Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#1001 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 3:52 PM
@M3g7e Well, at the very least i don't have to worry about an heir anymore. He's still an infant, but he's in good health and he can someday inherit the crown (more likely from his grandfather, because I don't think his father will live long enough to be crowned). And then I'll have to find him a wife... I'll probably chose one of his cousins, because I don't think there are other noble ladies with a rak high enough to be considered for the title of Queen.
In the meantime, the Crown Prince's two oldest daughters are raised by their aunt, which is actually not such a bad thing. She's quite an original character and I'm sure the two pricesses will have an interesting life.

This rotation is kind of boring. No major deaths, everybody's quite healthy and... once more, I get too many daughters and not enough sons.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1002 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 6:04 PM
Thank you much, M3g7e! The poor woman really is a good Sim (+9 alignment) with a few kiddies and a lovely stepdaughter, so as interesting as the drama-filled options are, she's most likely to try to forgive and forget, in time. Maybe I'll have her husband argue with his lover enough that they'll fall out of love and be less likely to have a repeat offense. He has +13 alignment, and she has +23, so perhaps this incident is eye-opening to the things in life that really matter and more of a mistake by good people than premeditated evil. x3

And now that you mention the widow's son... Come to think of it, I'm not sure her kids know of the scandals, either. They know she's been good friends with the baronet for as long as they can remember, and they believe that she hates the duke with whom the rumors say she's involved. Her son thought it was weird that he got invited to a royal party once and not his mother, when he hadn't come of age yet, but since the invitation was an excuse for extra time spent with his fiancée, he didn't read too much into it. Besides, the queen is about his age (just a little younger), so it might make sense for her to want to associate more with the younger generation than the older. =P

My Sims 2 Test of Time Challenge Blog - Here - Updated 6-10-2015
Test Subject
#1003 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 7:28 PM
I had a few ladies join a convent for a time to "punish" their husbands. Not with small children, but as soon as they started their education at PrepSchool.
Instructor
#1004 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 2:31 AM
I've been thinking about this challenge for a while and it sounds really fun! I love following rules, and while I know it would be hard to make sure I learn all of them, I think I would enjoy it.

The one thing stopping me from doing this challenge is building. I am not an inspired builder and while the thought of setting up all the sims (and downloading appropriate time period cc clothes) is exciting, I know that I will never be able to set up an entire hood (and subhoods) worth of residential and community lots. Does anyone have neighborhood and subhood recommendations? Or want to share the neighborhoods/subhoods they use?
Test Subject
#1005 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 10:54 PM
Jojoa777, I don't consider myself a very good builder, either; but I've found that the building guidelines for the Medieval Charter Challenge really help here. If you can't find anything premade, maybe that will make building more bearable?

My Sims 2 Test of Time Challenge Blog - Here - Updated 6-10-2015
Scholar
#1006 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 11:14 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 25th Dec 2016 at 11:42 PM.
Jojoa777
Although I'm still in process of learning of the rules/playstyle of Warwickshire, It's mentioned in the PDF that you do not need to build everything *right away*, but setting up the hood over time, like you would do with any other hood. Like starting at least one of each class (royals, nobles, gentry, bourgeoise and peasant) and go from there.

Personally I play with this SCF hood called Simmerlake http://modthesims.info/d/278411 , but many of the maxi SCF hoods are useful too (Belladonna cove, Cresentisland, Desiderate Valley are some I used play for my custom hoods). MTS has many other good terrains: http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f...ag=terrain&gs=1. Personally I prefer creating my own lots, but you can always download the lots or re-vamp the ones in the lot bin.

**************************** No Reply.
After some minor re-starting and re-organizing (Still same families), I've finally arranged my fiefs. I prefer playing a single main hood, so I'm using a larger terrain that I've between divided into 10 areas, each hold about 500 plot square.
One where the royal family and relatives lives (court), 2 wastelands for outlasts and non-fief families and 7 areas where my fief holders lives, each with a gentry doctor/witch/healer/midwife. The duches who own these portions of lands live at the court.I'm a bit unsure whether the duchy will tax the fief holders holding their lands (the otherwise sub-hoods), but otherwise Ive decided where all my nobles and gentry lives. 33 families out of 50. The rest are peasants and mercenaries, consist of cas couples (the founders) and currently playing the "baby factory" phrase coz each founder are similare in age (16-23). I'm using aging off a few rotations as I want them to be the age of older teens/ya when having the first couple kids as well as a custom age span I made myself from simbolical where 1 year = 1 day.
(Infant 1-2, Toddler 2-4, Child 5-12, Teen is 13-18, Ya is 19-22 , Adult start from 23 to 62, Elder 63+. Adult and Elder has several stages each as the THS chart was made like, each last 10 years. I,e 22, 32, 42, 52, etc.)

It might be a bit silly, but I'm using English places as names for the fiefs and fief holders, most with the chester/caster suffix. (I.e. Cambridge, Worcester, Lancaster, Glasgow etc). The gentry has regular surnames, but their manor/estate will have a different name.

As I wrote earlier, I use Simmerlake terrain (but modified it by flattening and raising areas). This how it looks like at the moment (haven't add the lots yet). My other sims wait in a different (unused) sub-hood for the time being:
. I'm a bit lazy so most lots are copy-and-paste lots from the lot bin, but with different house arrangement. This is the Court, the only area I've working on so far.

Welcome to Worcester, my custom medieval hood:
Mad Poster
#1007 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 12:46 AM
I don't play this challenge, just read the thread, but wouldn't StephSim's medieval lots here on MTS work for starting?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#1008 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 3:43 AM
Thanks so much for the help, guys! I'll have to take a look at StephSim's lots. I just know that if I try to build things I will 1. quit the challenge because I hate building and 2. end up with a non-Medieval looking neighborhood that will make the challenge seem unauthentic.

Florentzina, I think I may go your route and use one larger map instead of subhoods. I think that would come off as less overwhelming to me (even if they were small subhoods).
Instructor
#1009 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by faerie6099
Jojoa777, I don't consider myself a very good builder, either; but I've found that the building guidelines for the Medieval Charter Challenge really help here. If you can't find anything premade, maybe that will make building more bearable?

I think for me the problem is that in addition to being bad at building (lots of square buildings) I get bored and just want to play with the sims already. I can usually stomach making a lot every once in a while, but only if I really need it, can't find anything like it, and am in the right mood. I get really into storylines and tracking my sims, and love the idea of a Medieval playstyle, but I just can't see myself having the stamina to build so many lots. And I know the Medieval aspect won't feel as real to me unless I start off with a fully-formed neighborhood. If I find enough creator-made lots to place down then hopefully I'll be able to manage though.
Instructor
#1010 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 3:54 AM
This collection of downloads by StephSim is looking very promising! I'm getting excited

http://modthesims.info/d/400888
Instructor
Original Poster
#1011 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 6:34 PM
Jojoa777, StephSim is an amazing builder: I am sure you will find her lots really useful and authentic. You will also find a trove of excellent lots and other cc on PlumbBob Keep.
Scholar
#1012 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 1:23 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 2nd Jan 2017 at 7:26 AM.
After setting up my hood based on Station, THS, Fief and Alignment (which I simplified by household and personality points. I.e. grouchy sims start off with evil alignment while auth/rad/hum by household). I am now on the third rotation (occasionally *cough cough* fastforward certain stages/rotations with hacks) where the kids are slowly morphing into teens and to plan arranged marriage, gathering dowry along with determine each fief/land's taxes. (I'll take "loans" with Cyjons loar jar for my poor sims if they can't pay it within a season).

This was the easiest part to understand and set up. The hard part I trying figure out is the Royal and Clerical Favor Points and got a new question: What the easiest way to calcuate these favor points? Also, are you suppose to gathering the points from all of the aspirations regardless what your sim has or just the ones affecting the aspiration of a specific sims?
As I wrote earlier, I started my hood with 50 adult sim couples, and now has an average of 4 children each (some "lucky" ones had 10!) from infant to young teenage stage so this part of the challenge seems a bit overwhelming to me as I've *never* played in such way before.Its kind of reminds me scoring systems where you counting them over time, counting dozen of behavior/outcome points from hundreds of sims (have roughly 300 sims now. plus 30 graves excluding miscarriages) ,seems a bit overwhelming when you're not familiare with it before..

Any advise from a noob on how to collect R&C Favor points?
The THS system was a piece a cake as I use wrote in my spreedsheet the THS number and age of that sim, but my royal family who had elder parents had over 20 grandchildren, along with alot of skills and badges earned, so Im a bit lost (when calculate favor points for).

PS: Finally set up my fiefs and decorate everything as in seen attached pic below (its a bit blurry and excluded writing the fief's names). Usually I just plop them down in empty lots and cheat everything, but adding the ideas from this challenge make me a bit motivate to play the game more... ermm.. seriously.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#1013 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
What the easiest way to calcuate these favor points?

I use an Access database that I created to collect and compile the data I'm collecting. I think others have tried with some varying success to use Excel spreadsheets (not my thing ...), and still others have gone the tried and true paper method with self-created forms for each character or household. Of course, it is up to you how you decide to do this, or how much emphasis you place on recording RFP and CFP. I *try* (ahem, cough) to be responsible about recording behaviors and outcomes for each family as I play them, but I don't always, and as a result I have quite a few sims that I have never recorded RFP or CFP for ... The main thing is that these points do matter in the grand scheme of things if you're wanting to see, for example, whether someone is eligible for a royal appointment, or whether a sim is in despair, etc.

Also, are you suppose to gathering the points from all of the aspirations regardless what your sim has or just the ones affecting the aspiration of a specific sims?

Yes. Sims can gain or lose RFP or CFP for every aspiration type regardless of what their own aspiration is. A family sim will certainly gain points from having friends or lose points for creating a vampire ... it makes no difference what the sim's individual aspiration is.

Any advise from a noob on how to collect R&C Favor points?
The THS system was a piece a cake as I use wrote in my spreedsheet the THS number and age of that sim, but my royal family who had elder parents had over 20 grandchildren, along with alot of skills and badges earned, so Im a bit lost (when calculate favor points for).

As I said above, I generally start with a family unit and start collecting data slowly. When ghosts haunt, I make them selectable and record their points. I start with going through the memories, then relationships, then hobby points, and so forth. If you begin with the family behaviors, just start with each behavior and gradually work through to the popularity ones. It takes a few minutes for each sim. It's almost always pointless to worry about toddlers and children: they don't have enough points to worry with anyway.

I can try to upload the Access forms I use--but how many people have MS Access that would be interested, or want to use it?

PS: Finally set up my fiefs and decorate everything as in seen attached pic below (its a bit blurry and excluded writing the fief's names). Usually I just plop them down in empty lots and cheat everything, but adding the ideas from this challenge make me a bit motivate to play the game more... ermm.. seriously.

Looks great!
Screenshots
Scholar
#1014 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 4th Jan 2017 at 9:31 PM.
I was suspecting people might use excel (familiar with it from BACC to calcuate populations) to calcuate the points but find it a bit tedious as I deal with hundreds of Sims (over 200 kids by now, after this round I plan to introduce a disease plauge such as half every Sims THS before their next aging rolls. Poor sims with THS 20 or below. The diseases mentioned in the pdf was a bit too much for my taste, so I simplify some of them. ). I did rewrote the behavior charts after what kind of behavior rather than aspiration (all related to a Sims characteristics, fit, growing up, Skills etc in one group) as I find it easier as I did suspect you calculate all aspiration behaviors (but wanted to confirm).

I use Wordpad soreedsheets for general stats such as age, aspiration, hobby, station, THS , alignment and organize each Sim by family relations using tabs between each, but to calcuate points I probably need something else for. Never heard of Accsess before, so yes I'm interested to try.

Edit:
I did try it with one of my sims. An orphaned gentry teen living with her guardians (story wise, godparents as I didn't want her to be adopted) but who fooled around with their only son and heir (who had arranged marriage plan for) and got preggo (ACR when i don't watch ) so I send her tO a convent. Her total points were RFP -90/CFP 2. She seems to constantly getting negative points so I'm a bit sure whether she would be useful in the Clerics if her clerical points goes negative (still readin about the three estates). I also had several homosexuals I want to enter the cleric but they are obese and from high classes so probably end negative as well (Another thing I simplified, where lazy Sims tends to become obese and active Sims more fit). Kind of hilarious that Sims fitness affect their CFP.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1015 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:02 AM
Oh dear--sims with negative CFP do fine in the church! It helps boost their CFP! Just joining the cloister (convent/monastery) will be a huge gain (they don't have to stay), but joining the clergy would be a more or less continual boost--if they are devout. Keep in mind, though, it might be interesting storywise to have a few sims in the church who are not so pious. Just sayin. Access is part of the MS Office suite. It used to pack with the home professional bundle which is how I got it, but I think now you have to buy it separately, which is not so good. I will poke around with the forms later this week if I get a chance and see what I can do about exporting them into something usable if anyone is interested.
Scholar
#1016 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 9:40 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 5th Jan 2017 at 11:58 AM.
Well, I was thinking of the positions in Pursuit 3 - Serving the church section which seems to require positive CFP's. She is also virtuous fort-fam(alignment is +12) sim so I guess she is that kind of sim who people take advantage of.

Btw: regarding the education, healer and church pursuits. On Academics knowledge Education 0-15 (Healer chart), what does this mean? I looked at Academic preparations chart and couldn't understand this part.
Even she is a ruined maiden, she should be able to take some kind of job when she get older. So far she did enroll in private day and boarding school (before the accident with decent grade) and got so far 37 in academic score (probably won't enter college due to being kicked out from home), but can't figure out how to calculate the healer score when it comes to education. (probably poor level to limited education).
Test Subject
#1017 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 11:19 AM
but can't figure out how to calculate the healer score when it comes to education. (probably poor level to limited education).

Natural healers don't need academic education. Their points come from badges, witchcraft and special skills like parenting, etc.

The academic points are for doctors.
Scholar
#1018 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 12:31 PM
Yvi-Sama, I was refering to both though (but have only calculate the teen's score). Not sure what the Academic Education 1-15 was refering to.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1019 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 7:53 PM
Yvi-Sama, I was refering to both though (but have only calculate the teen's score). Not sure what the Academic Education 1-15 was refering to.

Are you using version 3.5? Table 19 on p. 31 of version 3.5 has the education broken down into level 0-5 and level 6-10 and level 11-15. These levels are calculated using Table 40 on p. 61. Education points earned from any area other than part of a biology degree will be counted from Table 40. The only points from Table 40 that you cannot use are ones earned from the biology degree, but that is because those points are covered on Table 19 for the doctor/healer score. Serfs especially will likely have a low score from Table 40 (unless they have a lot of badges), so if they fall into that 0-5 range, their lack of education will hurt their score on Table 19.
Scholar
#1020 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 9:49 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 6th Jan 2017 at 10:01 PM.
I got the newest I could find in the post section, a pdf called 3.0, Teaser 2.5

Wrong version again..?
I only saw (read that) you should check table 40, academic preparation, but looking at that chart, it only had academic degree, experience, research, boarding school, badges and skills, along with titles. ,

--- which I often seems get to around 30-40 in table 40 chart while they are teens for most non-low class sims as most of my doctors and healers were arranged into the gentry class and wanted to see how far that would lower a sim score if they didn't go to college as the education lvl 0-10 were minuses. (I've a story plot in mind where the hood is currently in a epedemic and at least half of each class have too poor health to enroll for it. Average ths is 35.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#1021 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 8:22 PM Last edited by M3g7e : 7th Jan 2017 at 8:56 PM.
You've got the right version, and it sounds like you are using the table correctly. For more academic preparation, see the bottom of the table that also gives +2 for homeschool, +3 for public day school,or +4 for private day school. The other schools are given under "boarding school preparation." All of the areas on the chart count toward the total academic preparation score, so a serf with a gold badge in anything except sewing, cosmetology or gardening (which are covered on Table 19) will have +9 academic preparation, even if s/he has never had any formal schooling. I think that your scores for teens sound about right--but then, how could a teen have more education than an assistant teacher? To get into the upper ranges, a sim would need excellent formal schooling, along with lots of research and professional experience.
Scholar
#1022 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 8th Jan 2017 at 12:25 AM.
So the education level is the one for employment? So if a male had private day school and boarding school with average grades, would their education level be 14? I might mix education and career level up, but I'm not sure. -
Due to that many of my sims are in a bad health right now, I prefer focus on the other scoring points than the university degree. They might be not excellent doctors/teachers/healers, but it should be too disastrous without the biology degree (I hope, I've no interests in medicine and education in real life, so I'm not sure how that goes, but I was thinking about midwifes, nursing elder sims and such, not the advanced career stuff).

As I tends to skip days (but still keeping the rotation in sync so they age properly, its relives when playing large hoods), I tends to randomize the skills and assign them a few special skills and badges depending on what kind of role I want to be in (but don't cheat more than that), but try to a bit fair. I dont think 1-2 bronze badges and 1-2 special skills are too much for a teen to get, which is where they get their scores from. Also, the education tends to be based on their rank in the society. Like peasants rarely get more than home school except for the eldest son who may enroll for the puplic ones. Those in the middle classes tends to take loans to get their education (Cyjon loan jar). My founders who were from the gentry class tends to focus on education and health care as future career paths and want the teens to following their footstep.

The one I had the score example (which is typical gentry sims) went to Private Day School & Boarding School (min.requirements) and had Bronze/Silver Flower Badge, Parenting, Fire Study and Maxed Creativity which I counted to 32, but I guess I would add +4 from employment section and count the other skills. The other experiences will be added later as they get older. But in a society with bad health care, having a few younger teacher assistant in a pinch doesn't feel that bad. Their doctor/healer scores doesn't seems to be that good though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1023 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 8:17 PM
Well, right--the education score is only a part of the doctor/healer practitioner score. I'm pretty well educated, but I would still make a terrible doctor.
The education score (from Table 40) is used for employment, too--so that sounds right. That table is used to calculate the education score, regardless of where it is applied. I don't usually have peasants attend any kind of formal schooling at all, unless I accidentally forget to switch them over to the simlogical school. And then, they don't get any formal education, just whatever skills and knowledge they're able to attain on their own. Usually my peasants have very low education scores, under 20.
Scholar
#1024 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 11th Jan 2017 at 8:07 PM.
I think I understand most of the challenge aspects (some altered, some omitted to suit my own preference) but It probably to take a while before I've any very talented teachers and doctors around. Now, just gotta count CFP/RFP, but Im no hurry for that.

EDIT: Removed the post about the plague as I switched back to a earlier back up instead and plan to arrange education, healer-, and business levels from the scratch instead. With many founders, it got a bit overwhelming to calcuate this later on.
Test Subject
#1025 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 7:03 PM
HELP

I don't know who my heir is...

Gentleman Marcus got two sons: Richard and Jonathan. The first was born of his first wife and after her death Marcus had a liason with a married woman. Weeeeeell, she got pregnant, her husband divorced her, the child was born and Marcus married her and recogniced their child.

That was the easy part: Richard is the heir.

BUT: Richard had an affair with a widow, resulting in a little girl named Shanna. He later married (a girl he deflowered beforehand ) and also had a girl (Corinna). After Corinna's birth his wife had him recognice and take in his first daughter.

Now Richard died and I don't know if Jonathan, Shanna or Corinna is the heir

What do you think?

PS: Storywise, I consider naming Shanna heiress, because she had a little too much "fun" with a fifth son of equal rang and will marry him very soon ;-)
Page 41 of 44