Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#8376 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
No, but there is a mod by bluegenjutsu at The Sims Asylum that allows for this. Many players find that the romantic interactions it pushes are a bit too random and chaotic for their tastes, though. NRaas StoryProgression will push relationships forward (and backward) as will AwesomeMod's Story Mode, but that's not exactly the same thing as having proposals and weddings actually take place and these options do not affect actively being played sims and their potential partners.

Hey Thanks, I will have to try out one of the many flavors of that mod by bluegenjutsu. It may be what I was wanting or the unforeseen consequences might keep things interesting.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Instructor
#8377 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 3:42 AM
I have that mod by Blue, one of the up to proposal ones. I had one of the up to marriage but they kept getting married in the bathroom and it irritated me. I have had it work on the active sim, frequently with an inactive love interest and if I remember correctly the active but not currently selected partner. I know it works well on married active sims because every time I look away Vladimir was knocking up Ellery in my Bridgeport game.....he plans on taking over the world with his spawn....they had 8 last time I played and he had just knocked her up again.
Mad Poster
#8378 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:03 AM
Is there a mod that allows a Sim to keep their inventory stuff when moving out?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#8379 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:43 AM
Update: Added Blegenjutsu's mod and my sim asked his boyfriend to marry him in 3 sim days time. Which was right as they had maxed relationship and have been living together for at least a sim year now. Also the game gave me a wish to propose right after I added the mod, not sure if that was coincidence or not. I let them progress on their own though.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Is there a mod that allows a Sim to keep their inventory stuff when moving out?

Pocket Protector at Nrass will work for personal inventory, but I have never seen a mod for Family Inventory.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#8380 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 7:40 AM
NRaas PocketProtector only works on the specific objects it is designed to protect, tablets and potion cases (one mod file for each). Not sure what the issue is here, I've never seen a sim drop their personal inventory items because they have moved out unless the sims became homeless NPCs in the process. I have seen family inventory stick to the "wrong" household after a split, but sometimes the game sees the surviving household and the split off one as the opposites of what we had in mind. Had a just aged up YA sim move out solo once and had to redo the move three different ways so that he didn't drag generations of baby cribs, strollers, high school diplomas, old furniture he didn't need, great great grandpa's sculptures that weren't on display, etc along with him; his new home wasn't quite large enough for all that junk to set up the family museum just yet.

If world moves are in play, then that might be different.
Mad Poster
#8381 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 12:47 PM
I checked to kick them off, so they can and find move in their own home. This is without nrass story progression.

Scholar
#8382 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 2:01 PM
Regarding Nraas Story Progression, can you alter the stories so they don't mention things like skill gains? And the frequency of certain things; it feels like every sim I interact with ends up getting into a relationship hours after becoming their friends or get into relationship trouble, with someone becoming a stalker (or both sides becoming a stalker, making the messages of them complaining about being stalked really hypocritical), etc?
Mad Poster
#8383 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:12 PM
I checked to kick them off, so they can and find move in their own home. This is without nrass story progression.

The homeless virtual household is not designed to carry an inventory. Seems like personal inventory items should be okay, but as per your experiences perhaps not.
Forum Resident
#8384 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 4:49 PM
Minecraft on the PC has a mod that utilizes the real time A.I. ray tracing capabilities in the RTX 20 series cards, though there's an update for it as well on the higher-end GTX cards.

In the video below showcases a mod using a ray tracing shader and most likely other mods like texture overhaul, realistic water, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NehSihoHCpc

Question I have is: I wonder if any modders are looking into taking advantage of this ray tracing and apply it to TS3 if that's possible?
Mad Poster
#8385 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 1:57 PM
So I deleted a Sim using move objects (was broken animation wise). Will she reset back home and appear again in the skewer immediately after I return to the game? I didn't though twice and there's toddler left unattended at home.

Mad Poster
#8386 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:37 PM Last edited by igazor : 17th Jul 2019 at 6:55 PM.
So I deleted a Sim using move objects (was broken animation wise). Will she reset back home and appear again in the skewer immediately after I return to the game? I didn't though twice and there's toddler left unattended at home.

No sims of any kind should ever be deleted by way of testingcheats. Not actives, inactive residents, NPCs, stray animals, none of them. Doing so deletes their body as if they were an object only, but their sim data remains in the game and that will cause game corruption and other issues the next time the sim is called upon to instantiate or do something. There is always a better solution, or at least one that doesn't cause more problems than it solves.

There may be a clever way to get her back by way of eviction and one of the NRaas mods (Overwatch) retrieving missing sims. But generally we advise to retreat to a save before this happened and play things through another way. If any corruption does set in, there's usually no way to fix that.
Forum Resident
#8387 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 6:24 PM
If you want a Sim to reset back at home for whatever reason, you have to bring up the cheat console by pressing CTRL SHIFT and C. Then type in the box in the upper left corner, "resetsim first name last name". So the format should look like this: resetsim Kim Oakes
Mad Poster
#8388 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 9:39 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Jul 2019 at 10:34 PM.
Phew, she returned. About the inventory thing, I also running with base game and yeah - kicking two sims out of the household made their stuff go from their inventory to their mother's (remaining on the lot Sim).

Do birthday cake really never spoil as leftovers when in the fridge? Or it's something I have not noticed. If it doesn't, does that make it the only meal with special attribute?
What's the rage of price/showers that result "Cold Shower" and "Exilerating Shower" moodlets?

Scholar
#8389 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 4:34 AM
If I wanted to make a splash park, would sims play in the fountains like they do for the sprinklers? I want to make a playground that also had a splash pad for sims to play on... maybe with a wading area? Is that even possible?

Edit: Does anyone know if it's possible to make a pool with CFE so that there are different depths like you see with lakes and oceans? Does it work?
Scholar
#8390 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
If I wanted to make a splash park, would sims play in the fountains like they do for the sprinklers? I want to make a playground that also had a splash pad for sims to play on... maybe with a wading area? Is that even possible?

Edit: Does anyone know if it's possible to make a pool with CFE so that there are different depths like you see with lakes and oceans? Does it work?

I don't know but maybe try to use the transmogifier mod to change the script of fountains to spinklers. Then use moveobjects cheat to place on the ground. Or alternatively make sprinklers invisible and place on fountains.Not at my computer or I would test them myself as it sounds like a fun idea.

Lab Assistant
#8391 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 8:46 PM
Is there any trick (NRaas or otherwise) I could use to find out which sims are in a specific career track at a specific level?

For example, I would like to know which sim(s) is at level 7 (Mayor) in the political career.

(EDIT: Sure, I could ask all the townies, but that's not an efficient solution.)
Scholar
#8392 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:09 PM
I think if you go by mc > sims > status > career it will give you a specific sim's career status. Story Progression will list how many sims are in each career under "demographics" I think
Mad Poster
#8393 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:35 PM Last edited by igazor : 19th Jul 2019 at 10:22 PM.
StoryProgression does not have a Demographics function, that's MasterController.

On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Career Summary (or try Jobs By Level, Jobs By Career, etc. until you get the list you want) > "X" to dismiss the filter. Or you could run any harmless MC Command, such as Family Tree, filter to Career (Political) and Job Level (Level 7), and see who shows up.
Mad Poster
#8394 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 12:32 AM
I'm trying to figure out why my vampire child Sim got the want to hunt. Her back story is that her mother and father are both vampires. Her mother had a fling with a human inactive and got pregnant. When her son was born, it appears he takes after his human dad. I didn't see the vampire girl have a want to hunt until her human half-brother was born. Did the fact that he's human and not vampire trigger the want to hunt her baby half brother?
Scholar
#8395 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 12:37 AM
Oops! Sorry Igazor!
Top Secret Researcher
#8396 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 11:32 PM

You can hide the yellow sprinkler under something, as long as a bit of it sticks out to use for turning it on/off. Then use fountain pieces to fill out the rest. We used this in the "summer" version of this lot: A Lot For Every Season, and also the dog park in Petlandia Village.

Based on editing lots with pools and different levels, I doubt you can make pools of different depths. If you have a pool on the ground level and a below ground level adjacent to it, it is possible to flood the entire area, so i guess a "bug" in the game can be used as a feature with trial and error, but I don't think it would give you the result you want. Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#8397 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 8:44 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 21st Jul 2019 at 10:37 AM.
Am I mistaken that if you save your game paused and exit, then it's unpaused when you restart the game, that a mod is corrupt or incompatible?

Edit: taking out the Proposal/Marriage mod from Bluegenjutsu seemed to fix my problem. Must not be compatible with another mod, though it doesn't show anything on Dashboard.

Scholar
#8398 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 10:44 AM

I found these sprinklers with a smaller footprint at TSR.
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ms3/id/1081411/
I used moveobjects on and place fountains inside them to make a cute little splash zone.

Scholar
#8399 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 2:16 PM
Is there a rhyme or reason to when/why caking up a sim doesn't work? It's my sim's YA birthday and I threw her a party. She stood there cheering and clapping for two sim hours and didn't age up. I'm frustrated! If it helps, she was one day from aging up naturally. Guess who is going to school tomorrow!
Scholar
#8400 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 2:17 PM
Thanks @attuned and @murderprincessk I'll play around with it.
Page 336 of 385