Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 3:01 PM
Default Viper Canyon Challenge: The Family/Lot Bin Spares
If you have never plucked up the courage to play all of the sims that are dumped in your family bin when a new neighborhood is created, you're not alone. Luckily, meetmetotheriver has developed a beautiful neighborhood that makes this task a little less painful - along with cleaning up a lot of Maxis blunders along the way.

Viper Canyon is a desert neighborhood where all of these spares live, so you can get rid of them in your other hoods forever!

I've created a little challenge for myself that I thought other simmers would be interested in partaking in, because let's be honest - families like the Goodies are painful to play through. Here are the "challenge" rules:

1. Play through each family for three "generations". Here, the first generation is the adult sim in the family - so the challenge only requires you to play until their grandchild reaches adulthood. In the case of the Newsons, we will count them as the first generation since there are no adults in the family.

2. No cheats are allowed, but can use aspiration/career rewards

3. The Sim's Lifetime Want and Career track must be picked based on their interests. You can update their original Lifetime Want if it doesn't seem to coincide with their interests.

4. A sim's partner must be chosen based on their zodiac signs. The signs do not have to be in the "most compatible" category, but cannot be married if they have "incompatible" signs. This means starting out from the gate - Priya and Sanjay Ramaswami have incompatible zodiac signs. This should spice up these families right from the get-go!

5. All sub-hoods attached to Viper Canyon must have a desert layout. This means you can choose "La Fiesta Tech" for the University or create your own. You cannot use the Downtown, Bluewater Village, or any of the vacation destinations but can create your own.

Additional "Extreme Challenge" Rules
6. All original family lot sims, besides the elders, must have offspring. This means all Newson kids, all Ottomas kids, and all adult sims (even if they currently have a child) must have at least one child.

7. You cannot have more than two sims in a single career track.

And that's all there is to it (hence why I can hardly call this a challenge, but man, it's going to be challenging for me)! Help keep these families interesting by spicing up the couples and taking a totally different approach to their stories than their original "Description" entails based on the sim's interests.

LINKS:
Download meetmetotheriver's Viper Canyon here: https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/108255.html

See the zodiac compatibility chart here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Zodiac_sign

Download the BatBox to change a sim's LTW here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 1:20 AM
How is the "2 Sims can have the same job" possible with all these sims? Well, not for ME as I have lots of cc jobs. And I have a few attraction mods, not even sure which ones. But yea, Maxis has couples that barely even LIKE each other!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
How is the "2 Sims can have the same job" possible with all these sims? Well, not for ME as I have lots of cc jobs. And I have a few attraction mods, not even sure which ones. But yea, Maxis has couples that barely even LIKE each other!

This is kind of what I mean/what it looks like in my game! They don't have to have the same jobs, but there can't be more than two sims in the same career track. This is just to keep things interesting so you don't have a ton of sims in the same career track. But with custom careers, that should be no problem at all!

The attraction mods shouldn't interfere with the zodiac qualification, but if anything, it will make it that much more challenging!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 12:41 PM
Ooh I kind of like this, but I think I will skip the max 2 sims in each career track requirement, and instead make myself a complicated system based on their interest level (I don't like having too many careers in the game).

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Ooh I kind of like this, but I think I will skip the max 2 sims in each career track requirement, and instead make myself a complicated system based on their interest level (I don't like having too many careers in the game).

LOVE that idea! If you have a tumblr or anything of the sort please let me know, I'd love to see how it turns out!