Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#13376 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:29 PM Last edited by gazania : 3rd May 2018 at 6:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
When I saw using a hotel at a university 'hood mentioned I thought that's something I haven't tried and did it straight away as well. I was a little concerned when a holiday family arrived with a teenager, (teens risk aging up at a university 'hood) but there was no problems whatsoever. Had my YA book a room and she was sent off to class from the hotel, returned as normal and everything ran exactly as it should, although it did cost her §615 for one night's accommodation.

If you grab the latest Globe (CJH_GlobalSculpture(Pets+).zip =1.18mb), the included instruction includes a direct link to the latest pregnancy controller as well as links to other stuff that makes use of the Globe. That also includes the new underground railway so your sims can actually catch a train between sub-hoods.

I am sure SOMEONE has tried it (I truly, truly doubt that I'm the first in almost eleven years post-BV!); just that any mention of doing it doesn't easily come up on Google. And to me, it makes sense. The game generates a couple of cute professors from time to time, and I've had students occasionally ... err .... schmooze a professor to boost grades, or simply, the two are attracted to each other. I've had students marry professors after graduation. It would seem logical that a student and a professor might sneak off somewhere for a private tutoring session between classes, then the student catches the class ... or misses it .

This is starting to sound like a soap opera!

Even if you use it only occasionally, a motel/hotel in a Uni makes sense in a hood as part of the lots there. I have not had a student and a main-hood Sim sneak over there yet. I will try that later. Tried it. Some limitations ... those are in the proper Hotel thread. Nothing that would make the place unplayable.

For now, I would not make a hotel/motel in Uni first. Sometimes, weird things can happen if you mix lots. I used a main-hood motel I've made for my game and used for years. I know it works! The picture only shows part of it, by the way, and I was trying to (unsuccessfully) show that the red signs were up on the room doors, signifying that vacation Sims had checked in. I used the in-game camera. Oops.

Also, I have not run the hood through Hoodchecker yet. Ran Hoodchecker. It's the usual stuff. Nothing odd. Still need to take one of the main hood Sims to the motel with my college student and see if anything weird happens there. Check the age of the main hood Sim before and after the rendezvous. Did that. Got the same results as Chris. The main-hood Sim did not age. That's good.

While Chris' trying this is extremely comforting (and NOT someone with knowledge posting instead, "Oooh ... you cooked your hood!"), I personally cannot guarantee this won't do anything nasty to a Uni hood or the hood in general. The old advice holds ... back up your game from time to time, and keep the pre-hotel hood somewhere safe, away from the game, just in case!

I'm off to grab the updated Globe myself. That thing has been so, so useful; both in checking to see any evidence of hug-bugging, and to clean up a motel/hotel from time to time because even if you try to build one correctly, you need to do a little tidying up with the lot once in a while.

Oh, and thank you, mdsb759, for my giving a Uni motel a try in the first place.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Theorist
#13377 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
That also includes the new underground railway so your sims can actually catch a train between sub-hoods.

Well, this sounds very intriguing. Will definitely have to log-in to your new site (it's been a while) and see what I've missed.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#13378 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 9:23 PM
What is with this stupid glitch that randomly gives my sim money out of nowhere? Their income just increased to like an additional 20k for seemingly no reason.. I am playing a legacy and this is making it too easy. It must've happened before, because I could've sworn I only had 9k. With the additional 20 added, my sims look like I used the motherlode cheat.
Mad Poster
#13379 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 9:43 PM
Motherlode would have added 50k.. The only 20k I know of, is the money sims receive when in the family Bin...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13380 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmingSince7
What is with this stupid glitch that randomly gives my sim money out of nowhere? Their income just increased to like an additional 20k for seemingly no reason.. I am playing a legacy and this is making it too easy. It must've happened before, because I could've sworn I only had 9k. With the additional 20 added, my sims look like I used the motherlode cheat.

Donate it away, family fund it away, gift it away. Myself I would use Monique's computer and donate it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#13381 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:26 AM
about $20k; kaching 20 times I think would be equivalent. if I am remembering the value of kaching correctly.
the family funds cheat could be another cheat to get 20k.
Mad Poster
#13382 Old 1st May 2018 at 1:01 AM
But she's not cheating, it's happening without her knowledge or consent and that's the problem.

I think the only thing you can do is to follow Jo's advice about divesting the cash and keeping an eye on the net worth, in order to develop some sense of when it happens, so that you can start troubleshooting. It's probably either a mod, or some vanilla code that you don't realize you're activating. Once you know the conditions that cause it, you'll be halfway to figuring it out and preventing it, either by taking out a mod, or by putting one in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#13383 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:12 AM
So I want to change the appearance of several Sims of my hood, mostly from townies and service Sims, it is safe to change the following ones? : Cheerleaders, Maids, Gardeners, Nannies, Bartenders and all that services (including the Gypsy). Newspaper and Mail deliverers. Cashiers, baristas, and the Professors, coaches from the Uni.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Mad Poster
#13384 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:29 AM
No idea on who is safe and who isn't, but a heads up if you plan to makeover NPCs. Quite often they end up with an invisible face next time they arrive on a lot. If you make them controllable (assuming it's safe to do so) and send them to a mirror to change appearance just to bring up the window, their face comes back and stays back.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13385 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:38 AM
I would avoid making selectable those that spawn on the makeover chair, I read somewhere they are possibly not safe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#13386 Old 1st May 2018 at 5:22 AM
Does the terraintype cheat always make the textures glitch out? I've used it a few times but when I do I get textures overlaying each other or streaks/bands. I've only tried switching from desert to lush and it scared me so much I deleted the hood (they were only building hoods with no buildings, or I would've poked around a bit more haha)
Link Ninja
#13387 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by srtv
So I want to change the appearance of several Sims of my hood, mostly from townies and service Sims, it is safe to change the following ones? : Cheerleaders, Maids, Gardeners, Nannies, Bartenders and all that services (including the Gypsy). Newspaper and Mail deliverers. Cashiers, baristas, and the Professors, coaches from the Uni.

Here'z ones I've changed with no issue and they kept their new hairstyles/facial changes:
-bartender
-waiter
-cashier
-barista
-cheerleader
-professor

the one i did try to change but never stuck:
-host
-Dj

the others i haven't tried to make over.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#13388 Old 1st May 2018 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But she's not cheating, it's happening without her knowledge or consent and that's the problem.

I think the only thing you can do is to follow Jo's advice about divesting the cash and keeping an eye on the net worth, in order to develop some sense of when it happens, so that you can start troubleshooting. It's probably either a mod, or some vanilla code that you don't realize you're activating. Once you know the conditions that cause it, you'll be halfway to figuring it out and preventing it, either by taking out a mod, or by putting one in.

Thanks, haha. I am glad someone understood what I meant. It was a glitch, not done on purpose through cheats. Yeah, never heard of that donation mod. Sounds like it's worth checking out. For some reason, family funds was not working either so I dealt with the problem by buying a few expensive objects and then forcing errors on them. That took care of the problem for now, but I will consider getting the mod in case it happens again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13389 Old 1st May 2018 at 9:03 AM
Monique's computer is wonderful, but the original was a bit dated. There are a couple of new sets made using her code.

http://sigmundsims.tumblr.com/post/...acked-computers It does all kinds of thing including paying bills, taking out loans (with heavy interest) learning badges and skills, shopping for anything.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13390 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:09 PM
I must admit that I feel a little stupid. I downloaded some new formal wear but know that my sims will not use it unless I command them to (and in winter the will change from outer wear to casual even if they did leave home wearing formals). But was'nt there a small mod for that? A sign that can be placed at an restaurant to show the guests that "We do have a dresscode here" so to speak. Anyone remembering this mod? Did it work fine and where was it avalible? I do not recall where I found it, as it was years ago. I did read on Simbology the Visiter Controller can no the same thing but I do not want that mod.
Mad Poster
#13391 Old 1st May 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I must admit that I feel a little stupid. I downloaded some new formal wear but know that my sims will not use it unless I command them to (and in winter the will change from outer wear to casual even if they did leave home wearing formals). But was'nt there a small mod for that? A sign that can be placed at an restaurant to show the guests that "We do have a dresscode here" so to speak. Anyone remembering this mod? Did it work fine and where was it avalible? I do not recall where I found it, as it was years ago. I did read on Simbology the Visiter Controller can no the same thing but I do not want that mod.

Of course, it was from Simlogical.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Dressing.htm

Scholar
#13392 Old 1st May 2018 at 5:39 PM
Oh yes, that's right! Very, very helpful. I did remember how the website looked but could not remember the name.

I just want to ask one more thing before I use the mod (as I could not understand the description) :

"You need to click Activate on the sign's menu to start it off (means you can use the room for other purposes at times). The current family are not included by default unless you choose for them to be on the object's menu. Should work in any type of location".

So my sims have to go there and then I active the sign and set it so that they also changes clothes, is that correct? And that has to be done every time I want formal wear?
Mad Poster
#13393 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:41 PM
I am not sure, but i think That's it. I do not think you need to set it everytime though. Once your sim is in the list, it should work until you turn the sign off...

Scholar
#13394 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:45 PM
does incest such as first cousin marriages corrupt the game?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#13395 Old 1st May 2018 at 7:55 PM
No. It makes your family trees complicated, that's all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#13396 Old 2nd May 2018 at 12:39 AM
For the unemployed turn on, does the game consider someone unemployed still if they own a business?
Mad Poster
#13397 Old 2nd May 2018 at 12:42 AM
I think it does actually...since this is the title a sim still gets under his skill/job panel, when he becomes a business owner.

Alchemist
#13398 Old 2nd May 2018 at 1:03 AM
are collars the only pet content that can be custom? or can any of the other pet content (coat colors, eyes, marking options, etc) also be custom?
if the later, how?
saw a tutorial for collars at Sim Resource's wiki.
Mad Poster
#13399 Old 2nd May 2018 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
are collars the only pet content that can be custom? or can any of the other pet content (coat colors, eyes, marking options, etc) also be custom?
if the later, how?
saw a tutorial for collars at Sim Resource's wiki.

I'll send you too, to the same link...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...910#post5309910
And yes apparently it is customizable. (I do invent words)
baby pet markingz..eyes, furrr...yummi.

Mad Poster
#13400 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:19 AM
I'm on Classic site theme and whenever I go into a creator's profile and click on 'all downloads' or any category of download it comes back with an error message about 'Sorry, no downloads could be found for that search!'. If I switch to Bootstrap it works fine. Is this likely to be a glitch that they'd fix or are they trying to force us into Bootstrap whether we like it or not?
Page 536 of 1345