Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 11:40 PM Last edited by HeartDeco : 3rd Mar 2008 at 6:54 PM. Reason: To Remove File from Downloading
Default Adding a Cushion (Subset) to a Dining Chair - Help Please
I have a chair to which I have added a separate seat cushion. The chair was a bare wood chair with no other parts. The cushion now has it's own texture, been mapped and imported back into SimPE. I added the MMAT (with new family name hashed) and TXMT and there is an entry created for the cushion in the GMND. The cushion is not picking up the texture, so I assume that something is not correctly linked. Where do I go from here?

Thank you so very much,
Debra/HeartDeco
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 2:56 AM Last edited by HeartDeco : 1st Mar 2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: To Post Update
I believe I have fixed one problem with the texture not showing. It was missing the cushion entry in the Shape file. Anyway it shows up in the game now so I guess it is OK so far. Now I need to see if it's recolorable by itself as a subset. Will post an update.

Update: The cushion part of the package does not come up as a separate subset for recolor, only the chair is recolorable. So something is definitely not linked properly in the package. How do I fix this?

Thank you for your help,
Debra/HeartDeco
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 1:38 PM
Hi Heartdeco

Without looking at your package its harder to guess. Have you added the subset to the geometric node? If not, then add that.

If its not that, then go through the adding a subset again to check and double check that everything is as it should be. Especially the overrides. Check all the names are present and correct.

If its still not working I suggest you upload your package here so someone can take a look for you.

Good luck
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 5:28 PM Last edited by HeartDeco : 4th Mar 2008 at 5:10 AM. Reason: To Remove File from Downloading
I made an entry in the GMDC, GMND, TXMT, MMAT and SHPE files. I will check the entries for errors, but in the meantime I will upload my file.

Thank you MummySim for answering my query.

Debra
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 9:07 PM
ok, Ive looked at your package and youve not put in the new subset to be recoloured in the geometric node.

Put that in and you should be fit to go.

best wishes
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 2:57 AM Last edited by HeartDeco : 4th Mar 2008 at 5:11 AM.
Greetings MummySim,

Thank you for taking a look at my package. I had already made an entry in the GMND for the cushion, it is item #0x3 on the drop-down list. Right now I have 'cushion_green = (Array) 0 Items'. I do not know what else to put in the arrays.

Thank you so very much for your help,

Debra

Update: I understand now and the package is fixed and recolorable for both subsets. Thank you again.