Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 4:08 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st Dec 2006 at 1:45 PM. Reason: removed attachment
Recolours For My Custom Made Object Don't Show In The Game
Hi

I have been having this problem forever now, since i started meshing i can't get this right and it really frustrates me, maybe someone can help.

I made a new object which is a rock,marble and pebble fountain, i cloned it frome the university fountain (the smallest fountain on the game).
All is good, the textures, the meshing the catalog all showed up in game but when i clicked on the catalog screen i don't see any of my recolours showing up.

This is how i carried out the recolour procedure:

1) I loaded SimPE the clicked on "Open" and found the mesh i made
2) i then selected recolour
3) I went to the texture image section and in the plugin view i clicked 'export' on the texture image.
4) I edited my image and then opened SimPE.
5) I went to the texture image and clicked "Build DXT", I imported my new texture then clicked "update all size" "commit" and then 'save"

When i loaded my game the recolours never appeared on my Custom object fountain but rather on the fountain i cloned it from, can someone desperatly help me with recolouring custom objects PLEASE!

THE FILE IS ATTACHED TO SEE IN2, PLEASE HELP ME

P.S. I added one recourled file in the package so you can also look into that.

Thanks you

Kind Regards
TRavis

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 4:38 PM
If you open the MMAT resource for your recolour, you will see that it has the GUID of the original fountain, not your fountain. That value appears in the line called objectGUID.

Unless there is a bug in SimPE the most likely cause is that you made your recolour before you changed the GUIDs on the fountain mesh to your own.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 6:03 PM
No everytime i import my mesh back into SimPE i always go to Object Data and click "Get New Guid" then i click update all MMATS and click commit, i don't know whats wrong, so you say it has the same GUID as the fountain, interesting, how come then when i register a new guid it keeps the GUID from the old fountain?

Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 6:20 PM
Try manually pasting the new main GUID to the objectGUID field in the MMAT and committing. You need to do this with both the mesh and recolor files.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 6:57 PM
When you say the recolour file do you mean once i register a new Guid with the mesh i copy that then i open the recolour and paste it there, or do i register a Guid in the recolour file?, can you please explain more.

#6 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 7:26 PM
Your mesh file as I downloaded and examined it has your new GUIDs as it should have. When you make a recolour, it does not have its own GUID but it does have a place where it says the GUID of the object it is a recolour for. Usually when you make a recolour, you would expect SimPE to put that GUID into the recolour, but on this occasion it seems not to have done that.

In order to do it yourself, you need to open your recolour package, and open the Material Override (MMAT) resource in there. Then with the plugin view open you need to look down till you find the line called "objectGUID", click on it, then in the Value box on the right, type or paste in "0027C2E1" which is the master GUID of your fountain.

The MMAT in the mesh file is wrong too. Actually I think what happened is you didn't use the "update all MMATs" button after getting your new GUIDs.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 9:46 PM Last edited by AbstractSIMmer187 : 26th Nov 2006 at 12:35 AM.
Hmm i did press that button, well thanks for your help i will try it out now.

P.S., Thank you so much the recolours finnaly worked, you are a genius :D, Thanks.

Part-time Hermit
#8 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 7:24 AM
Quote:
Your mesh file as I downloaded and examined it has your new GUIDs as it should have. When you make a recolour, it does not have its own GUID but it does have a place where it says the GUID of the object it is a recolour for. Usually when you make a recolour, you would expect SimPE to put that GUID into the recolour, but on this occasion it seems not to have done that.

The GUID in the recolor is wrong because it's also wrong in the mesh file's MMAT. Therefore SimPE didn't really do anything wrong.
#9 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 9:39 AM
It hadn't occurred to me at the time of posting that SimPE used that field rather than one from the OBJD, but of course it has to do it that way - how is it to work out which is the master OBJD?

Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved