Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@dinadine
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Shop%20For%20Clothes ? This mod just does that: removes "Plan outfit" interaction and makes clothing racks functional to purchase new clothes. Then I assume you change into those clothes through "Change into ..." command.

Maybe we are saying the same thing in sims 2 i could go to the store buy a shirt and two pair of pants and that was all in my " closet i didn't have to go thru all the clothes i the game all i had to do was switch them around....like your closet at home...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:54 PM
I just thought of a mod I would love to have in 3 - I love big band music, and I think it'd be awesome to be able to have that in the game - I know there's some modded content for it , poseboxes and CC, but to really have that ability to have the Glenn Miller or Benny Goodman experience in the game.. that'd be wicked awesome.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Mad Poster
#103 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dinadine
Maybe we are saying the same thing in sims 2 i could go to the store buy a shirt and two pair of pants and that was all in my " closet i didn't have to go thru all the clothes i the game all i had to do was switch them around....like your closet at home...

That's the one. This mod exists, the one I linked.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That's the one. This mod exists, the one I linked.

Except that NRAAS just moved to a new site so your link is no good any more. Here's the updated link.
https://www.nraas.net/community/Shop-For-Clothes
Scholar
#105 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 3:24 AM
My sim was handing out goodies to two young trick or treaters, even as two others were busily egging her house. I wouldn't have minded so much, but it was Snowflake Day! So if some kindly modder had come up with something that restricted Trick or Treat and all related activities to Spooky Day, my Sims and I would have been profoundly grateful.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#106 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 6:01 PM
Honestly, I wish there was some random things happening to your Sims during their different life stages.
Teen : periods (yes, the freakin' periods during teenage where you either bleed or something else).
Adults : Injuries, when you work or do something, Sims might get injured and HAVE to heal as soon as they can.

Also, another mod idea is to make the AI more than "Here to ONLY keep ur Sim alive". Seriously, that's annoying and too basic. I would like the AI to sometimes call a Sim of yours and invite him-her somewhere. A friend of yours comes at home and "Oh hey, nice surprise there!".

More relationship-related actions and events.
Alchemist
#107 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:09 AM
Glanced at a Sims 4 thread, and now I really want a mod that makes it so that when you're robbed, the burglar also gets a chance of stealing a percentage of your household funds
Anyone know if anything like this exists?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#108 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 10:38 AM
I want a mod where people greet each other differently based on relationship. Really annoys me when you're best friends but still greet with a handshake like tf.
Forum Resident
#109 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trylk248
Honestly, I wish there was some random things happening to your Sims during their different life stages.
Teen : periods (yes, the freakin' periods during teenage where you either bleed or something else).
Adults : Injuries, when you work or do something, Sims might get injured and HAVE to heal as soon as they can.

Also, another mod idea is to make the AI more than "Here to ONLY keep ur Sim alive". Seriously, that's annoying and too basic. I would like the AI to sometimes call a Sim of yours and invite him-her somewhere. A friend of yours comes at home and "Oh hey, nice surprise there!".

Too bad some don't even realize how deep the A.I. is in TS3. But I'm having so much fun discovering all kinds of possibilities within the learning A.I. algorithm. I must say and cannot stress enough that I am truly impressed by Richard Evans work. My overanalytical, perceptive and intelligent nature makes it easy to see that TS3 is so much more than meets the eye. Do you really think those dream, speech and thought bubble icons mean nothing more beyond its initial function? It's symbolic imagery or I suppose known as semiotics. Sims really do have actual conversations and it can be understood if you know how to accurately interpret the symbolism. If you research and understand the kind of work Richard Evans has done, you'll know it is indeed true that TS3 has the best A.I. for a triple A game (Editor's Pick) and is quite phenomenal.
http://aigamedev.com/open/editorial...awards-results/
https://www.gdcvault.com/play/10124...nalities-in-The
https://versu.com/

Though, I see what you are saying about wanting to further imitate life in a video game about humans and life.

===

What if there was a feature to be able to change the UI color using the color wheel, color swatches, RGB or Hex and be able to color each section differently? And also be able to color the text.
Site Helper
#110 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 8:53 PM
I would really like to see more of a relationship between what the sim says they want and what they actually do. Especially if all of those wishes were promised.

A sim who wants to go fishing should not pull out a book once they are at a fishing site. A sim who wants to visit the art gallery shouldn't head across the street to the gym once they get there. A sim who wants to eat macaroni and cheese should not autonomously cook spaghetti. A sim who wants to become best friends with someone shouldn't start picking fights with that person unless they have a trait which would imply that they have absolutely no social awareness at all. A sim who wants to play guitar at the park should not autonomously pull out a drum set that you thought they had left at home. And a sim who hates the outdoors should not keep trying to roll wants to go on vacation to Egypt after going there once and discovering that the base camp is nothing more than a set of tents set up outside with a latrine and kitchen setup nearby.

The current wish system is nothing more than a way to get points for your sim, and has nothing to do with the sim's nature at all. I wish It did, and that you could fine-tune their nature by the nature of the wishes you promise or delete.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#111 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
A mod I've always wanted: a randomizer for clothing. Both item and pattern.

YES! This! With everyone aging up all the time and having randomized clothing, I want to be able to go into CAS and click the randomize button a few times until I find something suitable, instead of picking out outfits myself for every single sim.
Test Subject
#112 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trylk248

KW has the period mod in it along with other..um features
Mad Poster
#113 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
No parties before work mod. My game play has turned into a battle of wills lately.

Sims rolls out of bed at 5:30 AM, showers, eats, brushes teeth, ect... 15 minutes before said sim is supposed to leave, he whips out his phone and and I'm tossed into the "Choose destination" screen. I shake my head, cancel action, go back to sim and send him to work. A day or two later, rinse, wash, repeat. The weekend rolls around when there is plenty of time to throw a party and to send me off to screens that I rarely see and...nothing. No party shenanigans to be had until the following Monday. [/IMG]

I haven't tried scheduling a party for the weekend during the week. This might put a end to this game of cat and mouse, but all things considered, I'm not completely convinced of that.

Sounds to me like you have SP Extra's Push Active to Visit Lots function on. I don't and never see this. I do see inactives behaving oddly early in the mornings sometimes, if there are any venues open for them at which to do so, but would usually be less concerned about that.

I don't know of any way to schedule a party other than later the same sim day. Now that could be a helpful mod if such existed but I don't think the game core allows for it.
Mad Poster
#114 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 7:50 PM
I opened my game to check the setting you referred to. It is set to zero or disabled. Is there another setting that could be causing this to happen?

A mod from another source maybe, but not anything within SP that I am aware of.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 9:24 PM
No parties before work mod. My game play has turned into a battle of wills lately.

Sims rolls out of bed at 5:30 AM, showers, eats, brushes teeth, ect... 15 minutes before said sim is supposed to leave, he whips out his phone and and I'm tossed into the "Choose destination" screen. I shake my head, cancel action, go back to sim and send him to work. A day or two later, rinse, wash, repeat. The weekend rolls around when there is plenty of time to throw a party and to send me off to screens that I rarely see and...nothing. No party shenanigans to be had until the following Monday.

I haven't tried scheduling a party for the weekend during the week. This might put a end to this game of cat and mouse, but all things considered, I'm not completely convinced of that. <------ sim in question.

Do you have retuner? I think that's what is causing it. After I got the mod my sims start shoving me into the party screens too. I fixed it by retuning the throw party interaction to not autonomous.
Scholar
#116 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 5:13 PM
Rent a horse
You can ask a friend to borrow their horse but you need to a) have a friend with a horse, b) track them down and c) poke them enough to get the horse. The ability to just click at the equestrian center or a box at a community lot and the option to choose between the buyable and/or adoptable horses (adult and elder) would be great for vacations at/near a horse farm or weekend adventures without actually having to own the horse. Just pay a fee and return the horse until 11pm (I think that's the time for the borrowed horses).

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:43 PM
A mod where on aging to adult and elder you get new traits. In the same mod, a mod where if you somehow scored high enough in your previous age group you could rechoose a trait that you didn't like.
A mod that made gems and flowers and small pets more balanced price wise. I dislike how easy it is for my homeless sims to become millionaires.
Scholar
#118 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faerytech
A mod where on aging to adult and elder you get new traits. In the same mod, a mod where if you somehow scored high enough in your previous age group you could rechoose a trait that you didn't like.

Yes! There are some traits that are great for certain age groups like rebellious, easily impressed and childish, but sims should be able to grow out of them.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Test Subject
#119 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 2:49 AM
Many, but for brevity I'll name one.

One that allows children to ride without stretching - tbh I see kids riding horses more than adults and they're lighter which gives them edge in real-life horse-racing. (Plus Medieval Family)

Sidenote - great to see igazor still around! And all you guys sticking with the Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 3:59 AM
Oh! You know the crystal ball? I'd like one that let you charge to tell fortunes with it. Maybe linked to the fortune telling career in some way.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Yes! There are some traits that are great for certain age groups like rebellious, easily impressed and childish, but sims should be able to grow out of them.

Exactly! I don't really like the mid life crisis reward because it feels almost cheaty and I don't want to change all my traits, just one at a time in a more natural fashion.
Mad Poster
#122 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 2:31 PM
Bringing this back up, but I was making something in TSRW, and I realized that all patterns are named (i.e. Granite, Formica, Marble).

It would be so useful if these names appeared in CaST (maybe as a tooltip) since it's sometimes really hard to figure out what material is what.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 4:29 AM
Cross-posting from the Create forum, but I'd really want to have a 'Have Wedding' option in the City Hall rabbithole. It annoys me in my game that Sims are constantly being engaged but spend the rest of their lives that way and not get married (or even worse, break up and do the vicious cycle again; making new kids along the way). Sure we have same-sex marriage in the game but we don't have a Civil Wedding? How's that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 6:55 PM
Just realized how necessary a mod is that stops sims from complaining when they have interactions in their queue.

It takes so much time when I have a hungry sim, and I have them set to eat, but instead of eating and getting it done faster, they just complain and take longer to eat. Most recently I had multiple toddlers who needed to eat at the same time, and both of my adults were so bothered at the same time that once they stopped complaining about one hungry crying toddler. they'd go to the next and just scream about it even though they were queued to feed them. The babysitter was useless too, doing the same thing. I can't believe there's not a mod that prevents complaining when the sim has queued interactions.. I had to reset all the toddlers because no one would feed them aghh.
Mad Poster
#125 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
Just realized how necessary a mod is that stops sims from complaining when they have interactions in their queue.

It takes so much time when I have a hungry sim, and I have them set to eat, but instead of eating and getting it done faster, they just complain and take longer to eat. Most recently I had multiple toddlers who needed to eat at the same time, and both of my adults were so bothered at the same time that once they stopped complaining about one hungry crying toddler. they'd go to the next and just scream about it even though they were queued to feed them. The babysitter was useless too, doing the same thing. I can't believe there's not a mod that prevents complaining when the sim has queued interactions.. I had to reset all the toddlers because no one would feed them aghh.

That's part of the game, though. Not the impossible and unwanted situation you describe with toddlers, but I mean when a sim is already that hungry, tired, bladder-filled, lonely, stressed, etc. then everything becomes less efficient and takes more time (including that which is ultimately meant to relieve the condition) to do. Or at least that's the way I see it. We're not supposed to let our sims or their toddlers get that hungry before taking care of their needs if we don't want to see the complaint animations and suffer the delayed intended actions, they aren't just to inform the player who likely already knows these conditions are there by then.

Of course I don't know of anyone who is 100% effective at taking care of conditions before they happen every time especially when inactive, not player-controlled sims are around.
Page 5 of 35