Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 6:00 PM Last edited by 4amMist : 27th Apr 2011 at 4:16 AM.
Default Parent CRES was not found - problems with new mesh
I am trying to make a new sculpture mesh, but I am having a problem. Every time I try to preview the mesh it comes up with an error that says "Parent CRES was not found. This means, that SimPE is unable to build joint hirarchy." And I've been trying to follow all the instructions people have given me. I've fixed the integrity, tried fixing the name ref, but it isn't working. I cloned the "My chi-sculpture form" which is from basegame.
After I save the new mesh(which has the CRES problem) I load it in the game, and it shows up as the original mesh that I cloned it from, rather than my new mesh. What is the problem?
I attached the package so people could take a look at it, if they want.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BeatStatue.rar (72.0 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 4:06 AM
I think the problem is that your clone has no GMND, so it is using the "sculptureChi_tslocator_gmnd" one instead. Also, I can see you've cloned with some non-default settings (amongst other things, you've got _anim resources in your file). Did you change the clone defaults to achieve something in particular, or was it accidental. If the latter, you can use the "Reset defaults" link in Object Workshop to make it clone correctly again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
I think the problem is that your clone has no GMND, so it is using the "sculptureChi_tslocator_gmnd" one instead. Also, I can see you've cloned with some non-default settings (amongst other things, you've got _anim resources in your file). Did you change the clone defaults to achieve something in particular, or was it accidental. If the latter, you can use the "Reset defaults" link in Object Workshop to make it clone correctly again.

Yeah, everything you said was right. ^_^ It was accidental, I didn't realize I messed anything up. O_o But, I got it to work. It seems to be working in game now. :D

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 2:25 PM
It's 'cause I'm psychic.

Glad you got it working!