Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 2:12 PM
Default 1.69 "forgets" what EP/SP I have selected.
Every so often 1.69 seems to "forget" what expansion and stuff packs I've selected, and starts with just the base game. Does this happen to anyone else or am I special? Seems like every time I check, it's good. But when I begin to trust it and don't check, then it will forget and start up only base game.

It's annoying because I need to write down what I had selected or my game gets messed up.

Anyone else encounter this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 3:42 PM
I've heard it's one of the special features of the update, so ...

"Trust no one!"

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
dodgy builder
#3 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 3:45 PM
Could I suggest some modders?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Could I suggest some modders?

Sure! My game came up with the "missing items replaced" so I left something out. What's a good mod for this? I don't like playing with everything because it slows down CAS and bloats buy mode.
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 5:22 PM
1.69 definitely forgets your expansion pack settings. The net result for me is that my launching protocol has just gotten a bit longer and more tedious. I just check the expansion pack window each time to see whether it has forgotten today, and when it does forget, I shut down the launch and start over. The next time the launcher will provide the message that I've recently installed some exciting new packs and would I like to play with them? So I have to go to the expansion pack window and check the unchecked ones.

I am pretty sure that this is unmoddable. I'm pretty sure this is a behavior we are stuck with.

I have a simpler situation than yours, because I don't like to uncheck anything, but you have all my sympathy.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 9:01 PM
I experience this and all my settings being lost every time I have a video driver update. I've taken to having a copy of my ini file saved on my desktop and overwriting the file after I'm done updating my driver. That seems to have resolved the issue for me.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 10:41 PM
There are more mods out there for this, but I don't know if they work to override the one EA provided. It works for 1.67.

ralphaelninja: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499140

Try it out and see. Make sure you backup your game first.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
There are more mods out there for this, but I don't know if they work to override the one EA provided. It works for 1.67.

ralphaelninja: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=499140

Try it out and see. Make sure you backup your game first.

I was looking for that. I used it on my old laptop. Thanks for finding it.
Inventor
#9 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 6:18 PM
I have a theory that 1.69 was created as an evil plot by EA to discourage simmers from playing TS3. They didn't fix anything and they made everything worse.
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 6:35 PM
I thin k you're almost right, except--I think they made 1.69 to push Sims 4, and they didn't care one way or the other about Sims 3 when they made it. It binds the user to the Origin mess, and allows them to push more advertising. It doesn't solve any user-recognized problems with the game, and one "feature" it provides (the ability to switch expansion packs off without uninstalling them)is not one most people ever asked for and is also already provided by simple mods.

Though honestly the reason might be as simple as they made it because they can.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 3:19 AM
I've seen this happen to me me multiple times, it seems to usually happen after I clear the caches but that's probably just a coincidence.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 10:58 AM
It would be a bit silly if it's all just stored in the cache, but it wouldn't surprice me that much if EA made it like that. They are fully capable.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 11:30 AM
I don't have this problem as far as I know

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Scholar
#14 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 6:43 PM
The cache clearing is a coincidence. The launcher is doing its own little Origin thing and is not looking at your caches.

bbc100, if you have 1.69 and you have never had the game launch without some of your expansions, you're very lucky indeed. Sometimes the way you find out this has happened is with the announcement that "some items could not be loaded and have been replaced." If you get that and you haven't removed some things from your game yourself, it means the game didn't find all your expansion packs. It's not a problem if it's a style of sink or a type of window, but if it's something with a particular function it might distort your game, even corrupt it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegirl45
I've seen this happen to me me multiple times, it seems to usually happen after I clear the caches but that's probably just a coincidence.
You know what? I did clear the cache. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
The cache clearing is a coincidence. The launcher is doing its own little Origin thing and is not looking at your caches.

Dang it... back to the drawing board.