Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Northeney

by Norn Posted 27th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM - Updated 16th Nov 2023 at 4:02 PM by Norn : Updated RH links (again)

174 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:17 AM
Hi, @meowool, The world comes with custom weather, so there are occasions (depending on time and weather) where the sea may look black in map view. Now, if you don't have seasons EP I actually don't know how the game treats the custom weather files. It seems that it reads only a small part of it... Please let me know if it stays black after saving and reloading the game and if it looks black during play (I understand it only looks black from map view).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 5:26 PM
Hello, Norn!

I'm in love whit this beautiful world but i noticed that Misty’s rabbithole rugs is deleted.
Should it work whitout Mitsy's rugs ?

Thank you and sorry for my English.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:19 PM
Hello Dorottya8!

Happy to hear you like Northeney Don't worry about your English, I'm no native speaker either. What do you mean, the rugs are deleted? Are they missing from the world? Or do you mean the downloads don't work anymore?

I just tried the download links and they worked fine for me:
The rugs for bistro and equestrian centre can be found at the Naughty Sims Asylum (reqistration required) :
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...abbit-hole-rug/
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...abbit-hole-rug/
The resort rug can be found at Misty's page simsl3gacies (it's called Island Paradise Rabbit Hole Rug): http://simsl3gacies.com/downloads/

If they are missing from the world, maybe you have a different version installed (there are several available). Just place your own version then. Let me know if any of this helped you with your question!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:04 PM
Hi Norn!

Yeah i was stupid!
I didn't noticed i need to regist and i only saw the " Sorry, You do not have permission to view this content." I tought it maybe a broken link or something like that.
But now i can finnaly try your wonderful world !

Much love!
Field Researcher
#80 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:26 PM
Do you think there will ever come a time when you successfully add inhabitants to the World, as opposed to a mandatory saved game?

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TurtleShroom
Do you think there will ever come a time when you successfully add inhabitants to the World, as opposed to a mandatory saved game?

@TurtleShroom Not sure if this is a general question or if you want to know if there will be a populated version of Northeney? Generally it is possible to populate worlds. I didn't go that way for Northeney because the save allows me to do more - add ghosts to the graveyard, give the sims more details, rename RH rugs and other things. So, for Northeney I can say - no, this is not going to happen. Sorry! Are there any specific reasons why you don't want to try the saved game if you want Sims in the world?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:13 PM
I absolutely adore this neighborhood! It's perfect for my current legacy family. I love exploring and taking pics here! Great job! :D
Test Subject
#83 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 11:38 AM
Hi ! I've got a little problem (sorry for my english ) I downloaded the Northeney neighborhood ,then I installed with your save.
First, I wanted to move in my own household,and the game stayed between the live mode and the "city editor(?)" Mode. It didn't freeze actually ,I could use the camera options.
After all this I updated my game from 1.62 to 1.67 version,so I could go and play with the basic households.
But if I want to move in my own household it's just loading forever. And I can wait forever ,it will change nothing.
I don't have 3 expansion pack : Into the future,island paradise and showtime. Then, what's wrong with this cute and perfect game? I fallen in love with this neighborhood and i don't want drop it out :/
Thanks for the help ! ><
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 1:49 PM
Hi @YumeChama, I'm sorry to hear you have so much trouble - I sent you a private message (which you should find when you click on the little envelope item right next to your name in the navigation bar at the top of the page).
Instructor
#85 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 11:27 PM
Hi Norn,

Sorry to trouble you again. I would like to edit the festival lot on Seaberry Trail to add the TS3 Store's fortune teller's table to one of the cubicles behind the concession stand. However, I cannot find the seasonal marker on the lot, even with buydebug enabled. Would you mind pointing me to its location?

Thanks again for this awesome world. It's so much fun to set the camera to follow an active sim and just sit back to gawk at the scenery.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#86 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:08 AM
Hi Butterbot,

no bother at all, I'm very happy to hear you are still enjoying the world. The marker is located at the back of the lot ("North"), between stage and pond, right next to the birch tree. After you enabled buydebug you will have to switch the catalogues, e.g. from build to buy mode or vice versa before it appears. Hope this helps!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#87 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 10:17 PM
Got it; thanks for your help!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 7:38 PM
I have Norton Security installed and had no problem installing this amazing world. I saved and quit my game in order to come here and comment. The World is trouble free for me and I do recommend starting with the offered Saved game, then rename it when ready. The world is so well done, lots of unexpected surprises in the town and with the town's people. I can see why it took a couple years to put together. Well worth it. Looking for something a little different? This is it. SO SO well done. Bravo!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 7:45 PM
Looseal, I'm very happy to hear that you could make it work in the end! Enjoy your time on the island
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 1st May 2018 at 8:41 PM
This is awesome! Such a beautiful world and so much detail!
Instructor
#91 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:04 AM
Hi Norn!

I just noticed that an object on the beach has been replaced by my game, probably because it's from Late Night. It looks like some kind of partition or fence, although I don't recognize it as one of the Build Mode fences that came with LN. I've attached some screenshots. If you could let me know what that object is so that it can be extracted for my game, that would be great!

Thanks again for everything.
Screenshots

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#92 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:41 PM
Hi Butterbot, That item is from Late Night and is called sculptureFloorDiveDivider. Hope that helps and you're very welcome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:02 AM
i love this mod thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:49 PM
It's absolutely perfect!!! Thank you so much for sharing! No lags, no crashes. Beautiful landscaping <3
Field Researcher
#95 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:02 PM
I'd been putting off WA, ITF and Showtime as they were the least appealing EPs to me, but seeing how stunning this world is just ensured I'll be nabbing them in the next Steam sale! Can't wait to move my Sim there, even if she has to give up her beloved Ford Anglia.

Spectacular work! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 7:08 PM
Absolutely outstanding. Thank you!
Test Subject
#97 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 1:46 AM
Hi Norn, this world is awesome and I want this world to be mine first after returning to the Sims 3 after years.
One question - is there any career impossible to pursue because of lack of roads?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 6:34 AM
Yay for another simmer coming back! Hope you will enjoy Northeney. To answer your question: Most careers are available. Military, police, movie set and ITF careers are not available as the required Rabbitholes are missing. All other basegame careers are available, as are the Ambitions and Supernatural ones. But you can add other rabbithole rugs or replace existing ones. The lack of roads doesn't matter much in this regard.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:14 PM
Grandiosa idea de no incluir vehículos. Me encanta como opción!
Test Subject
#100 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 7:36 PM
I recently started playing Sims 3 again after getting a laptop with a good video card and I wanted to take full advantage of the graphics with a new world, so I can't wait to try this out! I was just wondering though, is it possible to use the Galaxa Space Car (Alien spaceship) in this world?
Page 4 of 7