Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#51 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:24 PM
Once I had some admin privs at the database but seemed to randomly lose them after a few months. I am also asking him what happened there.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:27 PM
oh thanks for this good news, I hope it will be back on monday
Instructor
#53 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 3:19 PM
That's great news!
Thanks Inge!
Scholar
#54 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VoVillia
Where would I find a tool that can help with preventing GUIDs from clashing?
SimPE has a tool to check for duplicate GUID's. Use the Scan Folders option under Tools. Then tick the GUID option and the recursive option. Then click the scan option.

Screenshots
Scholar
#55 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:01 PM
Good to hear about the GUID database since I just got a shiny new PC and started whacking away at learning to mesh again .
Instructor
#56 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
Simpe has a tool to check for duplicate GUID's. Use the Scan Folders option under Tools. Then tick the GUID option and the recursive option. Then click the scan option.

Thanks, rebecah!
I never knew that SimPE has such a neat tool for that :D
Test Subject
#57 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 5:58 PM
This is fantastic news! Thanks Inge
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:35 PM
I just checked the SimPE Site and it is up! Horraay!!!

Inge please pass our thanks and delight on to Qaxi.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Instructor
#59 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 2:54 AM
OMG it is!

Please send Qaxi my thanks :D
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:40 AM Last edited by eefje00704 : 10th Jan 2011 at 8:56 AM.
Oh fabulous! Thank you Inge! Does anyone know if adding a new block is possible again as well?
Not actually evil.
#61 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:21 AM
Inge, Mootilda, thank you for the info. Glad to hear the site is back up, since I do still visit and post questions there. Thanks much to all who maintain it!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:18 AM
Default Still problems with SimPE ?
Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
I just checked the SimPE Site and it is up! Horraay!!!

Inge please pass our thanks and delight on to Qaxi.

I just tried to make my first new mesh after SimPE is back on track. I found out that when I asked for next GUID it pointed at a wrong GUID block - to be more specific: the right number in the last 2 characters, but the wrong GUID block in the first 6 characters. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Kind regards, Helle
#63 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:34 AM
I still can't get Quaxi to fix my admin access to the database, so if something's not working right it's gonna stay not working right. I've done all I can now.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 12:34 PM
Oh, I am sorry.
I didn't mean to ask you to fix it - you have helped so much already. I wanted to warn all of you because we will have a GUID mess very soon if it is a general error.

Kind regards, Helle
#65 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 12:38 PM
I know you weren't criticising, it was just the right time for me to let people know I can't predict any improvement on the current situation

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#66 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 5:26 PM
Thank you Quaxi, Inge and Echo!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#67 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 5:33 PM
So, are we able to register new blocks now or still no?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#68 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 11:07 PM
It's up right now. (as of 4:11 pm Mountain time Feb 16, 2011) - Grab your next block.
Page 3 of 3