes up with the clothes, or delete entire sets, or edit the clothes if all they need is some fixing.