Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 9:59 PM
That's pretty close to the colors I chose too...lol!

Your're welcome...I'm glad this worked for you
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM Last edited by matrixx : 22nd Jun 2010 at 8:17 PM.
Really good choice of colors indeed
Didn't have time yesterday to finish the package, but today I'm trying.
Did you try the same instructions for second and third default pattern combination too?
I have a problem (in both second and third default) after I delete the two materials, and copy the third to replace them: After I've changed the Pattern A, Pattern B and Pattern C to their corresponding places and try to change the RGB values, they change together. Meaning that if I change colors of pattern A, also patterns B and C change the same typecode by themselves. They must be somehow linked.
I'm thinking that would I try to solve the problem, all would I release an object where second recolor is "all white" and third "all yellow", as they look really nice too against a colorful wallpaper

edit: I think I'll be happy with the colors I have now. It doesn't matter so much, which kinds of recolors it has, as the purpose is to let user apply any pattern/color they like

edit2: oh no, the upload wizard gives me a blank page when pressing "next" in the section 9. Have to try again some other time :/
Alchemist
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 11:49 PM
I never tried to change the default patterns on the second or third defaults. I simply deleted them since all I wanted was an object that looked fine in the game and a single default change got me that. I just deleted the other two default patterns so the object has only the single default choice. I figure downloaders will want their own patterns anyhow so why clutter things up with choices they probably won't use anyhow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 7:01 AM
That's a very good point, never thought deleting them all.
I'm still interested how to replace the default colors with patterns, if I want to go that way with some other object. If you can give instructions to do that, I would be very very happy
Alchemist
#30 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:08 AM
I can try...do you have an object you'd like to apply patterns to like this? The clone you use has to have that solid material the painting you just worked on did for this method to work I think. Others may know another way that allows you to use clones that don't but I've never seen that discussed anywhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 7:29 AM Last edited by matrixx : 27th Jun 2010 at 3:12 PM.
I don't have any other objects yet, I'm waiting for the painting to get accepted first, before trying anything new. I'm quite neewb in releasing here, so I might have messed up my upload (hopefully not).
We could try to that same painting if that method works for it
Though there is no hurry now, cause I'm going to family cabin during Midsummer holidays and will be back on Monday.

edit: ok, then painting got rejected. A shadow was a bit too small for her/his taste and she/he didn't qualify three colorful rectangles as a painting. The shadow I could fix, but if three rectangles is not a piece of modern art, then I'll just keep it in my game only, and yours orangemittens
Page 2 of 2