Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:15 AM Last edited by Afroshero : 13th Jun 2019 at 9:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] Recoloring Paintings in UC Causes Strange Glitch
Hello,

I tried looking this up and not sure what to type in to find out what this is. I use to recolor paintings before I had UC with SimPE and everything worked fine.
Now when I recolor them, they do this strange thing where when zoomed out it's the original picture, and when you zoom in, it's the recolored picture.
I'm including a picture to show you what I mean. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 7:48 AM
Wtf..... never seen this before.. have you tried clearing your cache files and thumbnails to see if maybe your game is for some reason displaying old data?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 10:22 AM
You probably used the import texture function and didn't update sizes. On a distance, the game shows one of the smaller sizes, and if they don't have the right texture, they show the picture you used as a base.

I recommend using dxt 3 or 5 for any recoloring in SimPE because it gives a better quality result than import, and updates all sizes for you.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 10:49 AM
Paintings apparently use different textures at different distances. That's how these changing haunted paintings were made.
http://modthesims.info/d/215431/4-n...ix-request.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 6:51 PM
Thank you all for the replies!
@Modder. Yes, I cleared out my cache files and still had the same problem.
@simmer22. Okay, I'll test that out and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
@RoxEllen1965. Makes sense.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You probably used the import texture function and didn't update sizes. On a distance, the game shows one of the smaller sizes, and if they don't have the right texture, they show the picture you used as a base.

I recommend using dxt 3 or 5 for any recoloring in SimPE because it gives a better quality result than import, and updates all sizes for you.

Excuse the double post, but I did what you said and it works! Thank you so much! Off to go fix up these glitched paintings! :D