Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird Outfit Glitch
I have some kimonos that are not showing up for young adults. In Wardrobe Wrangler the YA box is ticked and if opened in SimPE it has 58 (YA, A and E). I checked for doubles of the outfits that might be conflicting, as I have altered them in WW, but there weren't any.

Does anyone have any idea what might have gone wrong?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 9:37 PM
might check if the content is available in Bodyshop's sim parts section; Young Adult "selected". if it is, might like re-clone the content then remove the older version.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 2:27 PM
No, it isn't available there either.
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 3:47 PM
Maybe it's a silly suggestion, but perhaps there's something off about the categories and flags or a problem with slaved textures? I once downloaded an outfit that wouldn't show up anywhere until I realized that they were incorrectly flagged (everday separates categorized as purely formal and hidden for Body Shop and CAS, for example) and another time it was due to a wonky texture file.
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 11:17 PM
if it was the "flag" line, the clothing would be absent for all its ages.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 10:27 AM
I wondered if it was a problem with the Happy Holiday kimono it was a recolour of, as some people have had problems with that stuff pack, but the HH kimonos show up fine for YAs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 3:57 PM
Haven't solved the problem, but now I have a new problem that I figured I might as well put in the same thread.

In the attached pictures the veils look fine for adult (and YA and teen), but with the black or grey edges and lack of transparency for elders. The elder veils are not separate from the adult ones. Does anything know what might be wrong with them?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 4:04 PM
It's either the transparency setting and Bodyshop's refusal to show transparency when it's set to none (but usually it still shows fine ingame), or the alphas are entirely white, or the elder stage has some other wonky TXMT settings. Open them up in SimPE and see if they have the white/grey square transparency background, and compare TXMT settings.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 8:42 AM
Ok, the alphas aren't entirely white. They have the transparency background in SimPE. What TXMT settings should I be looking at?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 12:25 PM
Maybe compare all the settings in the Properties tab and see if there's anything different between them. It's possible the stdMatAlphaBlendMode setting is different, but it could be another setting. The setting in the cMaterialDefinition tab should also match up between them. And check all the TXMTs betwen the elder and adult hairs, not just one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:40 AM
Found it, thanks!

For anyone else having the same problem: Under TXMT - Content - Properties two of the frames were set to stdMatAlphaTestEnabled: 0. They should have been set to 1.

As for the kimonos, I'm baffled.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 12:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Jun 2019 at 3:10 PM.
That makes sense. It allows for simple alphas, just black and white.
(Forgot about that setting, despite using it for half my own projects...)