Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 6:27 AM Last edited by a_tg : 28th Apr 2019 at 7:10 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default random perma-plat status
soo i've had this issue for a while and i've always thought it was a glitch? it's making this neighborhood basically unplayable (but, like, because it's just boring)

my problem: my sims are randomly achieving "reached platinum lifetime aspiration" memory for seemingly doing nothing. children are reaching it. it makes the game incredibly boring when a child gets perma-plat, forever, and nothing can budge it. it's extremely frustrating.
i do have the batbox debugger and i've tried to turn off perma-plat status that way but it never sticks if it works at all. (i'd say 2/3rds the time it doesn't work at all and the remaining 1/3 it only works for the duration of my time at the specific lot or in conjunction with the set AspirationLevel command cheat)

apparently a cause??: sims 2 free time changed/added a secondary aspiration meter? that when filled, your sims will perma-plat? is that correct? because it's awful?????

the only fix: a mod by someone named Dizzy from the laden swallow or something? had a mod called perma-gold? but every link i've ever found for this is dead or now, currently, adware disguised as chrome extension add-ons, which was fun to run into.

regardless of what this is, i really want to stop it!! as i mentioned above, it is unbelievably boring and frustrating to be locked in perma-plat for having done nothing but dared to actually fulfill daily wants if the freetime thing is true (i'm playing on the complete collection)

EDIT: oh! i just found the FFS Debugger that has a lifetime want remover option. can anyone confirm if it's compatible with the complete collection and/or doesn't interfere with InSimenator or batbox mods? afaik "Apartment Life" is the version best suited for the CC?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 7:40 AM
The ffs debugger is the batbox. It's compatible with everything.

Yes, the problem is the Lifetime Aspiration meter, which was apparently designed in complete ignorance of how many people play according to their sims wants.
Cyjon has a Slower LTA gain that makes it take longer to go permaplat. There's a No LTA Permaplat mod by someone who's name I can't remember how to spell, whose site is defunct, but someone has a bundle of her mods around here somewhere. Ask in WCIF.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 10:13 AM
Cyjon has "Fragile Permaplat" which makes permaplat sometimes break if fears are satisfied.. Freetime users will also need his Peace of Mind Fix and either LTA Platinum Fix or Slower LTA Gain. (All linked from the download page for Fragile Permaplat.)

http://www.cyjon.net/node/345
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
Every hour, during aspiration decay, this mod examines playable sims on the lot. If a permaplat sim is brought below platinum status by having major Fears realized, this mod will remove permaplat status and display a message to inform the player.

In this new version, permaplat WILL be lost if the sim's Lifetime Aspiration (from Freetime) is maxed out. The mod also reduces LTA points to prevent permaplat from immediately recurring.

Each age band has wider aspiration bands than the ones before, so it's harder to break permaplat in older sims. Elders cannot be driven out of permaplat by any single Fear I know of, though experiencing a major Fear followed by a minor Fear can be enough to break them. Adults can be broken by any of the 5,000-point Fears such as death of a loved one. Children and teens who manage to get permaplat, typically through wishing for Peace of Mind with the genie lamp, can be broken by smaller fears, though I'm unsure of the actual minimum value.

WARNING: There are several cases where the game depends on the hourly permaplat check to fill the aspiration meter for newly-permaplatted sims. However if you use this mod, it will break new permaplat before the bar can fill. To prevent this, FreeTime users need Peace Of Mind Fix and either LTA Platinum Fix or Slower LTA Gain.

If you use something like the batbox or SimBlender to make a sim permaplat, be sure to also increase their current aspiration level to platinum. Otherwise this mod will simply break permaplat at the next hour.

LAST UPDATE: November 1, 2011

REQUIRED EPs: University

COMPATIBLE EPs: All configurations from University through Apartment Life.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 12:10 PM
Slower LTA Gain + Fragile Permaplat are a good combination. I find most sims at some point will lose their perma plat due to "Recent tragedies" Not that there had been any tragedies and they were all happy as could be when the pop-up came so it appears randomly out of nowhere. http://cyjon.net/node/345 http://cyjon.net/node/404 Most of mine don't reach perma plat until YA-A with the slower gain mod. If you don't use a longer aging mod it probably won't happen until well into adulthood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 9:50 PM
lmao well i'm an idiot, i guess i've had the batbox for so long i completely forgot its file name is ffsdebugger

but thank you for the responses! slow LTA gain + fragile permaplat seems to have done the trick, it was too late for my current/old family to stop the LTA from maxing out but when i made a new family the LTA bar on the side remained less than half full up to adulthood
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2019 at 3:44 PM
For anybody who's interested - Simler90 released a mod not long ago that also makes it more difficult to reach high aspiration levels and more difficult to recover from aspiration failure. (I use Simler90's mod with Cyjon's LTA Platinum Fix and Fragile Permaplat. I don't use Cyjon's Slower LTA Gain.)

http://www.modthesims.info/d/626220...ailure-mod.html
Quote: Originally posted by Simler90
Aspiration Failure Mod.
This mod effectively makes reaching higher levels of long-term aspiration much more difficult. This also means that your sims will find it much more difficult to unlock Lifetime Aspiration Reward points, and obviously will find it much more difficult to reach maximum long-term aspiration which gives permanent platinum aspiration. Don't forget that only Young Adults and older can go into aspiration failure.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 11:57 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 7th Jul 2019 at 11:58 PM. Reason: readability
Resurrecting to fill in some of the blanks here...

Using just the batbox to break permaplat works only for LTW-caused platinum. When you try to use it to break LTA-caused platinum, the game will automatically restore the sim to platinum status within a sim-hour...and will keep doing it every sim-hour after that.

The mod that Peni is referring to probably is kestrellyn's No LTA Permaplat. I haven't used it, but I hear often that it's a surefire fix for this issue; kestrellyn specifically accounts for the above problem too. That would make it the only known mod (please let me know if I'm wrong!) that can ensure sims never become permaplat just from filling the LTA meter. (Though it's true as was noted that some of the other solutions, like Cyjon's Fragile Permaplat, will effectively break LTA platinum eventually, once it's achieved.)

FYI, Cyjon's LTA Permaplat Fix doesn't slow down LTA gain or change LTA Permaplat once it's achieved---it's just a minor bugfix for how the aspiration bar is filled at the time that LTA permaplat is reached.

In my game (with all my usual mods in), Dizzy's Permagold mod seems to have no effect on platinum status achieved through the LTA meter---it affects only the kind achieved through LTWs. So even with that mod in, LTA permaplat sims stay platinum all the time. Maybe Dizzy didn't account for the game's hourly check to "fix" LTA permaplat?

A strange side-effect of Dizzy's mod also is that because it checks so frequently on whether it should drop an LTW-plat sim to gold aspiration, it actually makes LTW-plat sims less happy overall than sims who haven't reached their LTWs yet! For example, a married couple of mine dates often, but now only the wife, who's not yet achieved her LTW, stays plat for a couple days after. Her LTW-plat husband is automatically moved back to gold in the hour after the date by Dizzy's mod, even though he shared the same dream-date experience.

(Dizzy did have many other great mods, so if anyone's looking to check out his collection, a thorough archive of his AL versions was provided by ilikefishfood here.)

Finally, if you just have a few specific sims getting their LTA bar too full (and don't want to install kestrellyn's mod for whatever reason), you can edit the LTA level for each sim directly in SimPE. Once you have pulled up the sim you want to edit, in their Plugin View window, go to the FreeTime tab. The value you want is in the box that's marked "Lifetime Aspiration." It's not completely self-explanatory because the box only takes hexadecimal values, but you can Google for a decimal-to-hexadecimal converter and then enter the hexadecimal value you want the bar to have. Just make sure you only change the four characters *after* the "0x" part in the box!

(Sample numbers for the LTA bar: At 30000, or 7530 in hex, the bar is full; in my hood, where I use double lifespans and Cyjon's Slower LTA Gain, my recently graduated or nearly graduated sims [who started the hood as new toddlers] have values around 21000, which is 5208 in hex. And although it's not true for all bars that sims have, like motives bars, in the case of the LTA bar, 0 actually = completely empty.)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/