Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 2:42 PM
The Sims 3 final game sequel?
I’ve heard that The Sims 3 is the final game sequel and that there will be no Sims 4 or any other.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 5:52 PM
Really ? It's don't seem logic for EA at first view. :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H6FONi
I’ve heard that The Sims 3 is the final game sequel and that there will be no Sims 4 or any other.

PLEASE! When they are first going to make a Sims 3 why not make a sims 4,5,6,7 too?
Do you have any source???
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 10:19 PM
I think that its too early for anyone to tell, and way too early for any trustworthy source to ahve said so.
Thinka bout it, EA has sold 100million sims games. At ~$30 each, thats 3billion dollars. Why would they decide to stop maing them in four years if they have no reason to think that what will fill those 4 years (TS3) will be a flop? I'm not buying it (referring to belief, not money, lol)

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 10:39 PM
Very unlikely. At most they might start calling them something else.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:39 AM
What a load of rubbish, no source or nothing just someones opinion.

It will probably happen if the Sims3 sold poorly which is extremely unlikely.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:45 AM
I doubt it's the last sequel. From what we've seen before, EAxis is more than capable of introducing new features into a new sequel or EP. What more they add in TS4 or TS5--that's completely up to them. And what may be missing from TS3 or TS2 is what might come up in The Sims' future sequels.

So--no, don't expect The Sims to end in 3. They were able to do that with SimCity--I expect them to do better with The Sims.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 3:22 AM
And the poster hasn't even returned to the discussion, at least an answer to our doubts or provide a source. Sorry, but I'm not falling for it. Probably just wanted to create a thread for attention with something "shocking." Right, right.
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 1:44 PM
Last Sequel you have to be kidding me, they make too much money off of this for it to be the last sequel, and I have a feeling that those that say they aren't going to buy the game most likely will, because The sims 3 is going to be probably about 2 times better then the sims 2, and with CC this game is going to be AMAZING, but back to the subject, I can see more sims in the future!! Plus why would you stop something that is doing so well?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 1:57 PM
Yeaaaah... considering that the Sims franchise is the most successful game series of all time, they certainly wouldn't want to keep milking that giant cash cow. EA's not at all about money, of course - they hate making fat stacks of cash off successful and well-loved games.

This forum -is- for wild speculation, but something like this needs actual evidence - and considering that -no official word to this effect- has been released, I'm calling shenanigans. Evidence is required in a situation like this - like links to news articles, EA employee interviews, -something- other than "I've heard it."

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 12:57 AM
HP - Agree with you on that one. Stranger thing is, the poster hasn't returned to the thread. So, can we lock this thread? Unless there's evidence to prove it's the last sequel. But still, I'm hoping it isn't.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 1:35 AM
Yeppp I fully intend on buying The Sims 182. ;] Like everyone else, I seriously doubt this is the end. Especially with no proof.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 2:50 AM
That was why I had this report this as spam since no one did the last time when Delphy had to lock the other spam thread in the Sims 3 forum, because I wasn't really sure and with the poster not even returning it seemed a bit suspicious. But of course I can be wrong and that is fine.
Locked thread