Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 2:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Harvested produce doesn't appear in inventory
Like the title suggests, after my sims have harvested produce it doesn't appear in their inventory, so it's just lost. Selling produce works fine though (unless of course if I only harvest it first since it then disappears).

I've searched the net and can't seem to find anyone else who've had this problem.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 2:50 PM
I've never heard this issue before - my first impression is that it sounds like it could be a mod conflict. I'd suggest trying a 50/50 (you can also try my extra steps first, if you'd like).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#3 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 8:11 PM
the Hack Conflict Detection Utility program can find potential mod/hack conflicts. the program can be found in the program part of this site's Download section.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 11:18 PM
Hmm, this is a bit late, but is it a home business by any chance? The only thing I can think of is that you might be looking in the inventory of the wrong sim. Are they the Seasons plants or CC?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
the Hack Conflict Detection Utility program can find potential mod/hack conflicts. the program can be found in the program part of this site's Download section.

The Hack Conflict Detection Utility was one of Paladin's programs and was hosted on his SimWardrobe site, not here at ModTheSims. If you want the program now, you can get it from Bulbizarre's SimFileShare. The file to download is Sims2HCDU-02.00.03.zip

https://simfileshare.net/folder/15697/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 1:15 AM
I wish it was in our download section, but RoxEllen is correct, it's off-site, saved thanks to Bulbizarre.

The HCUD can only show you possible conflicts, a conflict is not always bad and removing a conflict does not mean its connected to this issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:42 AM
Thank you for your answers. I did the 50/50 method and discovered it was the mod "Employee Gardening Controller" from the SimWardrobe site causing the problem. Can't remember what that mod does so it was no loss on my part deleting it. So yeah, if you want produce to appear in your sims' inventory after harvesting it, don't use that mod.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 10:37 AM
The Employee Gardening Controller is meant to be used on on an owned business lot set up as a farm. Farm employees will harvest produce and (I think) the produce should appear in the lot owner's inventory. Paladin did say in the readme that there are some global functions that may conflict with other mods related to gardening.

There are three files in that mod. If you want to remove the mod completely from your game, make sure you remove all three files.
SW-Auto-Planting-Module.package
SW-Employee-Gardening-Controller.package
SW-Farm-Field-Location-Marker.package

For what it's worth, I do have this mod in my own Downloads folder although I haven't ever gotten around to using it. I haven't noticed it interfering with harvests in my game. If you have other gardening mods, you should run the HCDU and see if there are any conflicts that might cause symptoms like the OP's.

Here's Paladin's readme if you're interested. At least you'll know what it was meant to do.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The Employee Gardening Controller is meant to be used on on an owned business lot set up as a farm. Farm employees will harvest produce and (I think) the produce should appear in the lot owner's inventory. Paladin did say in the readme that there are some global functions that may conflict with other mods related to gardening.

There are three files in that mod. If you want to remove the mod completely from your game, make sure you remove all three files.
SW-Auto-Planting-Module.package
SW-Employee-Gardening-Controller.package
SW-Farm-Field-Location-Marker.package

For what it's worth, I do have this mod in my own Downloads folder although I haven't ever gotten around to using it. I haven't noticed it interfering with harvests in my game. If you have other gardening mods, you should run the HCDU and see if there are any conflicts that might cause symptoms like the OP's.

Here's Paladin's readme if you're interested. At least you'll know what it was meant to do.

I used to have the SimWardrobe Employee Gardening Controller installed and it did not interfere with Harvesting, so maybe it was a 3 way conflict?
However the reason I no longer have the SimWardrobe Employee Gardening Controller installed has to do with it conflicting with Monique's MQ_Garden_Talk_To_Many Mod, if I had the SimWardrobe Employee Gardening Controller installed MQ_Garden_Talk_To_Many did not work.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.