Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 10:20 AM
Default Locations of Distant Terrain
I am experimenting with making my own distant terrain. Thanks to some earlier contributions here, I was able to find the Riverview distant terrain. Does anyone have an idea of where the Sunset Valley and Bridgeport distant terrains are located, either as a separate package or as a resource.

What I would like to do is cut and paste some of these custom terrains together to create my own unique terrain for a world I am working on. I am too lazy to start from scratch and don't see much point in reinventng the wheel.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 11:01 AM
I use S3PE to extract the files out of the "FullBuilds" Located in Programs/Electronic Arts/ Sims 3/ GameData/Shared/Packages. I think you can find most of the objects, including the Sunset Valley DT in FullBuild2 package. The other Fullbuilds, with the other DT's will be in their respective EP folders.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 11:55 AM
Even easier - clone them in s3oc! Listed as TerrainDistant, terrainDistantChina etc.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 7:17 PM
Thanks! I looked in the object cloner before I posted, but was looking under things like "distant terrain" or "china." I never thought of transposing: terrain distant.

So I am off to working on my experimental mash up of distant terrains!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Even easier - clone them in s3oc! Listed as TerrainDistant, terrainDistantChina etc.

You mean to say I've been doing it the hard way all this time?
#6 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 9:16 PM
S3OC has a way you can search for text now, so if you're stuck finding something in the plain list, you can search for, say "terrain" and it will filter.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:39 AM
I am interested in Riverview's DT, though, because iirc it's part of the world. It would be nice if we could do similar things, and make the DT install with the world itself.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
#8 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:15 AM
I thought the distant terrain was always part of a world? I made a world with distant terrain and it installs with the world?

Retired
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:15 AM
With a custom one? Perhaps they are packaged with the world. I didn't realise.

#10 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:25 AM
Hmm no... it was the sunset valley one. Did you add it in CAW like a normal distant terrain?

Retired
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:29 AM
Oh, well that's different. Those are all just pre-installed objects like any other. Riverview's Distant Terrain is actually packaged into the world itself, hence why simsample had to extract it.

I'm actually stewing over getting some help for a custom - from scratch - DT for an upcoming world, and it's always MUCH easier to get testers for worlds if they don't have to install anything additional.

#12 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:51 AM
Hehe I have had an idea - gonna post in site suggestions..

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:39 PM
*Offtopic, sorry!

@kiwi_tea- Kiwi, could you please take a look at this and tell us if you're getting this problem? Thanks!
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5&goto=lastpost

@Inge- what Kiwi meant about the DT being part of the world is that, when you install Riverview, some of the content is installed to the DCCache, but some is part of the .World file itself. So you can't use it in game unless you are either playing Riverview, or make a clone of the item.