Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2018 at 7:44 PM
Default These Beddings
So I'm preparing the hotel lot I made for Gdayar's contest for upload and I have found all the CC except these three beddings. I wondered if anyone knew where I got them from? I think the first two are from sites that are long gone but I'm not too worried about that since we have rules for that sort of thing. But I'd like to give credit (and a link) where credit is due and would like to find the original download if possible. When I selected the beddings for the hotel, I just chose the ones I liked best for each room. Sigh - should know better I guess. Any ideas?

The green one has the filename Simcastic_GreenVelvetBedspread - I'm pretty sure Simcastic was a site that has gone and has been gone for some time. I've had this bedding for a long time (I like it). I have altered the texture here a bit, removing some blemishes and adding shadows and shape to the sheets so it doesn't look exactly the same as the original though the basic texture for the green bedspread is the same.

The red one has the filename S2DCrazyRedQuilt - I've adjusted the texture slightly here too so it doesn't look 100% as it did originally. Having said that, I didn't change this one too much, just added some shadows and shape. I'm not at all sure what S2D is though - I'm sure I've seen that before but can't remember what site it was or who the maker was.

The yellow one has the filename pjbedding_quilt03 and is the one I'm more hopeful of finding since I haven't altered it in any way and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it more recently (i.e. within the last few years). I think there's a good chance it's still around. pj - any ideas?
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:32 AM
Simcastic are on the wayback machine (can't download stuff though) https://web.archive.org/web/2007022...parates_pg2.htm

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:50 PM
Oh thank you - yes, so the site is gone. I can say that on the upload page but providing a link to the Wayback Machine will help confirm that. The actual bedspread was on page 4 - or at least the picture which seems to be the only thing remaining. So many sites have disappeared and I only have that bedspread from that set.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Oh thank you - yes, so the site is gone. I can say that on the upload page but providing a link to the Wayback Machine will help confirm that. The actual bedspread was on page 4 - or at least the picture which seems to be the only thing remaining. So many sites have disappeared and I only have that bedspread from that set.

I have all 4 (think there were 4) as well as a handful of other Simcastic DL's. Has anyone checked Graveyard to see if they're up there?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have all 4 (think there were 4) as well as a handful of other Simcastic DL's. Has anyone checked Graveyard to see if they're up there?

I could go and have a look. Now I've confirmed it was a real site, I know what to look for.

Theorist
#6 Old 9th May 2018 at 7:32 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 9th May 2018 at 8:08 PM.
I could go and have a look. Now I've confirmed it was a real site, I know what to look for.

I just checked Graveyard and found that there is a Simcastic link there ... however when I went to click on BuyMode I lost the site and now Graveyard won't open for me.

So if it's down (again) I'm reasonable sure that if other Simcastic stuff is desired it can be retrieved from the Graveyard (whenever it comes back )

Is workin now and the set of 4 beddings are on page 3 in the bedroom of buy mode.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I just checked Graveyard and found that there is a Simcastic link there ... however when I went to click on BuyMode I lost the site and now Graveyard won't open for me.

So if it's down (again) I'm reasonable sure that if other Simcastic stuff is desired it can be retrieved from the Graveyard (whenever it comes back )

Is workin now and the set of 4 beddings are on page 3 in the bedroom of buy mode.

Hurrah! And thanks for finding that info. (also the red version of that bedding seems rather nice). Now if I could only find the other two.

Alchemist
#8 Old 10th May 2018 at 8:14 AM
s2d was sims2designs and was Kims site. She had to close it due to hackers. All her stuff from the site is up at pearls http://simpearls.co.uk/simpearls/index.php?board=127.0 , Though I cant see anything that matches that particular blanket, so maybe she uploaded it somewhere else. Could maybe flick her a message at pearls.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th May 2018 at 11:11 AM
I thought that was what s2d was - I was thinking about it during my walk today. Thanks for the link. I'll go and have a look and see if I can find the bedding. It's likely to be a very old file - I have some very old CC. It's a thing when you play neighbourhoods long-term. If you use stuff, you often end up keeping it forever.

I had a quick look, I can't see it either but as the maker is still active, I could ask her about it.

Test Subject
#10 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:59 AM
s2d was a site called Sims2Day. I have some bedding from there, but not the one in the picture. The site is on Wayback Machine but with no pictures of the 41(!) pages of bedding.
I used to love that site...seems so long ago, well it was 11-12 years ago! lol
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th May 2018 at 12:20 AM
So I investigated a bit further and you're right @bitmap52 so thanks for the pointer. I found what I'm pretty sure is the original download 'location' on wayback but no file or picture unfortunately. Just from the (all too brief) description, that's the right maker for the reddish bedding. So Thanks. I wish I could find the yellow one but I think it will turn up eventually - I've found all the other CC for the upload lot I want to submit so I think I'm good.

Test Subject
#12 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:09 PM
So I investigated a bit further and you're right @bitmap52 so thanks for the pointer. I found what I'm pretty sure is the original download 'location' on wayback but no file or picture unfortunately. Just from the (all too brief) description, that's the right maker for the reddish bedding. So Thanks. I wish I could find the yellow one but I think it will turn up eventually - I've found all the other CC for the upload lot I want to submit so I think I'm good.

You are so welcome, maxon!
I looked around a bit for the pjbedding yellow quilt, but no luck- it is distinctive cause it uses the topsheet with stitching from the base game red/blue Asian bedding, most custom beddings don't use that.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bitmap52
You are so welcome, maxon!
I looked around a bit for the pjbedding yellow quilt, but no luck- it is distinctive cause it uses the topsheet with stitching from the base game red/blue Asian bedding, most custom beddings don't use that.

Yeah that's right - I thought someone might remember it. Ah well, it's the only bit I don't have and when I post, someone might remember and tell me.