Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 6:37 PM Last edited by AbstractSIMmer187 : 9th Dec 2006 at 6:43 PM.
My Santa Doll Not Working Properly!!!!!!!
Hi

i have erecently made a Santa doll, everything is perfect from the textures to the catalog to everything, when i made the mesh and exported the teddy bear doll i saw the teddy bear was standing up, so from here i just decided to build a Sanat doll also standing up.

Maybe you can help, when i load up my game the Santa doll is still standing in a upright postion, i am assuming that when you place the object on the ground it is suppose to go on a sitting postion like the teddy bear, when i ask the toddler to play with the doll he does so but no movements are added to the doll, the doll just keeps standing in the upright postion.

Could maybe the joints be wrong on this object, i have no idea how this happened, please help.

I attached the needed files, thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Santa Doll - By Travis1.rar (895.1 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 7:49 PM
You have a couple issues with this santa
1) Way to high poly. Try to keep near what the original object was.
2) You probably should have regrouped all the bear groups together.
3) You don't have the joints assigned at all as far as I can tell (cause of the toy not bending). You need to use either smd, unimesh or milkshape ascii to retain the joint animations.
4) You have 10 Material Overrides, none of which have the guid of your actual item
5) You have a group in the GMDC that you don't have listed in the SHPE file.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 8:12 PM
Is there a tut that can help me with retaining animations on a object like this, btw i regrouped my whole mesh together and it actually came to 1080 vertices and 2083 faces, the next day when i woke and worked on my mesh and done all the UV mapping and when it was time to import back into SimPE it just spilt all my groups up causing that insane poly for a 1 tile object, okay by the 10 material overides do i just go to them and put in the GUID i registred the object with right?, what is the groups name in the GMDC that is not in SHPE file.

Instructor
#4 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 9:23 PM
1) The unimesh tutorials would help if you are using milkshape. You are going to need to get the original teddy gmdc in order to see how it was assigned.
2) What split your groups?
3) You need to get rid of 9 of the material overrides, and your guid in the remaining.
4)santa_doll_default3 is the group name.
5) I imported the obj in milkshape and regrouped and it is still over 5000 faces. You need to not have everything so detailed.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 9:49 PM
okay so maybe the object was a bit to detailed, noticed how Exnems dolls are so detailed yet his polys are 1000's, i guess i will try and fiqure this problem out myself, thanks for help.

Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 2:59 AM
I haven't dabbled into object meshing much, but I'd thought I'd put my two cents in. You could probably get away with a lower detailed mesh (with less polys and faces) if you used shading... for example-

not everything on Exnem's doll is 3D but the texturing gives it a 3D look. See what I mean? Sorry if I sound completely stupid