Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 7:28 AM
Default How to export sims 3 houses to a model format?
Hi, I want to export Sims 3 houses and or a whole lot that I've made to like 3ds max or blender model format and edit them there. Can this be done. If so could someone tell me step by step how to do this? Thanks
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 8:28 AM
Don't think there's any easy/good way of doing that. You might be able to put the lot in a tiny, empty world and then use a program like 3D Ripper DX to rip it to a raw 3D file. Putting it in a tiny, empty neighborhood is not just a good suggestion but essential - if you fail to do so, the file will be so bloated by including THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD EVER that it will be unusable. I know it works okay on sims in CAS so it's compatible with TS3.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 9:26 AM
How could you use 3d ripper DX the game requires a launcher to start and 3d Ripper Dx cant work from a launcher, monitoring wont work for me I'm on win7 64 bit. And how about just exporting the house instead of the whole lot could that be done?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:43 PM
You bypass the launcher by using this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe ... run that and it runs your game, no Launcher. You can input that into 3D Ripper DX.

I know of no way to selectively export, which is why I also mentioned doing it in a tiny, empty world. If it's being rendered, it gets exported in 3D Ripper DX, so it doesn't matter that you're looking at one house, it gives you the whole world. I was unable to get any useful files doing it that way, because they end up so huge, but it should work fine if you can find/make a small, featureless world with a single lot on it, with your house on the lot. Then you can trim away the excess and do whatever it is you want to do with it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 11:27 PM
I have the steam version, for some reason that one wont launch, the game requires the launcher. But I also have access to download from origin, do you think that might be different?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cj31387
I have the steam version, for some reason that one wont launch, the game requires the launcher. But I also have access to download from origin, do you think that might be different?

Sorry to bring up a old topic, but I was just playing the Sims 3 again and realized its all DLC and seems like it doesn't support modding so the exporting ability is not there because of dlcs.

So, If i get The Sims 2, Could I make a building and export the building with a mod tool (Furniture Included too) The whole lot to 3ds max or Maya or something?