Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:13 AM
Default dog litterbox
I have an issue in a house I downloaded where the pets can't use the outside stairs. I'm looking for a dog litterbox so the dog doesn't have to go outside. Also, I think it would be cute to have a dog litterbox or something similar since I know people who use them for their small dogs in condos.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:03 PM
There is no doggie litter box that I know of. Can sims use the stairs? It's possible you're missing a file for them, especially if the stairs are not Maxis, but custom. You can remove them and place Maxis stairs. I'm not knowledgeable in how the game works, but replacing something from a download would be my first option. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:19 PM
I've looked for you, but I can't find it. ATS has a great set of homeless or really poor animal things. The litter box is a couple of newspapers. I wish someone could convert that so doggies could use it, too.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
There is no doggie litter box that I know of. Can sims use the stairs? It's possible you're missing a file for them, especially if the stairs are not Maxis, but custom. You can remove them and place Maxis stairs. I'm not knowledgeable in how the game works, but replacing something from a download would be my first option. (:

Yeah sims can use the stairs! They're maxis stairs and I've tried deleting and replacing them a lot. I think it's something to do with the foundation, if I delete the foundation it says I can't place it again. Thanks for looking around for me!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 7:17 PM
Are they spiral stairs, and is it a large dog? Large dogs often get stuck at the top of spiral stairs.

Litterboxes for dogs are a new one on me, but perhaps if you look in the codes for pet articles with SimPE, you'll find out what's done to make a pet item dog-only, cat-only, or universal.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Are they spiral stairs, and is it a large dog? Large dogs often get stuck at the top of spiral stairs.

Litterboxes for dogs are a new one on me, but perhaps if you look in the codes for pet articles with SimPE, you'll find out what's done to make a pet item dog-only, cat-only, or universal.

They're actually the modular steps leading out of the house, the porch steps. It is a large dog though.

I've never tried looking into modding an item, but I have a bit of coding experience so I might be able to understand at least a bit
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 10:25 PM
You might be able to use the pet drain in a small bathroom. http://modthesims.info/d/210454/upd...prevention.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
I have an issue in a house I downloaded where the pets can't use the outside stairs. I'm looking for a dog litterbox so the dog doesn't have to go outside. Also, I think it would be cute to have a dog litterbox or something similar since I know people who use them for their small dogs in condos.
Is it one of those houses with the tiny two click foundation? If so, large dogs can't use those.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Is it one of those houses with the tiny two click foundation? If so, large dogs can't use those.

I don't think I know what you mean. As far as I know, the house is just on normal foundation.
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
I don't think I know what you mean. As far as I know, the house is just on normal foundation.

The foundation height is 4 clicks(or 4 stair steps) by default, but some houses are built on 2 clicks foundation(such foundation cannot be done in game, you'll need Grid adjuster to do it), like some of Mootilda's lots. It is known thing that large dogs(and maybe wolves) cannot use 2-click height modular stairs.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
The foundation height is 4 clicks(or 4 stair steps) by default, but some houses are built on 2 clicks foundation(such foundation cannot be done in game, you'll need Grid adjuster to do it), like some of Mootilda's lots. It is known thing that large dogs(and maybe wolves) cannot use 2-click height modular stairs.

That’s interesting. I remember a stray cat could get up the steps and not down them. I think the steps are 3 steps high.
Theorist
#12 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:29 AM
Huge Lunatic's Simple Passage steps HERE are supposed to work with pets on lowered foundations if that helps.