Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#9576 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Best Mod that I know of for Names would be from BoilingOil http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-908.html It has last names and BoilingOil is Dutch, so hopefully you like how this mod works.

omg even better when it's in dutch

i'll let you know though if it's working when i download this soon
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#9577 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM Last edited by Isa-WP : 9th Dec 2018 at 9:11 AM.
That's probably a great mod, but it's a replacement for the default names the games use, not a tool to choose a name!
And man, BoilingOil is Dutch too? We're everywhere! :P
Mad Poster
#9578 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
My homeless teen got a warning from her boss that if her grades slipped any more she'd be fired. She works as a criminal. I didn't realize the mob boss was so dedicated to education.

Can't have her job catching attention from the school.
Mad Poster
#9579 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:25 PM
That...actually makes some amount of sense. Thanks for the story explanation.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#9580 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:56 PM
For the names thing, if you have a smartphone (or a tablet, or you play in windowed mode, etc.) there are plenty of randomizer apps and websites you can use to choose names or even help you create a family in CAS.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9581 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:58 PM
For first names, I'm a great proponent of Nameberry's Namehunter. You put in some names, and it'll come up with ones with a similar feel to them.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#9582 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 5:21 AM
For first names, I'm a great proponent of Nameberry's Namehunter. You put in some names, and it'll come up with ones with a similar feel to them.

If I am naming someone I use https://www.behindthename.com and browse the Given names according to the group that they belong in, like Irish or German or Chinese, etc. and I just pick a name that I like. I pick what Family Names that the Sim has only if I am Creating a new Sim in CAS, and in this case I pick a name based on whether I am trying to create a Sim Based on a Sim in The Sims Bustin' Out {which I did recently when I created 6 Sims for a Challenge I was doing} or I pick a name depending on the Story Line that I am working on or where the Sim is going to be located. For example I will pick Chinese names if I am working on a Far East Vacation Local and something from Europe otherwise. If I am creating a Sim, I don't ever choose something randomly, it is always a name that I have picked for a reason.

I do like BO's Name thing as I get a variety of names if the game is generating the Sim, so this is the only time I don't choose something my self.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9583 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 11:59 AM
I want a hack that turns me into a Sim so I can go live in my neighbourhood. I suspect things would get a bit weird when I inevitably run into my self-Sim, though.

Mad Poster
#9584 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 3:18 PM
I want a hack that turns me into a Sim so I can go live in my neighbourhood. I suspect things would get a bit weird when I inevitably run into my self-Sim, though.

=
In which case, you do know your IQ will become double-digit? Pray for a nice "God" to take care of you every minute.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#9585 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 11:54 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 11th Dec 2018 at 12:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
For the names thing, if you have a smartphone (or a tablet, or you play in windowed mode, etc.) there are plenty of randomizer apps and websites you can use to choose names or even help you create a family in CAS.

Back in the olden days, we randomized names by sorting through this thick paperback book with listings of hundreds, nay thousands of names, alphabetically, called "the PHONE book"!! But we didn't have phones back then... just these lunky devices with a cord and a rotary dial, and this big clunky hand held speaker/receiver thingie. You couldn't even google anything on it! All you could do was talk to other people or wait for it's bells to start chiming, to indicate that somebody else desired to speak with you! And they had to be plugged into the walls at ALL times!

Earlier today, i had a REALLY awesome idea for a piece of CC that i'd love to see, that would be a smash hit with the TS2 community! I knew right away, everybody would want it in their game, and it would be groundbreaking! ...but I forgot what it was. Sorry!

EDIT:
I remember what it was!!! ...unfortunately, it wasn't as glorious as I had previously recalled. But i'd like to see a global mod that made some of the other exercise equipment more attractive to sims. You build a gym, you get a mad dash to the treadmill, maybe a straggler or two on the exercise bike, and NO ONE touches the weights! WHY? The weights are just as good! Whether it's the Butterfly Exercise Machine, the Free Press Exercise Machine, the Leg Exercise Machine, or the 3-in-1 Exercise Machine, they all sit empty while sims grumble that there's no treadmills. I even have the punching bag in my Rec Center, but nobody uses that, either. It's a gym, not a stationary bike park! ...so making them all as attractive as the treadmill would be nice.

Sorry, that was probably a little bit of a letdown after the build-up. =\

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#9586 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I remember what it was!!! ...unfortunately, it wasn't as glorious as I had previously recalled. But i'd like to see a global mod that made some of the other exercise equipment more attractive to sims. You build a gym, you get a mad dash to the treadmill, maybe a straggler or two on the exercise bike, and NO ONE touches the weights! WHY? The weights are just as good! Whether it's the Butterfly Exercise Machine, the Free Press Exercise Machine, the Leg Exercise Machine, or the 3-in-1 Exercise Machine, they all sit empty while sims grumble that there's no treadmills. I even h ave the punching bag in my Rec Center, but nobody uses that, either. It's a gym, not a stationary bike park! ...so making them all as attractive as the treadmill would be nice.

There's a mod like that here.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#9587 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 6:22 PM
Functional toilet paper mod:
- Sims use it (not necessary with animation) which slightly fulfill hygiene need after using a toilet.
- It will end up of its supply within a week, so sims will have to stock it manually by.
- There would also be an interaction to "Debate (argue) of which side must the toilet paper be facing".
- Allow cats (or even dogs) to play/tear it apart, which in return will satisfy their fun and only slightly scratch/chew (none of my pets did that irl, so this just popped in myv head).
- In bathroom stalls, sims should be able to ask another sim that also is using a stall next to them to "Ask to pass on the toilet paper".
- Although probably not possible, but that same mod could create a Fear for "Use a Toilet without available toilet paper".

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#9588 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 8:43 PM
I'd like a mod that will alter a sim's aspiration meter level when they go to work. I'm thinking it would be an item left in the sim's inventory like Cyjon's JobStopinator. There would be two or more different ones, some that add points like full fulling a want (I like my job), and one that would subtract points like full fulling a fear (I don't like my job). Maybe have more for different levels ranging from loving the job to really hating it.

I'd make it myself but I really don't know how these BHAV functions work. Any help/pointing to guides appreciated. Also if you feel like making it yourself feel free to do so and claim all credit. I just want this in my game.
Mad Poster
#9589 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 10:18 PM
How about there was a vacuum that sims could use it sort of like a mop but instead of bottles, cleaning up like the cleanbot (without that malfunction happening)? Imagine clicking on that item (and autonomous, especially for neat personalities), and sim will auto-pilot on a vacumming spree with the animation of a mop. This would of course be those modern-standing looking ones

Top Secret Researcher
#9590 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 1:57 AM Last edited by StrangeTownChick : 12th Dec 2018 at 4:05 AM.
There IS something like that, @SneakyWingPhoenix. I'll link it when I get the chance.

Edit: Link is here .

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#9591 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 6:08 AM
As I am sitting here sewing straps on white ballet slippers for Son #3 (he could totally and normally would do it himself, but . . . they came in today, he got out of rehearsal at nine-thirty pm, and call is eight am tomorrow for the first show, yay Nutcracker! so I sent him to bed), it seems to me that since we have a sewing machine in the sims, and we have Rebecca's lovely knitting needles, it would be really excellent and probably possible to mash them up and have a sewing by hand mod/cc item.

Or I could just be sleep deprived, sewing white slipper straps, expecting five inches of snow by morning . . . and wouldn't a snow shoveling mod be cool, too? Have to shovel the snow before they could get their cars out of the driveway!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9592 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:12 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 12th Dec 2018 at 12:47 PM.
I think the ticket machine needs a nerf, as it can easily be exploited as a counterfeiting machine. Should either become hard as running a restaurant or take certain factors in (especially accordingly from customer Sim's personality + the activity/objects the venue provides) so not that all Sims can be sold to the idea of staying in the most mediocore recreational things or atmospheres.

Oh, a hack that enables the interaction of reading mysteriously mysterious book for Sims with a certain logic skill autonomously.

What If you could choose whether to following a sim to the group outing they been invited or stay with the rest of the sims? If the latter, random motive will be fulfilled or If it's an failure "Fun" will be plummet down with the returning sim affirming the outing went horrible with a decrease in relationship with the host.

Lab Assistant
#9593 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM
I would love to see some more different mailboxes. I was going around the town one day and i saw many people having these kind of rural-y mailboxes, and i thought they would look great in the sims as well. Sadly i'm noob in meshing ;; (Images are from Google)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9594 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:36 AM
Mailbox covers other than Windkeeper's would be pretty cool. Or decorative ones overlaying an invisible mailbox, though that might cause some weird hitbox issues when trying to click it.

Field Researcher
#9595 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Rented-space recently made a DR of the social bunny with a 3t2 conversion of the imaginary friend, and theraven made a custom version of ja-viera's conversion of the imaginary friend doll, so if a mod working like modder described was made we could have proper TS3-style imaginary friends for TS2! Alternatively keeping the actual social bunny's outfit for that bear-in-a-bunny-costume would work quite well, and I'm sure there are bear costumes that could be used as the default for any standard teddy bear... with some well placed GUID checks and multiple outfits for the NPC to pick from different "teddys" could even be able to spawn different-looking imaginary friends.

Quote: Originally posted by Radium
You could also use global 44a (inventory - visible - add item) followed by 44b (inventory - visible - get item) to ensure kids get to keep their exact same teddy bear, attributes and everything, instead of just giving them a lookalike decoy.

Coming from the "how would you fix witches" thread, we came up with an idea for a spell for children where their teddy bears could be transformed into imaginary friends. Obviously this would require enabling magic for children, which would be another mod entirely, but some sort of way to create "imaginary friends" in TS2 would be AWESOME!
Forum Resident
#9596 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
Coming from the "how would you fix witches" thread, we came up with an idea for a spell for children where their teddy bears could be transformed into imaginary friends. Obviously this would require enabling magic for children, which would be another mod entirely, but some sort of way to create "imaginary friends" in TS2 would be AWESOME!

Glad you liked my idea.

I'd like to see a lot more carnival and boardwalk midway style objects and decor. One thing that i think would be really cool would be based off the barber chair, where kids (and parents, I suppose... why not?) could sit and get made over, but instead of a new hairstyle, they'd get a random face mask. It'd be a face painting station! It'd make use of some of those face masks no one ever uses. The tiger... the blue and purple flowery thing... And...umm... other... things... which no one ever uses.

TS1 had that whole midway setup, and that was kinda fun. It'd make for a great beach lot, with a boardwalk and maybe a pier... Getting a little starry-eyed, just thinking about it!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#9597 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 6:37 AM
Speaking of imaginary friends, I had the idea and suggested that child should be able to customize (CAS) their imaginary friend. Maybe (other than the obvious prompt whether the I.F. should spawn) should only be available when the child is well raised (platinum) during toddler hood to be gifted.

Mad Poster
#9598 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 7:37 AM
Aw no. Imaginary friends are available for everybody.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9599 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Glad you liked my idea.

I'd like to see a lot more carnival and boardwalk midway style objects and decor. One thing that i think would be really cool would be based off the barber chair, where kids (and parents, I suppose... why not?) could sit and get made over, but instead of a new hairstyle, they'd get a random face mask. It'd be a face painting station! It'd make use of some of those face masks no one ever uses. The tiger... the blue and purple flowery thing... And...umm... other... things... which no one ever uses.

TS1 had that whole midway setup, and that was kinda fun. It'd make for a great beach lot, with a boardwalk and maybe a pier... Getting a little starry-eyed, just thinking about it!

-gE
>=)

I included a makeover chair in my carnival lot for exactly that purpose, only of course you have to select what you want. I have often wished there were more full makeups around that were face paint.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#9600 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 8:16 PM
Not to be pedantic, but it wasn't really "your" idea, lots of us in the thread contributed and developed it! It would be cool if this project got the attention of anyone who knows how to mod so it would one day be possible, since it looks like there's enough interest for it. Of course, I don't want to pressure anyone to work on it since I know taking on a project is a lot to ask and I certainly wouldn't want to add to anyone's plate especially during the holidays.
Page 384 of 580