Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:40 AM
I love this! I'm already going crazy with it. Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#78 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 12:28 PM
I love the "favourites" feature! Thanks Delphy.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 11:44 PM
These are great features - thanks! Am I just blind or is there a way to jump to your favorites? So far the only way I can find to get to what I've saved is to save another & that page come up.
Instructor
#80 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 12:11 AM
Look up next to your name at the top of the page. It says user tools. It is under that.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 12:22 AM
Thanks - guess I AM blind after all!!

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Scholar
#82 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 3:53 PM
I really like the new favourites system Thank you!
Test Subject
#83 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Spying on other people's lists would be cool too... if that's something you had planned for the future. If not, no biggie.

I agree! I would love to see other people's favorites and scorecard!
Theorist
#84 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
ETA: Oops, found a bug. When I click on "Faves" to sort the scorecard by how many people have Fave'd a thread, all the threads with no Faves stat get moved to the bottom of the page under the "FAQs / Tutorials" heading instead of in the Downloads chart where they belong.
Ah, thanks for confirming this bug, fanseelamb, I wondered what was happening.

These are great new features, and as a new creator I find it very useful to be able to track the relative popularity of different uploads. Popularity seems to be more associated with presentation rather than with content - but life's like that!

I wonder if people are using the "favourite download" feature as a temporary marker to indicate that they would like to download something in the future when it is convenient? I found it rather strange when I noticed someone marking a thread as a favourite and then she/he thought better of it later!
Inventor
#85 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:32 PM
Nice update, I like this favorites system, pretty cool! Thanks!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Test Subject
#86 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:37 AM
MTS2 Staff, I absolutely love the scorecard and the favorites lists. I am sure you don't have time for requests, but I think it would be spiffy if we could thank the people that add us or our uploads to their favorites list. I have been sending pm's to each one (which is totally cool), but I am having a hard time remembering which ones I thanked and which ones are new and I haven't thanked yet. Maybe we could have some kind of a marker next to the people's names on the "people who added you" list?

Thanks again for making it all possible!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#87 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:25 AM
Though I agree that thanking the users that select us as favourite modder is a nice thing to do, I don't think it's required. At least, I've selected my own favourite creators because I am greatful to them for creating their stuff; I don't expect them to thank me, actually the opposite

For this reason, I hope that all the users that included me in their favourite list won't be disappointed if I didn't send a PM to thank them (I appreciated it very much, though!!! :D)

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#88 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 12:11 AM
No numenor, you must send a thank you note personally to every user who lists you as a fav. Or maybe not, cause you'll never get to make us something new ever again, you'll just be sending PM's. :lovestruc

(in case anyone is doubting, I'm being sarcastic. I actually would rather who picked me as fav be sorta anonymous, actually, instead of being able to check who is in my fan club)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#89 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 12:24 AM
Oh but I'm finding the faves quite useful -- as much as I dislike the fanclubbing à la myspace thing, I found quite a few nice things already by looking at who thanked/faved/thanksthisisgreated my own uploads and then checking out where else they posted .. along the lines of, if someone likes what I do the'll have a similar taste. Kind of a more roundabout version of the recommendations system (which doesn't work the same way for me since all it ever points to is more of my own uploads).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#90 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 9:39 AM
The thanks system works only on specific downloads - it does not work on a creator level. Thus, any thanks to a creator must be done privately, or via a journal or a note in a download thread or some other method.

The favourites system is designed, as Numenor said, to enable you to select your favourite things - it could be used as per plasticbox says but this is more a bonus rather than something I'd be willing to code in. Not that it would be hard, but there is another issue here in that who thanked is actually quite private. You can see who favourited you directly but you can't see any of that persons other favourites. If that makes sense.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:09 AM Last edited by Irma : 8th Aug 2007 at 3:53 PM.
New system Favourites is very convenient and utilitarian, many thanks for this innovation! :lovestruc
But it is possible to make in UserTools separate submenu FavouritesArtists and FavouritesItems? - FA (sorry for association) already helps to find faster objects by the concrete artist, FI already helps to find quickly the link and to check up updating of favourites hacks and big sets like The Simstouns, - Imho they there are two very different and both very useful functions..
But also that, and another - certainly remain a tribute to ours Favourites Artists, and it is wonderful, that we have such opportunity!

I beg to forgive to me my dreadful English language.-I try to struggle, but all this, on what I am capable
Test Subject
#92 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:49 PM
Love it love it love it. I am reminded once again that this is - by far - the best sims community website ever! Keep up the good work. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 2:23 PM
Awesome features! Thanks guys!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 7:45 AM
SUPERCALIFRAGILISTIC-EXPIALIDOCIOUS! Searching for favs are soooo much easier! Thaaaaannnnk U!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Astymma
Noticed an error. If you click the graph icon next to a download title in your creator scorecard you are taken to an individual graph page for that submission. If that submission doesn't have any downloads in the last month you will receive an error page indicating that a Divide By Zero error has occurred.

More specifically:
Warning: Division by zero in /home/forums/public_html/_bargraph.php on line 125
when accessing http://www.modthesims2.com/graph.php?p=1310933

This is still happening... quoting it in case it got lost in the shuffle of other posts.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#96 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 6:43 PM
Astymma, I fixed that bug in the version on the dev server but it's not gone live on the main www ones yet.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Astymma, I fixed that bug in the version on the dev server but it's not gone live on the main www ones yet.

Hehe, works for me, great job as always, Delphy
Field Researcher
#98 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 1:13 AM
i love the favorite thing ..its soo much easier to find my favorite downloads and creators...

Be with us here this week as we remember Your journey toward the cross. With sad hearts, we contemplate Your death. But with confident hearts, we know that You are carrying out God's great plan of salvation.

Christ, as You take the path that leads to both death and life, may we journey with You.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 1:45 AM
The changes make finding (and remembering) the stuff I like much easier. It's one of the best features I have seen in any sims site. The improvements just go to show why MTS2 is the top site for sims! Thanks for always thinking of the end user!

[
Test Subject
#100 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 5:24 PM
cool
thnks!
Page 4 of 6