Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 5:45 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 20th Sep 2011 at 7:26 PM.
Default **Resolved** Creating a new morph group with Milkshape
I'm running into a problem animating the gate on a crib and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I can't find a tutorial for it. The animating tutorials I've seen don't deal with morphing meshes and the body shop tutorials I saw with morphs only show how to edit existing morphs not how to create them.

I exported the GMDC on a Maxis crib and tried to re-create the information on mine but it's not working. I duplicated the frame group I want to move and moved the duplicate mesh into the new position, renamed the group and edited the comments to match up with what's on the Maxis cribs. It looks like it should work (to me) but it doesn't. When I export it using the UniMesh Exporter it doesn't retain the morphs.

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? I've attached the Milkshape file just in case that would be helpful.

ETA:
Resolved. In addition to adding the relevant morphing information to the comments of the morphing groups, you need to add morphing comments to your regular stationary group as well. So to sum it up:

Extract the GMDC of the object your cloning and import it into Milkshape. Answer yes to the question, Do you want to create blend groups? That makes the morphing groups show up so you can copy the names of the groups and the comment information. You can then use all of that information to create, re-name and add comments to your own mesh. Export using the UniMesh tools like usual to retain the morphs.