Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Free Camera Hack v1.0

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Sep 2004 at 7:51 PM - Updated 7th Oct 2022 at 1:20 PM by Tashiketh

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Sep 2004 at 6:21 PM
The pitch for me does not work on this. I am stuck in one pitch view, but it does let me zoom faster and closer and also rotate faster. How do I fix the pitch though?
#3 Old 28th Sep 2004 at 1:45 AM
It looks like this got mixed up with the 30-degree lock one...
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Sep 2004 at 4:03 AM
HAHA yea, its a great edit, no biggie on the small messup, easy to fix. Had a wierd crash cause of it, leaving the "first person" (which its not, i dunno why, there is a camera file that says specifically "camera fixed to sim's skull base", that's first person) Anyway...i was in "first person" after using your camera...switched back with my view towards the sky....and couldn't tilt back down. Game locked up, haha. Very odd. Keep up the good work.

Mike
#5 Old 30th Sep 2004 at 11:20 AM
THX @@"
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 11:12 PM
Hmm... I like this mod, but the stuck at 30 degrees thing is really annoying. Someone mentioned that it was easy to fix this, but all of my somewhat pitiful attempts to do so wound up either making the camera stuck beneath the world or- somewhat amusingly- completely immobile. Care to elaborate on how to fix this?
#7 Old 12th Oct 2004 at 10:04 AM
try this, its working on me

camera "Live" Live
zoom 1 (70 40 25 15 8 3 0.5)
fov (45 45 45 45 45 45 45)
pitch (30 22 14 10 6 2 2) (40 45 50 55 60 65 65)
clip (0.6 0.5 0.4 0.3 0.2 0.1 0.1) (2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000 2000)

the rest like in the file
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Oct 2004 at 2:59 AM
Very helpful! Thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2004 at 4:54 PM
If you do screw you camera files there's a backup in the game installation directory,
..\..\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Cameras\

One thing I'm curious about is it appears you can create custom cameras and switch between the default and custom camera files.

From Cameras.txt
Quote:
# all indices start from zero except camera index,
# which corresponds to the key you press to activate
# the desired camera (thus, '1' is the first camera)

.........<snip>............

# any locally-supplied cameras.
sinclude "userCameras.txt"

Has anyone got this working? ... or any comments?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 6:44 AM
This file is actually clashes with the fixed camera hack on the MTS2 server.
They both have exactly the same file name, and the fixed camera has overridden this one.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:07 PM
Any of these camera hacks allow for an ant's eye view? (real close to the ground looking up)
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 5:03 PM
Its not downloading
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phse
Its not downloading

of course not, the last post was over a month ago and the initial post is from back in September
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 2:08 AM
Right-click, save link/target as.

Is this changed so that it's no longer mixed up with the other camera hack?
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 8:01 PM
I'd like to know too... hello? Is it ok to download? I get annoyed with zoom only randomly doing what I want it to...
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:33 AM
Question
So does this camera link work or not and if not does anybody know where to get a better camera hack? :confused:
#17 Old 10th Mar 2005 at 10:32 PM
Well, I dunno if it's the hack that it's supposed to be, won't let me pivot the camera and scrolls way too fast. I like the default one much better.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 10:42 PM
it's still at the time of my post, not the good file

still messed up with the "FIXED camera hack thread"

I sent a PM to delphy to let him know
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bobi
If you do screw you camera files there's a backup in the game installation directory,
..\..\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Cameras\

One thing I'm curious about is it appears you can create custom cameras and switch between the default and custom camera files.

From Cameras.txt

Has anyone got this working? ... or any comments?

Huh? There's no such directory. I overwrote my backup with a new backup after I installed UV. I removed all hacks before install but forgot about the camera changes. Now I no longer have the original camera file. I want the original back because when the game automatically zooms in with these changes in place, it gets too close to the sim and way off center so I can't get a quick view or picture of the event.
#20 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Shay
Huh? There's no such directory. I overwrote my backup with a new backup after I installed UV. I removed all hacks before install but forgot about the camera changes. Now I no longer have the original camera file. I want the original back because when the game automatically zooms in with these changes in place, it gets too close to the sim and way off center so I can't get a quick view or picture of the event.

C:\Documents and Settings\***Username***\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras\cameras.txt Is where the file is
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 2:41 AM Last edited by sheera : 20th Apr 2005 at 3:58 AM. Reason: small note
It is still downloadable

http://www.modthesims2.com//e107_fi.../livecamera.txt

or, you can try the one with sko's pitch change (it's just like Delphi's with only that exception).

attached:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  livecamera.txt (2.0 KB, 440 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 2:38 PM
I love this camera! Thanks! I use it all the time when I am writing stories! And I love it because if you are trying to move from one side of your lot to the other, you can just rotate real fast! Just one question though, how can you tell, or how do you change the pitch?
And one downside is, sometimes, you can't see the sims heads when you zoom in the extra zoom, you can only see their waist area! But again, it;s awesome! Good job!
#23 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 3:12 AM
ok,let me try.
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 12:01 AM
Is there a way to make it so that this camera's zoom, rotation, and movement speed is the same as the default speed?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:32 AM
I love this mod, can't live without it. The scrolling is too fast on an empty lot, maybe--but it slows down once you get a larger house with furniture. I had given up on large houses and lots before this mod. Also, if you recolor or mesh, it's a great way to get an up close look at your work.

Best,
Suzanne
Page 1 of 3