Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#26 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 2:28 AM Last edited by porkypine : 29th Oct 2007 at 2:39 AM.
lol... Of course, being ambitious, but lacking in time, I'm looking at the mad King Ludwig's famous fairytale castle... "Neuschwanstein castle" ... Not enough time to do it justice for this contest's deadline, so I'll pass on the castle. Hopefully, someone who has lots of time will make that one for the contest. :0)

Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 3:08 AM
There'll probably be some amazing entries. I would enter, but I'm way too busy in real life.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 1:14 PM
Humm the potential's for this are endless, I like it!!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#29 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 3:06 PM
Ooh porky, good idea. Neuschwanstein is beautiful, if somewhat smelling of horse dung.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#30 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 3:20 PM
Sorry but I dont know what upload type I have to take when I want to upload a lot. Its neither a maxis or custom mesh recolour nor a new mesh .
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:35 PM
jon, for lots just say 'maxis recolor'. The upload wizard had to be general for the category because it accepts all sorts of things.

And Porky, that is beautiful, although I'd think it would need to be scaled back a bit to be playable in game. And of course, would require the story to be shared

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#32 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 4:56 PM
Yippee! This will be perfect. I've been dreaming of a fairytale hood!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#33 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
jon, for lots just say 'maxis recolor'. The upload wizard had to be general for the category because it accepts all sorts of things.

And Porky, that is beautiful, although I'd think it would need to be scaled back a bit to be playable in game. And of course, would require the story to be shared

I'll poke around with a 'little' version and see how far I get. I don't have much time to play right now... It requires CC for the towers and walls and spires. unless of course,, midsimmer's night's dream has some useful stuff... I'll have to look at my 'turret' collection and see what kinds of recolors I'll need to do.. ;0)

I haven't built a Bavarian palazzo yet.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 10:10 PM
I think possibly faerie-tale as opposed to fairytale is more in order :D

Dakeyras
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
lol... Of course, being ambitious, but lacking in time, I'm looking at the mad King Ludwig's famous fairytale castle... "Neuschwanstein castle" ... Not enough time to do it justice for this contest's deadline, so I'll pass on the castle. Hopefully, someone who has lots of time will make that one for the contest. :0)

Good luck, porkypine! I actually tackled Neuschwanstein once and ended up with a lovely castle that I labled as "inspired by" since it was extremely scaled back. lol.

I will be waiting to see what everyone comes up with!

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 10:39 PM
If I could mod, I'm make some object that did something completely new and interesting (wand-making thingy? Dueling platform like in Making magic?). However, I cannot mod. Heh. *dangit*

^_^

"A world of fantasy at my hand; I am greater than the greatest man."
Forum Resident
#37 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine

I like that castle, I would think about that, but, I don't have any certainty to be nominated...

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#38 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:09 AM Last edited by porkypine : 31st Oct 2007 at 3:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Ooh porky, good idea. Neuschwanstein is beautiful, if somewhat smelling of horse dung.

got a nose full... eh?

Quote: Originally posted by Dakeyras
I think possibly faerie-tale as opposed to fairytale is more in order :D

Ah! Fairy tale is 'merikin' ... faerie-tale is from Fae.... Ta fíos agam! Na Daoíne Maíthe! ahahahaha pookas, selkies...

Quote: Originally posted by seren
I like that castle, I would think about that, but, I don't have any certainty to be nominated...

One never has certainty... You just make it cuz it's there and it tells you MAKE ME! lol
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 3:37 PM
Exactly what kind of fantasy worlds are we talking about here? Old Euro Grimm Brothers stories? Tolkien and CS Lewis? Roald Dahl? there are so many tangents here.

If someone decides to build Willy Wonka factory, please do so! I've been wanting to see Candyland style furnishings and wall and floor sets (for kids rooms) for a long time.
Do it myself if i had the cash to get the software.

We've seen enough Hogwarts stuff already.
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 10:57 PM
*extreme happiness*
Terrific idea! I wish I could mesh... perhaps I'll try some clothing... or just lurk and download everything as usual ^^* Anyhoo, I can't wait to see the submissions!

L.
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 6:09 AM
Just finished a book of H.C. Andersen, so this has got me fantastically excited. I've never done anything like this, but it's slowly inspiring me to take a look at those tutorials. Great theme this time!
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 12:18 AM
If I could mod I'd totally make a hacked object mirror that when walked through/used would teleporter your sims to a different place. Of course it would have to be a secret lot like what is used in Bon Voyage. And I can't mod.
-forces some random simmer to make one-

<3
Instructor
#43 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 1:00 AM
Default Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle
Absolutely do take the time to visit:

http://www.msichicago.org/exhibit/f...tle/Fc_home.htm

The many times I was lucky enough to visit this magnificently enchanted castle as I child, I was enthralled.

Although it is very hard for the photos to do it true justice, by looking through all of the rooms, you may be inspired and get many lovely ideas.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 11:35 AM
I actually managed to find a copy of the floor plans for Neuschwanstein castle. Now if only I had the skills to design a resplendant interior :P

Dakeyras
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:31 PM
Where will they be posted?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 5:53 PM
The contest entries are found in - contests - fairytale

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#47 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dakeyras
I actually managed to find a copy of the floor plans for Neuschwanstein castle. Now if only I had the skills to design a resplendant interior :P

ahhhh... You can DO IT! Just roll up your sleeves and get busy. :0) Got photo capture software? Capture the wall textures and paint them on some sim walls. :0)

I'm not doing Neuschwanstein so please make it! :0)
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#48 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 9th Nov 2007 at 7:30 PM.
I have a question about the judging process, are previous winners of the exceptional trophy still going to be judged like all the rest, or will they be penalized since they already won? I'd love to see my name on the short list again, but if thats not possible, I don't really want to get myself chin deep in a project if it can't achieve that. (No, winning isn't everything to me, but my creating time is limited and I've got other projects I keep pushing aside). From the other side of the fence it doesn't seem fair to let the same people keep winning, so I'd like to know what the judge's viewpoint of this is. Perhaps a happy medium of recognition but the entry not actually being votable, maybe? I don't know.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 9:07 PM
What I'd like to know is if it's normal for entries to take longer than 4 days before they're posted? (i'm new and this is my first time entering into this so I literally have no clue). Thanks for any help

-Carrie :)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#50 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 11:06 PM
Phae - Nope, no penalty. Certainly possible to win multiple times.
Page 2 of 3