Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#276 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 7:50 AM
thanks after I followed your instructions I went on the game and that boring on cornstale table had cloned and the clone turned to a better type of that end table I've almost used it by bedside's in every house I've made
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 6:02 PM
I needhelp
The ModFather
retired moderator
#278 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 8:47 PM
Reading your previous post, I thought the tutorial worked for you...
What's wrong? Please be detailed in your question.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:27 AM
I need help. I import the file completely, and I do all of the steps. The problem starts with the registration process, I already registrated, and when I click on user GUID, it says 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
For worse matters, after I see this I try to get into the content of the Geometrical Data Container; it says'Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'
That one's even worse, so I decided to ask y'all what this means and how could I fix it. Can somebody help?
Part-time Hermit
#280 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:48 AM
nelson_ts2fan_loco, for the GMDC problem, you need to install the managed DirectX there is a link to at the SimPE download page.
Test Subject
#281 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:36 PM
Default Thanks
Thanks for the great tutorial. The only problem is, I can't get SimPE to work. How can I do that?
Part-time Hermit
#282 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:38 PM
littlejelbea, you need to be a lot more specific about what exactly isn't working about SimPE. Also, make sure you download and install the Needed Software to run SimPE from the SimPE download page.
Test Subject
#283 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 12:17 AM
Whenever I open SimPE this message pops up: "C://WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.5072\mscorwks.dll cannot be loaded"
I have downloaded all the needed software
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 12:56 AM
Default Yay!!!!
Thanks IgnorantBliss, It works fine, now I can start making all kinds of stuff!

NOTE: nelson_ts2fan_loco is not my name anymore
my real name is Nel
N-E-L
Thank you for your attention
Part-time Hermit
#285 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:43 AM
littlejelbea, did you also install the NET Framework you downloaded?
Test Subject
#286 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:19 PM Last edited by vidpro95 : 10th Mar 2007 at 1:29 AM.
Wow!!! Thanx so much!!!! I needed this tutorial!! But I in step 4 It wont work and i cant go on from that point!
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:03 PM
Hey, I have something else that's made me ill...how do you use the UV mapping layout propperly. I have the mesh of the Red vs Blue painting and made the frames a lot different. How do I know what kind of map to use in the UV mapper?
When I run the game, the colors are as grey as in Wings, and the colors and images I pasted in the Photoshop for my painting were placed right in the middle, crossing vertically. Is there a link of a tutorial for the propper usage of UV maps? Can somebody help on this one?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#288 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 1:12 AM
This article might interest you, in case you didn't read it already.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#289 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 8:29 PM
I gave this meshing another try and I understand it better now... But I still got a question:
If I import the file at the datacontainer I've got a Model more than the object I've cloned. Is that okay? Or is there a way to put things together so you get less Models?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#290 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 10:32 PM
Avaluna, no, you shouldn't have that extra model. You probably have forgotten to delete the original maxis table (read step 29).

Forum Resident
#291 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 3:57 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to say that I'm working on another kind of thing. Not on this endtable.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#292 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 7:08 PM
Ah, OK; but the method is usually the same: you create a new mesh using "primitives" (cubes, spheres etc), while using the original mesh as a reference.

Let's say that the original mesh has only one model (like in the tutorial): you can create as many primitives you want, but before exporting the finished new mesh you have to:
1) delete from wings the original mesh that you used as a reference;
2) group together all the various sub-meshes that you have created in one single mesh, and rename it exactly like the original model.

Forum Resident
#293 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 8:52 PM
But how do you groep the sub-meshes together?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#294 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 9:17 PM
First off, press the Space bar to deselect everything.

Then click on the rightmost pyramid (= model selection mode) and select the meshes you want to regroup by either clicking on the mesh themselves, or by clicking on the little pyramid next to the mesh name (in the geometry panel).

Lastly, right-click anywhere on the main screen and select the menu entry "Combine".

When done, you only have to rename the (one) resulting mesh: select its name from the Geometry panel, right-click on the name itself and choose "Rename".

Forum Resident
#295 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 9:29 PM
Thank you so much! I found it. :D
Test Subject
#296 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 3:31 PM
I'm using the newest version of SimPE..The res tof the steps i can follow but untill the steps about the materials..I cant find the Geometric Data container thingy around the simPE..What should I do?
Part-time Hermit
#297 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 3:38 PM
kittymouse, did you have the "reference original mesh" option selected when cloning? Unselect that, otherwise the mesh will not be included into the package.
Test Subject
#298 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 6:39 AM Last edited by kittymouse : 18th Mar 2007 at 6:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to add some details
Thank you IgnorantBliss for giving me the right instruction to ge tthe GMDC....But heres another problem...when i tried to open up the Geometric Data Container an error appeared...

*edit*I had already tried downloading the latest Microsoft DirectX but it still won't work...
Part-time Hermit
#299 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 8:00 AM
Have you downloaded and installed the managed DirectX there is a link to at the SimPE download page?
Test Subject
#300 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 10:36 AM
Yay I did it! This the best "last day of my holiday" days ever!

~~Blow WInd Blow~~~
Page 12 of 18