Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:50 AM
Default 3D Max -> Milkshape -> SimPe -- help?
Okay, so I created an object in 3d max, great - I textured it in 3d max as well, thinking it would be easier than UV mapping. I got it into milkshape (.3ds, .obj) (but I don't see the texture). I continued and still exported it (Attempted) Sims 2 Unimesh Exporter, and then X-Sims Unimesh Exporter.

Is there a proper way to export this structure from 3D max, into Milkshape, and then from Milkshape into simPe? I've honestly tried so much, and it's getting difficult...

I really want this in my game, please help me
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 8:22 AM
There's no need to work with X-Sim to import static mesh in TS2
What i do usually, is to export from max to SimPE in OBJ extension.
In MS i'll fix the scale, rotation and positition of the mesh, and then export it as obj, again.
in Simpe, just replace the existing mesh with the new one.

just take a look at this tutorial

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 4:11 PM
Thank you, I'll try that - also, does anyone know a way to UV Map on a planar grid? because flattenting the image... isn't really working for me - like the object is a bit too difficult to just layout.. so I was wondering if there was a way to UV map the full structure (planar grid) as mentioned before thanks