Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#76 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 10:30 PM
Petchy14, The "history" of the Sims 2 has been there for ages, on the wiki.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/index.php?title=Timeline

This page was last modified 22:29, 14 May 2007 by Sims2Wiki user Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#77 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 10:37 PM
The currency won't matter.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 1:29 AM
I donated - thanks to all who make this such a fantastic site
Test Subject
#79 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:47 AM
I donated too. You all asked in such a classy way, I couldn't resist :-) Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 5:24 AM
i donated last time and still see the banner, does that mean you didn't get my donation?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#81 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 5:54 AM
blackde, the banner shows up for everybody becuase it's coded that way.

Alchemist
#82 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Not at all. I'm an ancient.

* wes_h blinks

Well, some of the remaining olde phartes here remember you well, and this one wonders why you let 2-1/2 years go by between posts.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 7:21 AM
Actually, ignore my previous post - the donation banner should not appear to those people who have already donated for this current donation drive. Can somebody who has donated confirm this? Thanks

Test Subject
#84 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 7:36 AM
Just a few thoughts...

It's been mentioned that some sites are still supporting Sims1. This is true. And in Other Games, some other sites are still supporting Unreal Tournament 1999 edition!!! The Sims2 still has life left in it.

Yes, The Sims 3 will be out in a year or so, but at least 30% of the people reading this will need to wait 6-12 months following the release to buy a computer good enough to handle the new game. And I'd guess at least 12% of the people who will have good enough computers will wait 2 months, just for the patches to be released!

Delphy, I'm sorry to see this great site go into retirement. It's been my primary site for downloading content for almost 2 years now. I found this place in March 2005, and by May this was always my first stop. What little custom content I have made has been posted here exclusively.

I'll put some cash into my PayPal account tomorrow, Delphy. I was out of steady work for a very long time and couldn't donate in the past. That's why I almost never posted for so much of my time on the site. I felt ashamed for being such a leech. Now that I'm back in the workforce, I want to make up for that.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 8:10 AM Last edited by Simsane : 11th Jan 2008 at 9:00 AM.
Delphy and missaaliyah, thank you both for responding to my question. I don't see a blue box on the Home page. I use Mozilla but when I opened IE and came here I did see the box, but only until I logged in -- then I couldn't see it anymore. I can see the box that's in Delphy's first post though, so thank you. I sent more to help, I get paid tomorrow and that'll be my treat to myself. :-) I have loved this site for three years now and have told everyone I talked to about the Sims2 about this site. I hope it keeps going long after the Sims3 comes out since I don't intend to buy the Sims3 anyway.

Also, Rgiles, I know you don't know me (I'm just one of the downloaders) but I do remember you! Welcome back!

Oh and Delphy, I never did see the donation banner, even when I forgot to put my screen name with my first payment.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 8:03 AM
Ads are no problem,i just wanted to say the ads are so well organized that i dont even feel like theres any ads!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#87 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 9:33 AM
Rustavius, the site isn't retiring. I am, but I am not the site. It'll still continue running as normal

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:25 PM
the donation banner is gone since I donated.

(Thanks for throwing me the Line when I lost sight of it, your the only reason I can exhale)
LMP
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 2:55 PM
Oh ok, I was just wondering because in the starting post it said

"Edit: People who donated in the last drive wont see the banner, nor will MTS2 subscribers. If you still wish to donate you must use the donate page. "

just made me nervous ya didn't get my donation last time. No worries.
Instructor
#90 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 3:23 PM
Actually, Sims3 getting out has it's advantages. It means that all the EPs for Sims2 will get a bit cheaper with time, and _that_ means I can finally buy them and use all the great CC that uses OFB or other EPs I don't have yet.

And I just love MTS2, and the whole community that develops around Sims. I love that people invest so much time into making modding tools or keeping a huge site like this one running.

I think I donated a bit some time ago, but I just threw in another shamefully tiny amount.

Here's to hoping modding animations will be easier on Sims3! I miss all the great new meshes and animations that were around on Sims1.
Test Subject
#91 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 4:36 PM
I don't have much to give.. being in debt currently.. ^^;; But I did mage to contibute, and I know every little bit helps. This is.. the only site i've ever done this for, so.. oO Hopefully it's good. I just don't feel right taking and not giving back at least something. ;3 Here's to another year, and wonderful speech.
Test Subject
#92 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:18 PM
Hi, sad to here your leaveing.But i have a question. I just saw the items you have for sale. The thong was pretty funny. Does a portion of the money go to the site too? I wish i could donate.But currently i have no job.Currently looking too! wish me lots of luck.I've been looking for awhile. After you've had kids and no skills it's hard. So get a degree in something. Sorry i'm rambeling!I hope this site never goes claploowy. I love this site!
Test Subject
#93 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:39 PM Last edited by bspearman37 : 11th Jan 2008 at 9:09 PM.
I have the same question as kellygirl above. I just purchased the MTS2 sweatshirt and long sleeved T-shirt. I hope a good part of that purchase goes back into MTS2. If not let me know and I will donate again.

On another note, I love to see the site is not too far from it's mark!!! This community is fantastic!

PS. I donated again anyways. Didn't feel that only $5 bucks that was donated the first time truly reflected how I enjoy this site. But I would still like to know if anything of my purchase at CafePress gets back to MTS2.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:56 PM
Thank you for the timeline link Delphy, its a blast from the past for me.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 7:44 PM
I was glad to see there was another method to donate besides paypal. I was in the process of making my credit card donation but the form would not compleat without entering my phone number. As I get way to many junk phone calls already I am reluctant to provide that info. I know for a fact that my phone number is not necessary for online credit card transactions as I do this all the time. If you make the phone number optional I'll glady donte
Scholar
#96 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 9:19 PM
No banner for me. I have donate this time, before and regularly and not yellow banner. :D

RGiles it's good to see you again ! I remember a kind answer about SimPE and genetic when I just beginning the game. :p

With the bar on the first page it's seems that just 500 § (sorry 500 $ ^^) is lacking. Bravo !!!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 10:26 PM
Dam, I wish I could donate. I love this site to pieces and I love you Delphy. You are awesome and I wish I had even a tiny amount of your talent.

I hope a site like this springs up for sims 3 eventually.

*hugs mts2* You guys are all fantastic

The ads don't bother me and I don't mind having them to help keep the site running (since I cannot donate!!)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#98 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:05 AM
Purchases from CafeExpress (or Amazon, if you use the link) give a small amount of $$ to MTS2 - and you get the goodies.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:46 AM Last edited by gbreez : 12th Jan 2008 at 4:21 AM. Reason: Worked this time, sort of.
Worked this time, sort of.
I made a small donation through PayPal but I am still getting ads, requests for money, and no icon. I have been giving whenever I can and will probably give again soon, but, if stuck with the friggin' ads, would at least like to see the icon. Am I being too picky? Oh well.

The first donation was made in mid-December. I just made another one and this time the banner disappeared when I entered the site. Hurray!!! I still get the ads and still have no icon, but what the hay! Love this place and do not mind a bit giving a few bucks whenever I can to keep it going. :lovestruc
Alchemist
#100 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Actually, ignore my previous post - the donation banner should not appear to those people who have already donated for this current donation drive. Can somebody who has donated confirm this? Thanks

Almost immediately after donating in this latest round, the donate banner disappeared.

Not a complaint, but an observation:

I still get the UGO button in the banner (which is OK). I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the site, other than being some sort of weird people celebrity oriented stuff.

But when I hover the mouse over thebutton, the cursor changes to indicate it is a link, but what it is linking to is not visible in the status bar in IE7. I usually don't go to sites that are linked this way because mostly they are pr0n sites or want me to buy something that is guaranteed to improve the size or efficiency of some vital body part or another.

Worthwhile sites usually don't cloak their identity.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Page 4 of 6