Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#17201 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:34 PM
Sadly, swapping between two hood folders has been the only workable option - I just rename them so the game doesn't read the 'off' one at any given moment. The system has worked well for some time now, until that last reinstall apparently!

My mileage with the UC AGS has been pretty spotty. If I try to make a second anygame, the whole thing stops working and I have to reinstall it. Also, cannot load my full game with AGS installed, or things break. And a number of other weirdnesses which I am still hoping to figure out how to avoid, like extra Mydocs and so on.

Little more info - even making a new hood in-game is not working. I can make one, enter it and place lots. Seems fine, but on going back to the menu, the hood thumbnail is completely wrong - some desert hood, prob a maxis one (?). And then the hood is missing after reloading the game. Weird that I can see that one custom hood but nothing else. Something has got corrupted.

Sounds like I will have to reinstall the AGS yet again. Tedious, but fortunately fairly quick, and all the needed content is ready to be dumped in each time. By now I've had lots of practice! Thanks for your input, Joandsarah, it helps narrow down the options.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#17202 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:08 AM Last edited by omglo : 1st Feb 2019 at 12:46 AM.
How can I stop a Sim from turning off the TV? I'm trying to test a custom movie, but the tester Sim does not want to watch TV and he keeps shutting it off. I've drained his fun and turned off free will, but neither helps. Alternately, does anyone know if putting a custom video in the TVMovie folder will overwrite the original movie? I've put a video in the folder for the werewolf movie, and I want to know if the werewolf movie will be overwritten.

ETA: The answer is that putting a video in that folder overwrites the original movie.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17203 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Sadly, swapping between two hood folders has been the only workable option - I just rename them so the game doesn't read the 'off' one at any given moment. The system has worked well for some time now, until that last reinstall apparently!

My mileage with the UC AGS has been pretty spotty. If I try to make a second anygame, the whole thing stops working and I have to reinstall it. Also, cannot load my full game with AGS installed, or things break. And a number of other weirdnesses which I am still hoping to figure out how to avoid, like extra Mydocs and so on.

Little more info - even making a new hood in-game is not working. I can make one, enter it and place lots. Seems fine, but on going back to the menu, the hood thumbnail is completely wrong - some desert hood, prob a maxis one (?). And then the hood is missing after reloading the game. Weird that I can see that one custom hood but nothing else. Something has got corrupted.

Sounds like I will have to reinstall the AGS yet again. Tedious, but fortunately fairly quick, and all the needed content is ready to be dumped in each time. By now I've had lots of practice! Thanks for your input, Joandsarah, it helps narrow down the options.

On my old computer, I had AGS work well when it was installed on my C drive and my real game installed on my D drive. So if you have 2 drives, try that, each one installed on a different drive.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17204 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:00 AM
A vampire spawned on a Community lot but his eyes aren't red, they're brown. How do I fix that?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17205 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:18 AM
You probably have a default in without knowing it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17206 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:21 AM
I have "Leh+Remi (Maxis) - Vampire (no overlay) eyes" from here which are red: https://remisims.livejournal.com/118367.html
I use Lilith Marigold Skinblend for the Vampire skin, in case that helps?

I still don't get why his eyes are brown and not red..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17207 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 3:39 AM
And you are sure no other default? That's the only reason I can think of.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17208 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 3:47 AM
I have my eyes and skins in separate folders to everything else. I checked other folders just in case and they're all fine, no duplicate default eyes. It doesn't bother me to the point where the game is unplayable so I'll just live with it, haha. :P
Alchemist
#17209 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 10:53 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 1st Feb 2019 at 12:57 PM.
Default OMSP for desk items?
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I have my eyes and skins in separate folders to everything else. I checked other folders just in case and they're all fine, no duplicate default eyes. It doesn't bother me to the point where the game is unplayable so I'll just live with it, haha. :P

Did you try changing just his eyes with SimSurgery?

QUESTION: I need to place a computer on an OMSP to put it on a non-desk and am not able to. Is there an OMSP for items like the computers that need a desk?
Alchemist
#17210 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 1:11 PM
I can't recall an OMSP for desks/computers, only the one on MTS that lets you put desks on island counters.

ETA: http://modthesims.info/d/550234

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#17211 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 5:33 PM
I'll try that when he next spawns on a community lot, thanks Sunrader!!

New question: I just "End Services" with the Capp's butler because he just stood around and did nothing whenever he got to the house. He will interact with Sims and then do his job but otherwise, he won't do anything but stand still and do nothing. Nanny's also do the same sometimes. Does this happen to anyone else?
Alchemist
#17212 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I can't recall an OMSP for desks/computers, only the one on MTS that lets you put desks on island counters.

ETA: http://modthesims.info/d/550234

Yes, thank you, that doesn't work because the desk can't be raised as far as I can tell.
Scholar
#17213 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 8:07 PM
Okay, serious problem (I think)in my Uberhood right now..

My Sims keep losing their plumbobs for 1 second and then refreshing their portraits every sim-second. They stand doing nothing and then jolt, lose their plumbobs and then the portrait refreshes and repeats constantly unless I tell them to do something. This has happened on 3 lots now. What does this mean? (I'm hoping it isn't corruption!!)
Mad Poster
#17214 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 8:14 PM
That sounds like a jump bug, which is usually a mod problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17215 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 8:42 PM
If it's not happening when you tell them to do something, the issue might be with a bugged autonomous action. Do the usual troubleshooting stuff, hopefully you can avoid a 50/50.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#17216 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 8:53 PM
Posting hoodchecker and HCDU results would be more of a Help forum thing, I think.
Bear in mind that Hoodchecker is only able to clean up certain kinds of junk in the data, and the HCDU is only able to detect certain kinds of conflicts. Sometimes they can shortcut your process, but just because they don't find the problem doesn't mean that the problem isn't junk data or a conflict.
Remember that something doesn't have to make sense at a human level to be true at the coding level. The only way to eliminate the possibility of a mod conflict is to test without any mods and find the same problem.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#17217 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Okay, serious problem (I think)in my Uberhood right now..

My Sims keep losing their plumbobs for 1 second and then refreshing their portraits every sim-second. They stand doing nothing and then jolt, lose their plumbobs and then the portrait refreshes and repeats constantly unless I tell them to do something. This has happened on 3 lots now. What does this mean? (I'm hoping it isn't corruption!!)

Checking the error log can sometimes save you some time because it can sometimes tell you which object is causing an issue. People can tell you over in help if you need it.
Top Secret Researcher
#17218 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 1:46 AM
Is there any way to move clothes from one household to another? With SimPE maybe? I tried taking the wardrobe with them in the inventory when moving out but that didn't work.
I really can't go through all that clothes shopping again
Alchemist
#17219 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 1:58 AM
@Fyren5, I can't be 100% sure, but it sounds like your sims are experiencing a jump bug. At least, that's what happens in my game when I get a jump bug--sims are seemingly doing nothing, but they "jump" and their portraits refresh whenever they try to do something autonomously.

Turn on testing cheats and then replay the affected sims. Hopefully the game manages to produce an error log instead of crashing, and you can use that to figure out what the problem is. In my experience, jump bugs nowadays are usually caused by a mod conflict.

ETA: Pideli, I remembering trying to look into this a little while ago and I came up empty. There's a mod that lets you copy the clothes a sim is currently wearing, but... that seems to be it. It seems sims only take their wardrobe if they are the last sim in the household. It's super frustrating, so if you find anything, be sure to tell us!

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Scholar
#17220 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 2:01 AM
I turned on boolprop and got an error straight away. I posted in Help section about it for help. It hasn't happened since but my game did crash on a different household but I think that was because I hadn't closed and opened the game in a while.

Thanks @Phantomknight
Mad Poster
#17221 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Is there any way to move clothes from one household to another? With SimPE maybe? I tried taking the wardrobe with them in the inventory when moving out but that didn't work.
I really can't go through all that clothes shopping again

If you move the entire household, they'll take all their clothes. If you only move part of it, they'll only take what they're wearing.
I don't know of a mod that changes this, but if you want the entire wardrobe a vanilla dodge would be: move all but one of the household in with the mover, then move them back. They'll leave their clothes behind, and the same clothes will be waiting for them in the original household, kept by the one who didn't move.

Sims moving from college to the main hood presumably follow those rules; but since they're now adults rather an YAs, any YA clothes would be left behind. You can enable other ages when buying clothes in a University subhood, and I keep meaning to test whether they'll take adult clothes purchased before graduation along with them and forgetting.

Alchemist
#17222 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 3:09 AM
I'm not sure I follow that Peni. Are you saying I would have to use something like the stay things shrub to move everyone out with the mover and then return them back to their old home?

To give an example of where I have this problem, my Lilith was living at home for a while before she finally decided to move out on her own. When she moved out, she did not take her clothes. In order to do so, I'd have to move the entire rest of the Pleasant family with her, right? Then move the rest of them back to their old home?

Also, no, sims do not take their clothes with them upon leaving uni, unfortunately. I have a few clothes that are YA and adult enabled, but my sims have to re-buy everything after they move back home, out of the uni hood. If they are moving to a new household, they never seem to have any clothes except the ones the they grew up in.

Mad Poster
#17223 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 3:16 AM
One sim moves out, she takes only the clothes she's wearing (or, you know, set up to wear in the correct circumstances).
Two sims move out, you get two sets of clothes. Three sims move out, three, and so on.

You have an eight person household. Move out seven - you'll have seven full outfits in the new household.
Move six of those back home - the one left in the new household will still have all seven outfits. All the clothes ever bought by the original household will still be there. You can then change outfits and send six of the eight back and forth as many times as necessary to move everything you want the only real mover to have. Cumbersome - especially if you've bought a lot of clothes and/or have multiple age stages you want to move; but it should do the job.

Alchemist
#17224 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 3:20 AM
Oooooohhh. I see now. Yeah, that's doable, especially if I don't remember what clothes my sims bought. But for most cases, I think I'll just use the hacked coat rack to re-buy the things they had. It's about the same amount of tediousness.

Mad Poster
#17225 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Oooooohhh. I see now. Yeah, that's doable, especially if I don't remember what clothes my sims bought. But for most cases, I think I'll just use the hacked coat rack to re-buy the things they had. It's about the same amount of tediousness.

"Gussy-Up" might be a bit quicker. It doesn't charge for anything and it will automatically go through all the clothing categories. Normally I find this annoying, but in your case it might be an advantage.

http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...y-internet-died
Page 689 of 1339