Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 3:44 PM
Default Fruit trees/garden plants in build mode
Hi everyone, I've searched and searched both this forum and MATY to no avail, so I hope you'll forgive my searching failure since I'm pretty certain this is a solved issue.

After installing WA, I managed to break every single garden plant and fruit tree in the entire neighborhood, by putting back in one too many game mods. After I removed the offending mod, new garden plants and fruit trees on my Sim's lot worked as they should, but all others had disappeared. I stupidly had not made a backup.

After bulldozing Central Park and placing a fresh copy of same in the same location, the fruit trees there were completely fine. I know there were at least half a dozen lots elsewhere that had fruit trees and garden plants, though.

Of course I could do the exact same thing as I did with Central Park, but my preference would be to enter Edit Town mode, unlock all fruit trees and garden plants somehow, and add them in certain lots around town. If I'm lucky, I can even replace the long-since-dead Death Flower plant in the cemetery, and maybe even put a Money Tree somewhere.

I know something like this must be possible since I've downloaded lots from this website that have garden plants and fruit trees on them, even Perfect Quality ones -- unless they were placed there by first having a Sim with high gardening skill raise them, then moving the Sim out and packaging the lot.

If not, I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 11:07 PM
I believe most people put plants on their lots exactly like you say – by having a sim plant them.

I believe the easiest way to restore all of the community lots (or unused residential lots, too) to their original state would be to make a new game with the same map, copy all the comm lots to the bin, and replace the ones in your actual neighbourhood with those copies.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:19 AM
with WA you can place copies of plants but they will only be normal quality ones. just do the following

Quote:
Works on residential and commercial
1. Ctrl-C
2. testingcheatsenabled true
3. go into buy mode
4. Ctrl-C
5. buydebug
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:50 PM
Perfect, that was exactly what I needed. Normal quality is just fine as I only wanted to dot the landscape with some fruit trees and garden plants. I was even able to replace the dead Death Flower plant in the cemetery as I said, along with the other rare/special plants.

Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 11:14 AM
Ok, I have a question concerning this: every time I plants something (e. g. life fruits) with buydebug on a community lot, the plants a gone when I put the lot into my library and place it again... only a pile of dirt is left. Is that normal? How can I make them stay? (I do not use any mods or downloads.)

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)