Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:04 PM
Also keep in mind that CAS mask textures have a diffrent setup on the channels then the mask for objects.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#27 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 4:07 PM
Actually, they don't. EA use red, yellow, pink and alpha for CAS content, and red, green, blue and alpha for objects - but you can use RGBA on CAS content, or RYPA on objects, and it works fine. I guess the CAS team and the object team just had different habits.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#28 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 1:46 AM
Uh, yes they are....
CASp are layered diffrent:
While the first channel is always ''completly''(When RGBA is used the first(R) channel must have a cutout same size as the alpha channel.) white(R) the 2nd(G) and 3rd channel(B) are colored on top of the red channel and will overrule it.(R is overruled by G and B while G is overruled by B.)

Object mask textures do not work this way, on those each channel must not interfear with others.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#29 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:08 AM
Bloom that isn't strictly true always for objects. It depends on a "blend" setting, which I don't understand entirely how to use, and is mentioned in about 3 different places, including the xml and the TXTC. But if blend is true, then an area of the mask that is >0,>0,>0,>0 will have all 4 channels bleeding through each other. If false, then only the pattern on the 4th channel will show (override) on that pixel.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#30 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:31 AM
Exept that i never seen any objects use a CASp mask setup or vice versa.
Since i started with creating CASparts i assumed objects would use the same setup and although they work without any problems my creations got rejected on TSR for not following that setup.
The reason i found out btw
#31 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:35 AM
Yes I am sure there are usage conventions, like the team who made most of the casparts had their preferences and the team that made objects had a different preference. But it's good to understand all the possibilities that the game will accept, to allow flexibility in creating.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sockpuppet
#32 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:45 AM
Tell that to the people on TSR lol
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Oh it just occurred to me - with the dresser anyway - Furballvie, you *did* remember to edit the mask didn't you? To give it an alpha channel where you want pattern D to show? If it only has red, green and blue channels, it will of course only show the first three patterns in the game. Although TT3 makes it possible to enable that 4th channel, it will always be up to the creator to edit their images appropriately, as no tool can guess which areas of your mesh are intended for which channel.

yes, that's what I did and I kinda expected the 4th color slot to "magically" appear once an alpha channel would be present in the mask - but alas - it never is that easy, is it ^^

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Also tick "enabled" on pattern D

which program do you mean? in TSR WS there is no pattern D available at all, while in TT3 I see the option but cannot select it and when I try to "upgrade to 4 channel CAST table" it crashes ^^
Sockpuppet
#34 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by furballvie
in TSR WS there is no pattern D available at all, while in TT3 I see the option but cannot select it and when I try to "upgrade to 4 channel CAST table" it crashes ^^

3 to 4 recolor option is at the top of the texture tab in TSRW.
Always worked fine for CASparts, just update the mask with a alpha channel and change the format when saving(DXT5interpolatedalpha)
Alchemist
#35 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
3 to 4 recolor option is at the top of the texture tab in TSRW.
Always worked fine for CASparts, just update the mask with a alpha channel and change the format when saving(DXT5interpolatedalpha)
I may be mistaken here but it seems like furballvie is trying to create an object (dresser) with 4 recolorable channels. If so is a texture tab for CAS parts going to help?...isn't that a tab for clothes and accessory kinds of things?
Sockpuppet
#36 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
I may be mistaken here but it seems like furballvie is trying to create an object (dresser) with 4 recolorable channels. If so is a texture tab for CAS parts going to help?...isn't that a tab for clothes and accessory kinds of things?

He/she wants to do both, see post 23.
Little confusion but i mentioned it was for CAS.
Alchemist
#37 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
He/she wants to do both, see post 23.
Little confusion but i mentioned it was for CAS.
Sorrries for the confusion. You responded to this quote "in TSR WS there is no pattern D available at all, while in TT3 I see the option but cannot select it and when I try to upgrade to 4 channel CAST table it crashes" but answered about a CAS tab so I was just trying to clarify what you meant. I don't use tsrw so I wasn't sure if you meant CAS tab in that tool worked for CAST items or not.
Sockpuppet
#38 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:04 PM
I know.....

I don't know with wat program furrballvie uses to clone and make the edits to the object packages.
If he/she uses s3OC/s3PE updating a package with TT3 shouldn't be a problem.

TSRW however needs the xml files to be updated aswell, otherwise the 4th color option will not show.(it will ingame but not in TSRW)
#39 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 24th Feb 2012 at 1:38 PM.
TT3 does update the XML.... and it appears to make it show in TSRW as an *extra* object!!! (Going by the other similar thread)

Page 2 of 2