Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:18 AM
Default New Creator Challenge: MTS2 is 5 years old soon!
Almost 5 years ago, I registered the modthesims2.com domain, and a few days later, started the site (on the CMS system e107). The first news item was posted on the 14th May 2004, and you can read it here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=30929

When I first opened MTS2, I wanted it to be a place of modding excellence, and to have people who knew a lot about the various modding systems, to write tutorials and also tools. We've seen all this and more happen here, as well as multiple site designs, a few major changes (like switching from e107 to vBulletin when e107 couldn't handle 1000 people online, and revamping downloads at least twice), and splitting off both the adult content and the social content to other sites. We've added many more features - MTS2 is not just another forum with downloads - which include customised creator profiles, various ways to view the downloads, among other things.

All in all, MTS2 has gone from strength to strength since those early times, and even though the site has gone away from my original vision (I hadn't intended to offer normal downloads) it's still the largest free fansite out there bar none in terms of traffic and size.

MTS2's fifth birthday is celebrated on the 14th May and I would like to open up the downloads section to any "5th birthday" uploads that you, the creators, come up with.

Since the site is 5, and getting on a bit, we've decided on a post-apocalyptic theme in the style of Fallout (50s style, but grungier), however, since that theme obviously doesn't appeal to everybody, we are going to do this challenge slightly differently:

Section 1: Post Apocalyptic theme, Fallout 3 style.
Section 2: Normal "5th Birthday" theme.

Note that, when uploading, there is no "5th Birthday" challenge theme - I want you to all upload your items in the normal categories, but all uploads must be marked "To celebrate the 5th Birthday" in the first few lines.

I hope you all have fun coming up with various clothes, objects, walls, lots, and whatever else you want for the 2 different themes. Have fun!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
17 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:21 AM
AIGH! The alpacalips is nigh!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Anime Addict
#3 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:30 AM
Hahaha, I can't wait to start on this... Is gonna be EPIC!!!
Fallout 3 inspired Buildings all around... hmmm, Tenpenny Tower maybe...
Great Idea Delphy

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:43 AM
Default Lets give a big hand to Delphy!! Thanks very Much!
Hey all. I just want to say thanks a lot to Delphy for creating this site . He really deserves it. The site absolutely amazing and he's put up with us for over 5 years! I would just like to say, Delphy, My game would not be the same without you!
Delphy you are one awesome dude!

Signed A True MTS2 fan

Conor_wilson

P.S I'm definetly entering the Apocalypse. What a stroke of luck! I was watching Core, Deep Impact and Apocolypse Movies last night! How about a Nuclear bunker? Not sure if its fallout 3 (never played it!) but it is apocolypse right. Anyways. Well Done delphy!

"Fragile. Do not drop." -- Posted on the side of a Boeing 747
Banned
#5 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:48 AM
Happy B-day! mts2
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:58 AM
jon: It's not the birthday yet - we'll be having other birthday news on the day.

Banned
#7 Old 4th May 2009 at 10:04 AM
I'm gonna make a photobucket card for the b-day news.
Wiki Wizard
#8 Old 4th May 2009 at 10:41 AM
Woo, this is an intriguing challenge, i think i am going to make something birthday related because frankly i have no idea about post-apocalyptic fiction styles of buildings and objects! I look foward to creating for this!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#9 Old 4th May 2009 at 12:03 PM
I will try to build some interesanting lots for this challenge.I can't believe that's almost five years since this site is created.Also,it's five or six years since sims 2 come out,and I still remmeber sims 1!
Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 4th May 2009 at 2:09 PM
Yay! I have already made a mesh set for this and i am about to upload

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Zombie Socks
#11 Old 4th May 2009 at 3:58 PM
Post Apocalyptic theme? I love you Delphy! I love you forever! :lovestruc

While my inner grunge fan has an explosion of happy, I shall open SimPE because I am determined to get something in this time!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th May 2009 at 4:01 PM
Wow I feel old.. I remember when sims 1 came out...of course I was like in 4th grade but still!! I look forward to seeing everything that you guys make! This is gonna be awesome for my apocalypse hood. Happy almost birthday MTS2.

DONT make me sniff your shoe!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th May 2009 at 5:04 PM
I love the apocalyptic challenge - I'm waiting for the creations :-D And I love this site, Delphy ;-) and all the fantastic creators. Let's celebrate!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th May 2009 at 5:38 PM
Great challenge themes :D

Just wondering, post-apocalyptic may be many things. Does it have to be retro-futuristic like Fallout 3? (Not that I'd mind that at all, I'm a great fan of the whole series) I'm just thinking there may be other versions for those who are into sf, for instance.

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
#15 Old 4th May 2009 at 6:53 PM
Happy Birthday, ModTheSims2.com!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Forum Resident
#16 Old 4th May 2009 at 11:03 PM
Wow, this place is already 5 years old? That makes this one of the oldest forums I'm a member of. Definitely one of the best. I love Fallout 3 stuff, can't wait to see what people come up with.

Here's to 5 years of excellence, and another 5 years ahead!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th May 2009 at 1:03 AM
O.o Wooooow! I can't believe MTS2 is already five years old!
I've been trying to figure out what to upload lately (Sims only, I fail at making textures and I dun have a mesh program XD). I might make someone from Fallout 3! I love that game so much. I love Sims2 so much. Together they'll rock harder than a boulder! ;D
I only hope bodyshop will open before the 12th. D:< Ever since I installed BV, bodyshop's been going slower than molasses. -_-'

AAAAAAAAnywho, LONG LIVE MTS2! :D

All hail the admins. May they live forever in a wonderful garden full of pixel dollies and gumdrops and gummy bears and candy and love!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th May 2009 at 3:32 AM
MTS2 is almost 5? Wow! That is so cool! (sort of. I never say any thing that makes sense) I may or may not upload something. It's 10:35 PM at the moment so I'm low on inspiration for now...until I go to google image.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th May 2009 at 10:08 AM
Quote:
All hail the admins. May they live forever in a wonderful garden full of pixel dollies and gumdrops and gummy bears and candy and love!

Oh dear god... *runs away screaming* I don't think I'd want my *entire life* to be about this site. :P

Scholar
#20 Old 5th May 2009 at 2:02 PM
Cool 5 years old already? And i know this will sound dumb but...can i do something zombie-outbreak for the apocalypse challenge cause as much as i love fallout 3 i think it would take to much cc to do most of the stuff for it..Plus i love zombies XD

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th May 2009 at 7:30 PM
Anything apocalyptic-esque is fine. It doesn't have to be strictly Fallout 3. Grungy dirty broken rotting etc. is all good.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#22 Old 5th May 2009 at 9:32 PM
WOOO!!! This site has come a long way! I didn't even know about it till i searched google. THANKS GOOGLE! :google:

got to go. Homwork to do... See you all later!
Scholar
#23 Old 5th May 2009 at 10:24 PM
Yay hello zombie outbreak!

Yes My Avatar Is Of Two Guy's Kissing!What Are You Gonna Do About It?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th May 2009 at 2:37 AM
*me thinks about what to upload* :O

Edit: also delphy, I wanted to thank you personally for turning me on to meshing. without your wonderful site, i never would have gotten into 3D graphics, and I wouldn't be planning to attend college with a major of Comupter Animation and Game Design. You have drastically changed my life for the best, and i wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful gift you and mts have given me. :luvstruck:

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:36 AM
Rapsheba, don't think me - thank the wonderful tutorial writers here and the people who help out day in day out.

Page 1 of 3