Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 6:52 PM
Default Sims 2 Car Animation Problems, please help
Not sure were I messed up at, but I did it bad. The model shows up fine, but when my sim drives it, its like its not connected to the rest of the vehicle. The sim, windows, and wheels all move but the car just glitches onto the road then poof its gone.
The package file for the car is in the rar Here is a link that will show you the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRyxOKV9rpg
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sims2Mods.rar (2.02 MB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 12:31 AM
As for the car "disappearing" after it has exited the driveway, it's normal: the driveway is so close to the lot border that there's no room for a moving animation.

As for the other problem, I've noticed that when the sim opens the door, actually only the glass moves, and not the metal part. And then the entire exterior of the car looks not connected to the rest of the car.

I think that you have messed up the joints. Reopen the mesh in Milkshape and doublecheck that:
1) all the vertices supposed to be connected to a joint ARE actually connected to it;
2) there aren't any unassigned vertices.

You can also check the preview in SimPE: on the right you can click on each joint, and see in the preview window only the mesh part associated to that joint. Again, check if there is something wrong (like, you click on the left door joint and the preview shows only the glass and not the metal).

(Thread moved to the Repair Center)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 6:09 PM
ok I tried that and no sure WTF happened, the real left wheal was suck the the passenger door, and the body still doesnt move with the car. I thought I was sapost to link sfsc-body to surface but that maid things worse.So now I'm going to completely re do it. (I still got the model saved) And try agen, any tips?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 6:45 PM
A tip that is a little time-consuming, but in the long run spares you a lot of headaches.

Split each group into into sub-parts, each one related to one joint. For example, split the "surface" group into surface-leftdoor, surface-rightdoor and surface-main; then, assign to each joint the corresponding parts, e.g. assign to the "left door" joint the glass-leftdoor, the chrome-leftdoor, the surface-leftdoor etc.

Last step, still in Milkshape, regroup all the chrome into one group, all the surface into one group etc.

Double- and triple-check that the final names of the groups are exactly as the original ones!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.