Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 23
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#226 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:52 PM
So my understanding of this mod is that it doesnt actually add slots in CAS past the original 3, but it does allow you to add traits via cheats?
Test Subject
#227 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QiMakio
So my understanding of this mod is that it doesnt actually add slots in CAS past the original 3, but it does allow you to add traits via cheats?

That's the plan, Stan the Man. Grab, unzip, testingcheats true, and add/remove at leisure. I wish the CAS addon worked.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#228 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 6:28 PM
Also if you want to take the easy route, TwistedMexican has a testing cheats always on mod so you don't have to type anything at all
Test Subject
#229 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 8:56 PM
I am not sure about this but I thought I's ask. I have added Traits thru the menu and its allowed me to add MORE than the Trait file I downloaded allows. What gives?
Test Subject
#230 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:20 PM
I figured it out. The correct cheat is "traits.equip_trait LovesOutdoors" without the quotes. You have to turn script mods on, and unzip for it to work. It did not work without it unzipped.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#231 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:53 AM
I loved the mod before but as of the new Sims 4 updates there's some errors. I've updated the mods and no conflicts but it seems sims are waking up a few sim minutes after they go to sleep even if the energy need isn't filled. Thanks for your awesome contributions.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#232 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 3:37 PM
Hi. I have checked the mods with the xml files and in game. The More CAS Traits mods don't have any change in xml. The resources documents of Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod are not existing in the xml files any more but the mod's working in the game so no worries.
Test Subject
#233 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 12:28 AM
hey its not working with the new update
Test Subject
#234 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artistimistic
hey its not working with the new update

actually let me elaborate; the long handed way works. But the quick add menu does not work.
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:36 PM
this doesn't seem to work with custom traits
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#236 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:42 PM
Thanks very much !!!!! ^_____^
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:08 PM
The mod works, but, it affects Sims, that they don't get weather buffs or rather don't get freaked out in thunder and lightning and wet in the rain.
Field Researcher
#238 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Hi. I have checked the mods with the xml files and in game. The More CAS Traits mods don't have any change in xml. The resources documents of Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod are not existing in the xml files any more but the mod's working in the game so no worries.

... so does the "add traits in regular menu mod" no longer work because they don't exist in the xml files, or since this mod "adds" those xml, does it still work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#239 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 9:32 PM
Thank you so much for this! The menu to add traits works perfectly in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#240 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 11:48 PM
Which are we supposed to download?

"chingyu1023_Seasons_Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod.rar" was updated for Seasons, but there isn't a download available for "chingyu1023_More Traits Mod Updated for C&D patch.rar" that's updated since 14 Nov 2017. I thought this mod was just updated?

Help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get a working version again.
Lab Assistant
#241 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 8:52 PM Last edited by AyamePasse : 20th Oct 2018 at 3:07 AM.
For some reason, even the updated "Add Traits in Regular Menu" doesn't work. It can add lifetime reward traits and things like that, but CAS traits (even vanilla ones, such as Neat and Romantic) are not listed.

Edit: Got it figured, somehow the 'more traits' aspect of this mod got removed from my mods folder, so it wasn't listing cas traits because I already had the maximum 3. Added the mod back and now it works great. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#242 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:37 PM
Took me a little to figure out but now it works perfectly, thank you very much! Improves the game A LOT <3
Test Subject
#243 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:45 PM
This is not working at all for me. I did exactly what it says and tried both codes. What could be the issue? I need it for my cats. I hate wasting a trait on "loves cats" but if I don't add it they ignore my cats. So annoying....
Test Subject
#244 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ClearaMorph
The mod works, but, it affects Sims, that they don't get weather buffs or rather don't get freaked out in thunder and lightning and wet in the rain.

This is happening for me too Any chance that you can take a look?

Thank you very much, this is a must in my Sim game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#245 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 11:07 AM
Am i missing something here?

I added the mod to my "mods" folder but all the NPCs still only have 3 traits. Do i have to manually add traits to each NPC one by one myself? Or does this mod automatically fill NPC's traits up to my selected option?
Test Subject
#246 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 11:09 AM
Just to clarify, i understand that i have to use cheats to add them to my active sims, but what about non-active sims/npcs? Do they autofill traits like the Sims3 mod does or do I have to edit each individual NPC one at a time to get them up to say 20 traits?
Scholar
#247 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:13 AM
This mod(s) survived the 2018 November 13's update.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#248 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 9:20 PM
Do you think it'd be possible to add multiple traits at one time instead of going through the menu for ever single new trait? Like, have check boxes besides the traits and we can tick all the ones we want a sim to have and they save accordingly?
Instructor
#249 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
This mod(s) survived the 2018 November 13's update.

Oh it has? I noticed that when leaving this mod permanently in game, that my Sims stand idle a lot. Once taking it out, everything is back to normal.
Scholar
#250 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Oh it has? I noticed that when leaving this mod permanently in game, that my Sims stand idle a lot. Once taking it out, everything is back to normal.

And you use only this mod and have removed cashe files?
Page 10 of 23