Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:15 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 23rd Aug 2009 at 8:48 AM. Reason: fixed it myself
Default Object autonomy
Hi!

I've been working on this cauldron object, which is hacked to work as a trap. Sims using it have a body check, then if that is passed, they either gain cooking and motives, or are 'poisoned' with hits to comfort and hunger (no actual food poisoning).

The original mesh was the gnome (because I thought I wanted the kick interaction). The object should be basegame compatible, and with Rapsheba's help, I've got the polys down to 657. In the attached pic, the mesh is the gold one. Recolours not included in the current file.

I'm fairly happy with the animations and so on by now, but somwhere along the line, I have messed it up - autonomy is still set to 32, but sims will no longer choose the new interaction.

The only thing they do now is 'view'. Previously, sims were queuing up to test it. It still works when player-directed.

I quite probably wrecked it in the process of stopping the 'kick' interaction - which didn't look right, and the object was vanishing when sims went to stand it upright again. I tried to remove 'kick' from the pie menu (successful, although not sure how), and also set its autonomy to 64.

This is my first foray into meshing/modding, so I am a bit at sea. I'd really appreciate someone taking a look and helping me fix whatever I have broken. Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 8:47 AM
Fortunately, I eventually fixed this myself. I had luckily kept all my previous versions, so I searched trhoguh until I found one where the autonomy worked, and remade it from there.

Don't know what went wrong, but it's working again now. Thanks anyway.