Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
#26 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
I made a object with Geostates and it worked perfect for me(with TSRW) http://www.modthesims.info/d/437887
Just keep in mind that the Geostate itself is usually the full mesh while the none Geostate is the object's mesh with missing parts, can be confusing.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th May 2011 at 6:13 PM
Hi, I've had some issues regarding this before but I was linked back here and followed the steps etc and I have the updated version of S3pe... I Dont use TSRW, I use the S3OC and S3pe.
I Copied all the instances from the main mesh (A) and Copied it to (B and C) (see Image) and I'm still left with a weird bookshelf... I dunno where Im going wrong... The Glass shows perfectly... and the ornaments (candles and plantpot) though... they appear with the Material on them when they shouldnt, and also the books are missing and legs.. But thing is in preview (In-game) it shows up fine... help would be appreciated ty.

Alchemist
#28 Old 29th May 2011 at 6:46 PM
If you want to use S3PE and S3OC and have working geostate items in-game you'll need to transition your object through Blender using Cmo's Blender plugins. They're available in the downloads section. They work with the current stable version of s3pe.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th May 2011 at 7:14 PM
Im confused... so I cant use milkshape anymore ?? I only ever use blender for creating Baked textures, what would be the transition that the object makes through Blender... would it be to replace the former mesh and assign bones like in Milkshape or something else ? Im lost now... I figured this was possible done with what i have..
Alchemist
#30 Old 29th May 2011 at 7:21 PM
If you want is a static item (ie. no appearing parts) you can use the test version of S3PE and the new Milkshape plugins. This will allow you to have an item that looks exactly like your mesh does in your editor and will not require additional editing in s3pe.

If you would like your item to have working geostates like the EA bookcase does you can use the current stable version of S3PE and the new Blender plugins. There are instructions for how to do this in the downloads thread for the Blender plugins.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:02 PM
Oh Noo I dont want anything changing or moving lol thats the last thing I want to do as Im conjouring a headache just getting my head around this whole thing >.<, I just want a static object no changes upon full/empty states, I followed the steps which Cmo posted on the first page and I included what i changed above.. Hopefully he can come and check that I've done it correctly... but never the less its all messed up in game and Im gonna have to recreate the package anyway because since making those changes to the instances when decompiling... the Modl file is coming up with a read error.. so something i've altered is obviously wrong. I basically want what the former poster did... to merge all geostates to the base mesh so It doesnt change..
Sockpuppet
#32 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:17 PM
You dont need to change anything, just select all faces/verts from the mesh and set it as geostate.
In TSRW you can select them in your preview and reading OM's post you can do something similar with the Blender plugin.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:23 PM
Im not using TSRW Im using Sp3e and S3oc... so Its not as simple as you make it sound lol theres nowhere for me to select faces then set them as geostates, Im not using the Blender plugin from cmo...
Alchemist
#34 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:32 PM
Mel, if you want a static object without the headache of editing you can get the test version of s3pe, the test helper linked in same thread, and the new Milkshape plugins by WesHowe. If you use those you will get a static object without any further editing in s3pe.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:44 PM
Ok so I have the S3PE current version 11-0402-0951, and I have the wesh Howe plugins because I use them to import/export my other meshes, what is it that Im missing exactly because Im doing the same method as if I was creating a table package or chair... but my end result is missing areas of the mesh so what steps do I take differently from normal meshes? bare in mind this is a Bookshelf.. Because I need the geostates to be all one so that the mesh doesnt show in parts like how it is now..
Alchemist
#36 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melanise
Ok so I have the S3PE current version 11-0402-0951, and I have the wesh Howe plugins because I use them to import/export my other meshes, what is it that Im missing exactly because Im doing the same method as if I was creating a table package or chair... but my end result is missing areas of the mesh so what steps do I take differently from normal meshes? bare in mind this is a Bookshelf.. Because I need the geostates to be all one so that the mesh doesnt show in parts like how it is now..
S3PE 0951 is the stable version...not the test version. If you haven't updated your plugins within the last couple weeks they aren't the latest plugins.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 29th May 2011 at 11:10 PM Last edited by melanise : 30th May 2011 at 12:38 AM.
Ok I had a look at the test version... does this get put in the S3PE folder ? because alone it wont run.. and I get a windows message saying program stopped working. http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=469.0 from the forum, where do all these files go >.< ugh so confused what goes where just so close to giving up I've tried this crap 3 times now can I just have a straight direction as to what I have to do please regarding the S3PE helper and all that other stuff... how did the former poster of this thread rectify this problem..
Alchemist
#38 Old 30th May 2011 at 2:00 AM
Ok I had a look at the test version... does this get put in the S3PE folder ? because alone it wont run.. and I get a windows message saying program stopped working. http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=469.0 from the forum, where do all these files go >.< ugh so confused what goes where just so close to giving up I've tried this crap 3 times now can I just have a straight direction as to what I have to do please regarding the S3PE helper and all that other stuff... how did the former poster of this thread rectify this problem..
The new materials were not available when the former poster was having this issue. Get item #1, 2, and 4 from the list in the thread you linked above. Create a new folder for the new S3PE and use the exe button in there to run it. Helpers go in the folder labeled Helpers which is within your S3PE folder.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 30th May 2011 at 2:49 AM
Ty Orange, and when you say create a new folder for the new S3PE what do you mean ? would I need to download another s3pe... and place it in a folder along with that exe..
Alchemist
#40 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:13 AM
Ty Orange, and when you say create a new folder for the new S3PE what do you mean ? would I need to download another s3pe... and place it in a folder along with that exe..
Item number 1 on that list is the test version of s3pe. Put the whole thing into its own folder since it is still a test version. Get the helpers and put them in the helpers folder in your new S3PE folder. Run it using the exe in the main S3PE folder that you've created.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 31st May 2011 at 6:48 PM
When I go to download the test version it alerts me of that fact I already have S3PE on my pc and states for me to remove that version first... how do I by pass this ?
Alchemist
#42 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:34 PM
Download the unpack it yourself version. Create a new folder for it and empty everything in the .7z into that folder. Add the helpers. Click the .exe button.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:08 PM
OK i downloaded the beta version put all the files in... did the usualy methods to get the obejct in game and no show... I get the same result as the Image I posted before... are you sure I dont have to do anything else could I maybe post the package for you to have a look ?
Alchemist
#44 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:13 PM
Please post it
Field Researcher
#45 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:18 PM
heres the Bookshelf in all its messed up Glory lol Thankyou again x
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bookshelf.rar (397.3 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#46 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:31 PM
Make a new clone. Open it in s3pe. Click on the MLOD and choose to s3asc option near bottom of list. Don't decompile it with ObjTool. If you have the new MS plugins Wes posted you no longer need to do that when using s3asc format. Just open the s3asc in MS and replace old clone with your new mesh. Assign the joints. Export so you overwrite the original. Don't recompile. Import that back to S3PE by selecting from s3asc. Test in game.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:27 PM
thanks so much Om, so I just simply choose "To S3asc.. with all 4 mesh files on the list ? and then export them to a location then put them straight into ms.

Edit: I keep getting a program not responding message when ever I click that option on the drop down list... it just freezes then releases and does nothing.. Im gonna delete the S3AscExpImp and redownload not sure if thats the problem...
Alchemist
#48 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:37 PM
thanks so much Om, so I just simply choose "To S3asc.. with all 4 mesh files on the list ? and then export them to a location then put them straight into ms.
Yes. You want to be sure on reimportation back to S3PE to make sure you click the line of the one you want to import unless they're all in the same folder. If you have them in the same folder S3PE will select the right one. If they aren't it will attempt to import whatever you point it to and overwrite whichever line you clicked.

You're sure you put helpers in helpers folder and not help files folder? The ExpImp goes in main folder...not the helpers folder.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:47 PM
Yep I've done just that and I keep getting the "s3pe s3asc helper has stopped working".. it holds for a bit then just goes back to normal.. but doesnt do nothing else... Do I drag the files from the S3PE s3asc Helper file and put them in the helper folder or just take the files from that folder and put them in the helpers folder...
Alchemist
#50 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:39 AM
Ok...try this. Throw out that folder because something isn't right in there. Download #1 (s3pe) from the list in that link again. Create a new folder and empty the contents of the .7z into it. Then download #2 (ExpImp) on that list. Put that into the folder along with the contents of the .7z. It should say it's replacing an existing file named the same thing. Say ok to that. Then try hitting the .exe that is inside the folder. Again, the ExpImp file does *not* go into the helpers folder...it goes in the main folder. Only items with the extension .helper go into the helpers folder. It looks like Peter has all the current ones loaded for you so you don't need to worry about those at this time.
Page 2 of 3