Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 4:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My employee won't listen!
I've only hired employees a couple of times before, and not for years, so I can't remember if this is usual or not. I've hired an employee for my home business and set her to tidying up. She's been at it for hours and getting more and more fed up, her little circular plumbob thing getting redder, and my poor business owner is chasing her round trying to tell her to take a break or give her a pay rise, but she won't stop to listen!! She just power-walks to the next spot to be tidied! I have a similar problem with toddlers who want to play with the building blocks or whatever instead of being held so the parent just gives up. What do I do? I really don't want her to quit, and I don't want to send her home because there's a lot needs tidying!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 4:45 PM
I cannot give you a permanent advice, but I can give you a temporary fix.
Use the sim blender or another hack, and max her motive. Just once. She will then be comfortable and in a better mood so she might actually stop. You'll be able to interact with her, give her a raise.
She will be quite happy about the raise.
About your toddler, this is a known annoyance with the activity table. By the time the parent is ready to interact with the toddler, the toddler decides to go back at it. What I will do at times, is to tell the toddler to stop playing with the table, and direct him/her to..*go here* and chose a *here* that is close to the parent. The *go here* interaction takes no time to end, and cancels right away when the parent is ready to interact with the toddler.
But any interaction on the activity table takes too long to end when you cancel it. The toddler knows a parent wants to hold him/her, so he/she prepares to leave the table...but it takes too long! The parent has chosen another activity by then...lol So the toddler goes back to the table and the circus continues.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
About your toddler, this is a known annoyance with the activity table. By the time the parent is ready to interact with the toddler, the toddler decides to go back at it. What I will do at times, is to tell the toddler to stop playing with the table, and direct him/her to..*go here* and chose a *here* that is close to the parent. The *go here* interaction takes no time to end, and cancels right away when the parent is ready to interact with the toddler.
But any interaction on the activity table takes too long to end when you cancel it. The toddler knows a parent wants to hold him/her, so he/she prepares to leave the table...but it takes too long! The parent has chosen another activity by then...lol So the toddler goes back to the table and the circus continues.

When there's a possibility of an action taking so long that the other sim's action cancels out of the queue, I pause the game and queue up that same action again so it's listed at least twice in the queue. This way, when the action times out, the sim immediately tries the same action again.

In the OP's case, add "hold toddler" or whatever to the parent's queue two or three times. When the first one times out waiting for the kid to get off the activity table, the parent sim will run the next one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:35 PM
Thanks guys! I tried exiting without saving and that did the trick. Yes, I do that with the toddler but it is very frustrating!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
When there's a possibility of an action taking so long that the other sim's action cancels out of the queue, I pause the game and queue up that same action again so it's listed at least twice in the queue. This way, when the action times out, the sim immediately tries the same action again.

In the OP's case, add "hold toddler" or whatever to the parent's queue two or three times. When the first one times out waiting for the kid to get off the activity table, the parent sim will run the next one.

Yes! true that. I use this trick for *Greet Name of sim*
Sometimes, the walkby will stop waiting for my sim to get down there and greet them, so yeah.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)