Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 8:57 PM
Default Invisible pool light won't stay in invisible when it is turned off.
Hi, I cloned an invisible pool light and this invisible pool light looks good with light on. But When I turn this pool light off in pool and this pool light became visible. How do I fix this pool light to stay in invisible when it is turned off? :confused:

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2006 at 7:57 AM
The update is that I found out that this invisible light became visible at daytime. How do I fix this light to stay in invisible when it is turned off or by daytime? :confused:

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Part-time Hermit
#3 Old 27th May 2006 at 8:44 AM
You could try posting your light here as an attchment and I can take a look, in case I could figure something out.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2006 at 8:53 AM Last edited by pfish : 27th May 2006 at 8:56 PM.
Here is this invisible pool light. I hope it can be fixed. If this light is successful to be fixed, I would like to know how is it being fixed.

Part-time Hermit
#5 Old 27th May 2006 at 3:18 PM
It seems you have removed the material definition for the unlit state of the glass. You probably need to have that in the package, and have it made invisible also. The lit and unlit states have their own material definitions, and if you only change one of them invisible, the other one is still going to stay visible .
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th May 2006 at 6:19 PM
That's a problem I've had with any outdoor light. The unlit txmts and txtrs anen't included in the package. They're probably in one of the objects.package files located at C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 or Ep\TSData\Res\3D.
Part-time Hermit
#7 Old 27th May 2006 at 6:45 PM
When I tried cloning that lamp, I got the unlit materials just fine, though .
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th May 2006 at 8:52 PM
I did a test using the newest SimPE and selecting the cloning options starting from the top. I didn't get the unlit txmt until I selected the "Pull #STR-Linked Resourses" option so that's probably what you need to do.
Part-time Hermit
#9 Old 27th May 2006 at 9:22 PM
That option should be left selected as a default, yes.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
It seems you have removed the material definition for the unlit state of the glass. You probably need to have that in the package, and have it made invisible also. The lit and unlit states have their own material definitions, and if you only change one of them invisible, the other one is still going to stay visible .

I did not remove the material definition for the unlit state of the glass. I selected the "Pull #STR-Linked Resourses" option and this time, unlit glass did not have any texture image to recolor again this time. Rather than explain some more words, I made few pictures here to explain clearly.

The first picture is that did I make right choices on these choices?

The second picture is that there are only two image textures and six definations. Unlit glass did not have any image to recolor. :confused:
Screenshots

Part-time Hermit
#11 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 1:54 PM
The material definitions for the lit and unlit states share the same texture. Have you tried if it stays invisible now that you have the unlit TXMT included? I'm guessing that when it was not included in the package previously, in the unlit state the lamp defaulted back to the Maxis original. I recommend you try making it invisible again and see if it works now.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
The material definitions for the lit and unlit states share the same texture. Have you tried if it stays invisible now that you have the unlit TXMT included? I'm guessing that when it was not included in the package previously, in the unlit state the lamp defaulted back to the Maxis original. I recommend you try making it invisible again and see if it works now.

Thank for helping me with this problem. I updated my SimPE with family fun stuff. I finally made my invisible pool light to stay in invisible when it is turned on. I don't know what did I do to screw my pool light three or four times before. Either I screwed it up before or Updating SimPE did solve this invisible problem. Maybe not. I guess it will be a mystery to invisible problem. I uploaded it today. I am glad I got invisiblem problem fixed up. Thank you, eddief66 and IgrnorantBliss. :D