Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 11:03 AM
Default Y-Chromosomed Neighbourhood
Well, meet the two new little bubs in town...

Skip Broke, the son of Angela and Dustin Broke:

And Matthew Dreamer, the son of Cassandra and Darren Dreamer:

Both boys, which means I have to send them to college to find a sweetheart :eviltongu

The Pleasant house is going great. Daniel & Mary-Sue are both elders now, Daniel has 3 loves and they are both getting there in their hall of famer dream. They have a dog called Otis and now, a grandson called Skip! I have shamefully neglected the Oldies so they are now great-grandparents. Lolz, I wonder if there is a memory for that.

This was so cute...Angela was pregnant and waiting at the upstairs bath tub for Otis to come for his bath, and she rubbed her tummy! I've only ever seen Sims do that with a hack, which I don't have. Totally unexpected.

Meet two of my gen. 2 teens:

Isabella Langerak, daughter of Don Lothario & Kaylynn Langerak (the baby a few posts up loz :P)

and Simon Goth, son of late Mortimer Goth and Dina Caliente:

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:29 AM
LOL i love what you are doing with your challenge hood meggie. I love Ples'view, its always refreshing to see how others play it.
With the preggie sims if they are 'idle' they will rub there bellies or backs..its so cute to watch.

Now for my own hood, i haven't updated it a while LOL

Loki and Circe Beaker had one baby, a daughter named Gem

Ajay and Erin Loner ended up having 5 children LOL 2 girls Lacey and Keira and then 3 boys Jack, Derek and Austin.

Lazlo Curious married his sweetheart Crystal and they had two girls, Zoie and Lily.

Nervous Subject married the towns lover Chloe (who has many loves LOL) they had two boys Oliver (named after Olive who died the day before he was born) and Glarn (Named after Chloe's father).

General Buzz Grunt married Lola and they had one daughter, Phoebe. She is the apple of her dads eye LOL. Her brothers have all moved out and are starting lives of their own.

Pascal Curious-now Singles (who was pregnant at the beginning) had a very beautiful daughter, who was named Skye (because of where she came from). Pascal married Kristen Singles (who adopted a daughter named Jassi). While dating Pascal, Kristen fell pregnant and gave birth to a daughter, named Blair. The couple tied the knot when Blair was a child.

Vincund Curious ended up falling in love with Kristen's adopted daughter Jassi, lucky for him the feelings were mutual. Jassi and Vincund had 3 children, twin boys Leif and River, and a daughter Freya.

and last of all
Johnny Smith married his darling Ophelia and they too had twins Cam and Cleo.

SO far there have only been two deaths, Olive Spector and Polli Tech Smith. Both are sadly missed. Pwah..thats all i have for now LOL

my stories:
Something Lost
#78 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:38 PM
I may try this out. =) I really love the Brokes and the Goths, though I haven't really played with the other families. I may have to skip the Pleasants since I kinda messed up their family. Long story.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:52 PM
I am kind of doing something like this already. Except that I downloaded HP all in one neighborhood. So I have all of the ep. I thought it would be cool to play all the hoods since they are linked together. All I can say is that Don has so many ladies is all the hoods. LOL.
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 1:02 AM
Oh, I guess I've been playing this challenge without realizing it! I'm playing HP's uber megahood, and it's been challenging to say the least to go through each family!

Just a little something of what's going on in my megahood:
1) Totally psychotic Circe Beaker is unleashed on my hood...
2) Loki Beaker discovers farming using alien seeds...
3) Nervous Subject is suddenly rich and lonely in the Specter house and makes an unpleasant discovery...
4) Gabriel Green unleashes his inner Lothario and finds love, while Chastity Gere proves that her name is a joke.
5) Jessica Peterson snags herself another rich man...
6) Ophelia Nigmos and Johnny Smith check out Sim State University...
7) Florence Delarosa needs a man STAT!
8) The Tinkers struggle with their toy shop...
9) A lesbian couple out themselves (It's the Viejos)
10) The Martins need to attend gamers anonymous...
11) Jules O’Mackey loses her virginity...
12) The Curious household plus one baby (and an undercover nanny)
13) Someone take care of the Grunt kids!
14) Sharon Wirth catches her brother-in-law straying...

And tons more ;-) Am having a great time playing, but it gets crazy keeping track of everyone...

Currently playing HP's Uber Megahood - check out http://simstate.wordpress.com
Scholar
#81 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:20 AM
Eee looks like we've got some new neighbourhood players...

Simstate - OHMYGAWD I would totally download that if it weren't for the fact that my computer would go up in flames. Sounds so fun.

Leospride - pics? pwetty pwease?? Sounds like your doing excellently.I got nightlife and free time! Yay! So I have been playing NON NON NON STOP discovering all the new features.

I finally played the Oldies, after neglecting them for a long time. They don't have a memory for great-grandchild. :eviltongu

Herb is very happy that I got nightlife, he can spend his last 10 or so sim days going on dates and dancing slowly with Coral.

Prepare for spam of the cutest teen couple in the world. That's Isabella Langerak and Simon Goth. Awmygod they are just...well, it's true simulated love. Tariq Caliente and Sara Dreamer-Goth are romancing as well.

/end spam

Didn't Isabella turn out nice? Her half sister Sara looks identical to her, pretty much.

Also, Brandi's looking like a character out of The Bill...

Half of my sims are criminals and half of them cops, pretty much, with a teacher, musician and slacker on the side. LOLZ :P

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:15 AM
HAHA i don't really have may pics as i never really intended to post any LOL. But will post what i have and take more as i continue to play.

When i started the first thing i did was make-overs (and i did start to document it, but got bored of it LOL)
The 'Singles' girls, not long after they moved into a VERY cheap house

from left to right Lola, Erin, Kristen and Chloe.
Kristen was the only one to stay at the house, which has now changed dramatically!

Kristen's adopted daughter Jassi and her first birthday in her 'new' home

Erin and Ajay (now both elders) hit it off very well and very quickly!

(they also make some of the best looking kids, esp the girls!)

While Nervous Subject and Chloe took a bit longer they eventually got married (Chloe hated ever minute of it LOL)

Proud dad General Buzz with his only daughter (who is now a child) Phoebe.

Vincund and Jassi's twin boys go from babies to toddlers (they are now teens)

and then have a race to the potty (after they were taught to walk)

I know there is no cheating...and i usually dont...but i go so sick of the bin been kicked over at the Beakers place, i ended up watching for the culprit.
After i made her pick up the mess i drained her energy...to which she feel asleep standing up. So i left her...she was there for DAYS and ended up needed more then just sleep LOL

my stories:
Something Lost
Scholar
#83 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:54 AM
Thanx
Your sims look so pretty...can I just ask where you got the singles girls hair? I need some more hairstyles, I only have about four cc ones and therefore all my sims have the same hair
Once you start downloading you become snobbish towards maxis stuff...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
#84 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 4:51 AM
Okay, I'm pretty far into the game, probably about a quarter *lol* seeing that there are so many families in Pleasantview I've had my hands full.

The Goth's

Morti married Dina and they had one child together named Elisabeth. Mortimer died shortly after the baby's birth so there wasn't time for another lil heir to the goth name.

Cassandra married that sexy fink Don and now they're the Lothario's so that'll be further down the page.

Alexander is just muddling through private school, he's an A+ student but the only real friend he's managed to make is Dirk Dreamer, he hasn't be able to get in touch with any of the other town characters yet... though that will change once he goes to college.

Elisabeth is growing up so fast, she's already a child and quite pretty and bright. She's got brown hair and eyes... weird, not sure how that happened but genetics! I guess Dina's not a natural blonde. Elisa is in private school as well and coping nicely with the ghostly manifestation of her various ancestors. Morti has paid her a visit, so far no on has peed themselves so I think that's a good run.

The Lotharios

Cassie and Don have thus far, two children together. Andrew was the first born and Miranda was the second. Cassie is preggers again and OMG Don got abducted and now he's pregnant too! Once the family is finished popping out youngsters we're gonna have a very stir crazed romance sim. He's cheated on Cassie so many times that I don't know what the heck Cassies problem is. He's been very lucky, VERY. She's blind and deaf I guess, he's woohoo'd in the hot tub out back while she was sleeping, made out on the couch again while she was sleeping. I'm just waiting for the day he slips up!

The Oldies

They're broke, they had nothing. They weren't even in love when I moved them into one of the cheaper homes! Of course that had to be changed, they couldn't afford two single beds so a little flirting and what not and they were the cutest darned couple that came to visit the other families. Herb and Coral are really sweet together, it's a shame that they've both passed on, leaving a small insurance inheritance for family and a kitty that Coral gave to Lilith the day she passed on.

The Brokes

Brandi now has a job in the architecture tract, she's doing pretty well for herself, Dustin finally pulled his grades around and got to the top of the teen criminal tract and off to uni he went. Beau is growing up sorta punk looking so I think his family's preference for delinquency has rubbed off on him, even if he is the easiest guy to play *lol* Brandi's third son was named Justice *snickers* and she eventually married Dustin's criminal friend, the burglar Gordon King. I can't stand looking at him but their happy and in a nice big house so things are looking up for the "Kings" now.

The Burbs

This is the mad house. Poor Jenny has had two sets of twins. So there's Lucy, Sammy, Dean, Joanna and Jessica. And of course that slave driver John wants yet another baby, ten of them to be precise. He's not gonna get them, sorry, nope, can't kill the Jenny. She's been through a lot and needs to carry on with her carreer. Lucy is gorgeous, no one ever told me she grew up so pretty. I was quite surprised *lol* she's going to be heading off to uni around the same time as Alexander but right now she's best friends with Justice, even though he's just a kid she may end up 'waiting' for him and give up her usual place (from what I've seen) as the Goth heir mother.

The Dreamers

So sad, his Cassie gone for him forever. Well, he had to turn his attentions elsewhere and well... Dina Goth and he have been having a bit of a fling. Dirk likes to sneak out with Alexander instead of Lilith, so very strange. Oh, and Darleen's ghost is -Furious- with Dirk! I just gaped at her slamming her fist into her palm with the Dirk thought bubbled over her head. What, did he push her into the oven as a child? O.o

Caliente

With Dina gone off to the Goth Manor, Nina's been the busy little bird with the bees. She's had a daughter named Piper and she's currently pregnant with her second child, both are fathered by Don Lothario so yet, he's blood is taking over Pleasantview along with the Burbs! Piper is a shy little girl and very neat like her mom. Out of all the children she's the only virgo, I love virgo's They're so shy it's cute.

The Pleasants

Oi, Mary-Sue caught Daniel with Kaylynn, the maid and things just got ugly. She fired Kaylynn and with many apologies and two Sim weeks, she's still furious with him. But, at least they're sleeping in the same bed again, the couch was getting a Daniel imprint. Lilith has grown closer to her father and things between her mother, Angela and herself are still strained but not to the point she's a runaway threat. She even made a new friend, Lilith is now known as Lilith Pleasant the Nice Witch *lol* Angela got herself in a peck of trouble with Dustin, she had a child with him, Danny Pleasant that will be staying with Mary-Sue and Daniel while she's in college. Lilith is still going out with Dirk but it's a bit strange since she doesn't seem to really have any chemistry with him, but he's got enough for both of them for her. The twins are headed off to college and I'll have them complete their freshman year before other teens can start going too. I need to keep their ages about right so I don't have a bunch of babies going to school with the big kids :P

Okay, I think that's it... again I say Oi.
Scholar
#85 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 8:16 AM
That is great reading KerryAnne :P
I neglected my college families. So now Lucy Burb & Alexander Goth share a dorm with her little brother Scott Burb (and they are both in their freshman year) who she potty-trained. I shall put it down to a severe case of accelerated sim growth.

I gave Lucy and Jennifer the same hairstyle and they look surprisingly alike, while Scott is the spitting image of daddy.

John wants more kids but Jennifer says no. She's still working towards her ltw of earnign $100, 000 simoleans. Which might take a while, considering she's 16 days to becoming an elder and has so far made 10, 000 simoleans. Oh well.

Cyd and Brandi Roseland had a sweet little boy - NOTE, ANOTHER BOY! I have a Y-Chrosome curse. This means I've got three spares rattling around, (Derek Roseland, Matthew Dreamer & Skip Broke) and I really couldn't be bothered sending them to college to find a sweetheart, so I might break the townie rule.

Tons of babies in Pleasantview and 2 of them girls. Yek.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Forum Resident
#86 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 12:53 PM
I found the hack to do a college semester in a day unstead of the normal three. I plan to try that out. It'll make going off to college a little less painful for me. I always hate how long it takes.

The stories are all interesting. Keep it up. I do so like pictures though!

Vidcund's twins are actually a lot nicer looking that I would have thought. That is a great picture of them.

Sara & Tariq are indeed very cute.
#87 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 3:24 PM
Default Pictures of my Neighborhood woo!
First we'll kick it off with a funny picture at a sad time. Morti died and well, look at the hula girls... *lol*
HahaHula

Just before the wedding, looks like a good time ^^
Calm before the storm

Elisabeth Goth as a toddler
Sleepy Eyes

Grown to a child
Not a care in the world

Cassie really is blinded by love...
Queen of Denial

Cassie with Andrew just before they move to a bigger house, dragging daddy out of his one bedroom bachelor pad.
Sweet boy

I don't have a good pic of Andrew as a child, but here's Miranda Lothario with Magic
Don't break the kitty!

My pic sizes were too big so I had to link... gaw,, I'll post more as I take them and save them smaller!
Test Subject
#88 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 3:33 PM
A great challenge and so many interesting stories as well; i might have to have a go at this when i get the time
Scholar
#89 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 7:51 AM
Aieeee! Ciane, where'd you find that?
That would be so awesome, so instead of 24 long dreary days I could do eight days in college, and that would give them time to hook up with Allegra Gorey or Jane Stacks or whoever :P
Anyway, check out Lucy in college!

I hope her and Alexander's babies get her beauty and Alexander's brains That's her brother Scott behind, who is now in the same semester and dorm as her at SSU despite being 11 years younger than her and potty-trained by her! She looks like Jennifer as she gets older but Scott is the spitting image of daddy.

Brandi's a hardened cop, now a mummy of four boys. Cyd is now a getaway driver. Sometimes the criminal and the cop catch the same carpool to work. I wonder if Cyd has told her that he's an intern or something.

Cassie with her little boy, Matthew. He's looking a bit strange but it's probably ugly tod syndrome.

Sara and Taryn as teenagers. They are extremely purple. Must go shopping. Sara's all loved up with her excellent bf, Tariq Caliente. She's Knowledge and Taryn's Pleasure, lolz.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Scholar
#90 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 7:54 AM
Ooops. I just realised I posted the pic of cop Brandi twice. Oh wellz :P

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Forum Resident
#91 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 8:54 PM
The college semester can be done in 24, 36, or 48 hours depending on which you choose to download. Look in game mods on MTS2. I haven't tried it yet as I don't have uni on my new computer now. (It always took so long that I didn't like the lag time.) I downloaded the 24 hour version and think that it will work well when they start in fall and have the accelerated learning. By the time Spring rolls around, hopefully they'll have the skills needed and will just do their assignment before class and then write a term paper or encourage someone else to do it for them each day.
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Mar 2009 at 8:22 AM
Hello everyone, I started the challenge with the Strangetown Hood.

I generally play each family for a week of game time (Sun- Sat) and then switch families to keep it fresh.

So far I'm up to my third family...I'll give a quick overview when more things start happening, at the moment the scene setting is still in motion.
Scholar
#93 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 1:30 PM
Hey trinityseven If i EVER finish Pleasantview I'll give Strangetown a go as well, it's a great choice.

Today I played Sara and Taryn Dreamer, Cassandra's first twins. I love them They both have entirely opposite personalities (Sara a Virgo-type like Cassandra, and Taryn a sloppy outgoing active type like his daddy) and they still get on really well.

I finally got around to sending them shopping to get them out of the purple clothes they grew up in.

Sara ended up with a beautiful ponytail that I found on mts2 (I love it, it's so relaxed and un-perfect as many cc hairs are) and some nice yoga Teen Style clothes.

Taryn just thinks he's the ultimate catch, doesn't he!? He's only been on one date, which was with Amanda Go. The matchmaker wasn't too pleased with me for only giving her 750...It didn't go well.

Sibling love

Taryn aspires to be a Celebrity Chef (pleasure aspiration). Not the most promising start.

Sara wants to be a mad scientist, like her granddaddy.

Little Matthew's got a strange facial structure. Let's hope it's fugly tod syndrome. But him and Darren get on great. D's already teaching him to be a nerd...

"And, Matthew, E=MC2...)

"AWMYGOD! The sound of my step-son's awful and inexperienced piano playing is so horrible I must stick my arm through the wall!"

Lolz.Sorry for the long and silly post. I just had to share those pics.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Scholar
#94 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:46 PM
So I downloaded that university mod. Thanks for the ref, Ciane I got the 48 hour version, which I think will be gd, 16 days is bearable. So that means that my spares can go to college! Yay!

EDIT: OK, total noob question. I probably shouldn't be asking this in GC, but oh well...I am pretty good with downloading objects (hair etc) but I have no idea about hacks. Every time my game starts it comes up with this thing that says "Enable custom content, you will have to restart your game to see the changes" so I click "enable" and then restart and it comes up again! Do I just continue playing without restarting or what?

Oh, and I got some new default skintones, and they have changed the looks of my simmies drastically. But I like it.

Angela is pregnant with her second child. This was a silly idea, if it's a boy I am totally not saving. She hasn't popped yet though...Here's her reaction when she went to check out the new crib I bought for baby no. 2...

Note the hand on pregnant stomach.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Test Subject
#95 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 12:21 PM
Once you've set your "Catalogs Display Custom Content" to ON, set the "Display Custom Content Dialog at Startup" to OFF. That way, you won't get bothered by the system each time you start the game.

Currently playing HP's Uber Megahood - check out http://simstate.wordpress.com
Forum Resident
#96 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 8:44 PM
Mine always asks if I want custom content displayed. It normal retains the check for "yes" except when a new EP or SP is loaded. Then it defaults to "no" and you have to recheck the "yes." After checking "yes" the first time the new EP/SP loads, it will not show the cc. Then, the next time the game is loaded, the cc is there. So it works the same with hacks as with cc. The second time you load the game, it should be there and work.
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 7:24 AM
Ok update time!

So far in Strangetown.....

GRUNT
General Buzz was demoted for poor work performance and is now an astronaut. He doesn't seem too perturbed by this and is happily making enemies with the pollination tech and family members.

Tank grew to adulthood and joined the army like his father, he's still loveless but will hopefully meet and marry one of the Singles.

Ripp met and developed a crush on Ophelia, kissing her right under Johnny Smiths nose. Those two fight all the time now, and of course, Tank beats on him as well.

Buck is now a teen and seems to be increasing his waistline every day. He's still single but will go to University and I'll see what happens there.

CURIOUS
Pascal gave birth to alien baby Yolanda, fell in love with Nervous Subject and married him at the Beaker residence. They have subsequently moved in together (Beaker house) and have adopted another daughter - Sydney.

Lazlo married his crush, Crystal, and they have a baby together. A little girl whose name escapes me right now!

Vidcund remains single and obsessed with cleaning.

SPECTER
Well, what a sorry state of affairs. Olive argued and harrassed everyone except for Poll Tech Smith, (she had a crush on him). She promptly died of old age. A few short minutes after her death, a grown Ophelia decided to get some food from the fridge, was scared by two ghosts, (one after the other), and she died of fright right there on the kitchen floor! The Specter residence is now vacant and for sale. Poor Ripp and Johnny!!

BEAKER
Not a lot happening with the Beakers other than the Curious family moving in with their alien child and adopted daughter. The children really seem to love Loki!~

More to follow......
Scholar
#98 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 4:52 AM
I lovve reading everyone's stories, so much. They are all so different!
Pascal and Nervous...didn't see that one coming.
So I installed the college hack, which is good, now only 16 days there.
I just wanted to post a pic of one of my sims who turned out gorgeous. It's Sean Broke, Brandi's third son, the one she's pregnant with at the start of the game. He was an ugly toddler, kid and teen, but once sent to college...

I bet all those girls who shunned him in high school for being a nerd would feel different if they saw him now.

I love his smoky eyes and pale skin He is a Knowledge with a secondary of Romance, and is currently in the second semester of Freshman year carrying on a romance with three dormies.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
#99 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:28 AM
I had to start over, unfortunately my Pleasantview vanished when I made a custom hood and the backup wouldn't work anymore so I had to just reset the whole hood. But, I have started yet again! Just to share here's a picture I found funny, it's part of the Goth loading screen. Spoiler of course becausssse

Dina had twin boys *lol* She looks so miserable holding both of them. Hah... hmm, the pale skinned one is Morti Jr, and the darker skinned one is named after her father, Flamenco.
Scholar
#100 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:23 PM
Oh. Poor Dina lol. She does look miserable. She got whiney enough when I made her have one boy. She and Morty do have good genes though.

Nina Caliente is carrying on a relationship with several sims. One of the townies who she went on a date with left her a card, and her teenage son, Tariq, went out to the mailbox to get it. It was from aged Daniel Pleasant, and Tariq sighed and kissed the note!!??

I should probably not tell Sara...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Page 4 of 19