Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 2:17 PM
Default s4pe - could not find a resource handler error
Hello all. I haven't updated my s4pe since summer of 2014. Today I downloaded s4pe.0.3.c and set it as the default for package files. I opened a package file, and for every item selected in the left window, instead of seeing what's in it on the right side, I get this error, about the s4pi wrapper. The package file is not in the Sims 4 mods folder. It's just in a random folder where I work on mods.

I downloaded the zip version of s4pe, not the executable.

Any help with this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 2:25 PM
Edit: executable version, when installed, works. I'll leave this thread for anyone else who tries to run s4pe by simply creating a folder and unzipping. It doesn't work. Download the exe and install s4pe.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 2:42 PM
This kind of thing is what tends to happen if you unpack the zipped version of s4pe using any other unarchiver than 7zip . With other unzippers, s4pe's code gets messed up during the unzipping process and it does that thing of displaying errors on the right hand pane when you click on resources. Try unpacking it with 7zip (autolink is in the name) and see if that solves the problem.