Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 1:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Object referred to must be a person" mid-birth - stuck in an infinite loop of births
My sim was due to give birth, and mid-birth came up with this error message:

Object id: 712
name: N006_User00000 - Mélanie
Stack size: 11
Error: Object referred to must be a person.
Iterations: 127

If I reset her, she resets and goes through the loop of giving birth again. A sim portrait for a baby appears, but it is nowhere on the lot and can't be interacted with in any way. She gets stuck in an infinite loop of that unless I use InTeen or the SimBlender's pregnancy options to terminate the pregnancy.

If I delete her, save and go back to the lot using Batbox's Enable Controls to save and some shenanigans, Mélanie resets just fine, but is seemingly stuck in a pregnant state. The portrait for the baby exists, but again, the baby is nowhere to be found.

As far as mods are concerned, I have the usual list of Pescado's, InTeen, some BoilingOil fixes, and ACR are the big ones. I can try to compile a list on request if anything stands out.

I intend to just go through my usual 50/50 CC with my scripts and see what exactly is causing it, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post here in case anyone can identify what's going on, or if anyone else has this issue in the future.

Full crash log can be found in this pastebin.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on, or has anyone gone through something similar? I'm assuming it's down to weird conflicts and I'll have to toss some things out. Thanks very much for having a look.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:33 AM
The last couple of items in the error log refer to a baby want. Does she have a locked baby want? I would try either rolling it away or manually filling it before she gives birth.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:54 AM
Do you have No Sim Loaded? If so do you have Smarter EP check with it? If you install NSL without the other file you will get a glitched birth.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
The last couple of items in the error log refer to a baby want. Does she have a locked baby want? I would try either rolling it away or manually filling it before she gives birth.

It was her husband's want. Tried it and no luck - here is the paste of the error log given even with the want fulfilled. I'm assuming it might be something to do with a mod affecting all of those interactions/wants.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have No Sim Loaded? If so do you have Smarter EP check with it? If you install NSL without the other file you will get a glitched birth.

I indeed have No Sim Loaded, but I also have Smarter EP Check, so shouldn't be having problems. Will try to toubleshoot around those.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 10:09 AM
Hey guys, just posting to let you know that I figured it out! After running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, I realised I was using an old version of MidgeTheTree's Step-Parent Baby Want mod that conflicted with TwoJeff's (I think it was TwoJeff's?) Baby Wants fix. I downloaded the new version of MidgeTheTree's mod which incorporates both mods and deleted TwoJeff's, and now Mélanie can give birth in peace. Thanks so much for your help, everyone!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 11:40 AM
Glad you got it fixed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#7 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 2:22 PM
Good to hear you got it figured out!