Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 1:16 AM Last edited by #SWAG : 18th Jul 2014 at 1:31 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
I Really Need Help!
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
My problem is simpack files are stuffing up my game and when I try to uninstall them the uninstaller doesn't respond so I can't uninstall them!
I've searched the web like CRAZY! I'M LITERALLY ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!
The files have stopped my game from working!
AHHHHH

and yes my game is updated to the latest patch
by the way im talking trying to uninstall about 200 things here all at once, cause if i did it 4 by 4 and stuff it would take way too long.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by #SWAG
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
My problem is simpack files are stuffing up my game and when I try to uninstall them the uninstaller doesn't respond so I can't uninstall them!
I've searched the web like CRAZY! I'M LITERALLY ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!
The files have stopped my game from working!
AHHHHH

and yes my game is updated to the latest patch
by the way im talking trying to uninstall about 200 things here all at once, cause if i did it 4 by 4 and stuff it would take way too long.

200 things is more than the Launcher can handle. Have you tried doing a much smaller amount?
How do you know the files have stopped your game from working? What happened when the game stopped working? Would it load, did it crash. You really need to give a little more detail please.
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 4:45 AM
Help threads go to Help Forum, please.

You can't uninstall too many things from the launcher at once. 200 is way too many. I'm not sure how many is a good measure, but you'll need some patience on that.

Just call me Nikel
Space Pony
#4 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
You can't uninstall too many things from the launcher at once. 200 is way too many. I'm not sure how many is a good measure, but you'll need some patience on that.

Yes you can uninstall 200+ or more items with the launcher in one go. In my case it was my entire Downloads library consisting of several decrapified Store set items.

What the launcher can't handle is installing more than a hundred things at the same time (also affected by how good your computer is) but I've read that installing 100 items at one go is the safest largest number the launcher can handle.

At the OP:

Have you already tried deleting the DCCache folder?

According to this thread ---> http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lders_Explained

Quote:
If you delete them, ALL of your CC/Store item will be gone from your game (this does not include the houses/household/Sims/Worlds itself). Sometimes it's the best thing to do, if you have lots of corrupted stuff.