Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1652
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 4011 times.
Search this Thread
Old 26th Dec 2017, 3:18 PM Default"Moodlet" System. #1
SneakyWingPhoenix
Original Poster

Alchemist

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,553


I wonder how possible it would be to recreate a moodlet systems and moodlets itself from TS3. These would be split into two: Temporal and Permanent. Temporal would be the moodlets that would expire under a certain time period or when a criteria is meet, while permanent would be just regular TS2 vanilla memories that are stored in the sims memory from the start up to till they die. Both would be displayed in the memory panel.

Not sure what else to add onto this. Ideas and thoughts?
Old 26th Dec 2017, 3:22 PM #2
SneakyWingPhoenix
Original Poster

Alchemist

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,553


Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I wonder how possible it would be to recreate a moodlet systems and moodlets itself from TS3. These would be split into two: Temporal and Permanent. Temporal would be the moodlets that would expire under a certain time period or when a criteria is meet, while permanent would be just regular TS2 vanilla memories that are stored in the sims memory from the start up to till they die. Both would be displayed in the memory panel.

Not sure what else to add onto this. Ideas and thoughts?


P.S. Sorry If I posted this, If I did, in a inappriopate section of the forum. Bad excuse I know, still cannot get use to this forum. I sincerely hope that it isn't, but If it is: please move it to where it should be or inform me to redo my mistake on my own
Old 26th Dec 2017, 7:12 PM #3
Lamare
just a girl

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,009
Thanks: 5088 in 35 Posts
21 Achievements


Well, it is possible to create tokens and add them as visible memories or invisible temporary/permanent tokens. You can totally do that if you can think of an event that could really use this kind of addition.
As for copying the Sims 3 system, I see some complications. The Sims 3 has shit ton of moodlets. Hundreds of them. Many of them have similar effects and causes. Some things that are managed by moodlets in the Sims 3 are already covered in the Sims 2 by its own systems (like aspiration, mood and existing tokens and controllers). Most moodlets would be redundant in the Sims 2. Also, for moodlet system to fully blend into gameplay, you'd have to edit lots of game code. Like, if you want some event to cause particular moodlet, you edit its BHAV to include your code there. Unless I'm not seeing an easier way (which can be true, as I haven't given it a lot of thought), you'd have to practically override every behavior you want to link a moodlet to.
Lastly, tokens are iffy. Should you accidentally load a hood without your downloads folder, the moodlet system is ruined. It's not a problem if you're a disciplined person who makes backups and all, but still worth a mention.

Sorry to sound so negative. Maybe you can think of a way to overcome all that I said.
Old 26th Dec 2017, 8:47 PM #4
Liz
Field Researcher

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 326
Thanks: 4366 in 55 Posts
24 Achievements

View My Journal


I wonder if the post-vacation mood/productivity bonuses from BV could serve as a kind of framework for something like this? I know diddly about how the coding for this game works, but it's the closest moodlet analogy I can think of in TS2.
Old 26th Dec 2017, 11:55 PM #5
SneakyWingPhoenix
Original Poster

Alchemist

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,553


Somebody did suggested that. Are they Vacation mementos? Been I while since I haven't installed Bon Voyage.
Old 26th Dec 2017, 11:57 PM #6
SneakyWingPhoenix
Original Poster

Alchemist

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,553


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Well, it is possible to create tokens and add them as visible memories or invisible temporary/permanent tokens. You can totally do that if you can think of an event that could really use this kind of addition.
As for copying the Sims 3 system, I see some complications. The Sims 3 has shit ton of moodlets. Hundreds of them. Many of them have similar effects and causes. Some things that are managed by moodlets in the Sims 3 are already covered in the Sims 2 by its own systems (like aspiration, mood and existing tokens and controllers). Most moodlets would be redundant in the Sims 2. Also, for moodlet system to fully blend into gameplay, you'd have to edit lots of game code. Like, if you want some event to cause particular moodlet, you edit its BHAV to include your code there. Unless I'm not seeing an easier way (which can be true, as I haven't given it a lot of thought), you'd have to practically override every behavior you want to link a moodlet to.
Lastly, tokens are iffy. Should you accidentally load a hood without your downloads folder, the moodlet system is ruined. It's not a problem if you're a disciplined person who makes backups and all, but still worth a mention.

Sorry to sound so negative. Maybe you can think of a way to overcome all that I said.

No need to apologize. I appreciate input and insight of any kind greatly Will or might come in handy for sure for others or even for me too (when I start modding).
Old 27th Dec 2017, 11:45 AM #7
Lamare
just a girl

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,009
Thanks: 5088 in 35 Posts
21 Achievements


Vacation bonuses are made of tokens as well.
Old 28th Dec 2017, 7:22 PM #8
JMarcos123
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 142
Thanks: 87 in 4 Posts
4 Achievements


What about simplistic "moodlets" for whenever a sim has a recent bad memory (when they've seen cockroaches or someone died), while they keep crying all the time their mood is also decreased? Or when they had an A+ etc. their mood increases temporarily (while the sim is still reacting to the memory)?
Old 28th Dec 2017, 10:34 PM #9
SneakyWingPhoenix
Original Poster

Alchemist

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,553


Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarcos123
What about simplistic "moodlets" for whenever a sim has a recent bad memory (when they've seen cockroaches or someone died), while they keep crying all the time their mood is also decreased? Or when they had an A+ etc. their mood increases temporarily (while the sim is still reacting to the memory)?

Well, I probably would do both of these variations: existing memories and new custom ones.
Old 29th Dec 2017, 7:22 AM #10
BkajnlConcepts
Lab Assistant

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 98
Thanks: 144 in 3 Posts
4 Achievements


Sounds like a very interesting topic, I'd love to see this happen!

The Sims 3 did have a memory system, although a very poor one, imagine combining the TS3 Moodlet system and the TS2 Memory system
Old 13th Jan 2018, 9:41 PM #11
SneakyWingPhoenix
Original Poster

Alchemist

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2,553


Quote:
Originally Posted by BkajnlConcepts
Sounds like a very interesting topic, I'd love to see this happen!

The Sims 3 did have a memory system, although a very poor one, imagine combining the TS3 Moodlet system and the TS2 Memory system

Also, in reverse regarding TS3 it's probably easy and super-uper-duper to add memory system of TS2.
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.